Haiti

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hiring a driver in Haiti

Haiti Jan 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

What could I expect to pay for hiring a driver for a 5 day stay in Haiti - Mostly in and around Port-au-Prince?

• Cap Rental

Cap-Haïtien Nov 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I want to rent a furnished place for a month. Small is fine.
      any ideas

Adam

2 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    • Is Haiti safe?

Haiti Oct 24, 2013 at 6:52 AM

My teenage son is planning to go to Haiti in March oon a mission trip. Is this safe and what health precautions should be taken?

4 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • 410 Bridge trip

Haiti Oct 1, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Has anyone traveled with the 410 bridge organization? my daughter is going with a college group to help the deaf community in January 2014. I'm just concerned about her welfare. How are the hotels? Do they have to travel through bad areas to reach the deaf community?

3 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • homestay in Haiti?

Haiti Aug 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Hello-

I will be traveling to Haiti for 3-6 months to work with a non-profit organization and would like to find a home stay, possibly in the Port-au-Prince. Does anyone know of a website or other way to connect with families willing to host a visitor? I would like to rent a room with a host family, and possibly join in on meals, make friends, learn local culture and practice my Creole and French.

Thank you!

Stephanie

2 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    • do you know

Jacmel Jun 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Is Hotel Le Rendez-vous and the Guesthouse Rendez-vous in Jacmel the same place or two different business? do you have the email address of both? I cannot find them in the web.
      Thank you.
      Edward

3 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    • getting to Santo Domingo

Haiti May 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

What is the best way to get from Santo Domingo to Haiti and vice versa.

1 Answer May 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    • Driver in Haiti?

Haiti Sep 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hi, does anyone know of any drivers in Haiti we can hire to drive us as we sight see? Like day trip travels?

1 Answer Nov 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    • Lapsrus's Profile Photo

Cell phone in Haiti

Haiti Aug 26, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I will need a cell phone for one week in Cap Hatien. My Verizon service won't work. Does anyone have any leads on short term rental or disposable phones? No data plan is necessary.

Thanks,
      Glenn

2 Answers Nov 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    • Wall guesthouse in Port au Prince is horrible -- any other recommendations?

Haiti Feb 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM

We used to stay at the Wall Guest House - but there's a voyeur on their staff & the place is unsafe for women (not just the voyeur: no locks on doors, broken windows in showers, no curtains).

We found the hotel by the airport is decent & has air conditioning (same price as the crappy Wall house) but we want more choices.

4 Answers Nov 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    • Continental terminal

Port-au-Prince Sep 14, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I have a group of 8 returning to the US on Nov 22 on Continental direct flight to Newark. Does anyone have experience with ticketing and other issues with Continental? Want to be aware of any problems that might arise.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    • Travel / Sight Seeing / Safety in Cap Haitien!

Cap-Haïtien Aug 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Planning trip to Cap Haitien the end of August 2011. Any current information about safety (do's and don’ts) for American citizens and sightseeing must would be greatly appreciated. Also any job opportunities, I would like to become involved in the local community helping rebuild and foster economic revitalization.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    • Villa Valentine Arcachon

Arcachon Jun 11, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Can anyone give me any information regarding Villa Valentine in Arcachon please?
      I am unable to find any reviews on line for these apartments. Many thanks.

• Bus to Jacmel from PAP

Port-au-Prince May 25, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I have a group of 24 people traveling from PAP to Jacmel. Any suggestions to hiring a bus or Tap-tap just for our group? We will have about 40 bags of equipment and gear as well.

2 Answers Jun 16, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    • Transportation from PAP to Jacmel

Jacmel May 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I have a group of 24 people traveling from PAP to Jacmel. Any suggestions to hiring a bus or Tap-tap just for our group? We will have about 40 bags of equipment and gear as well.

• Anyone hitched sea ride Haiti -> Cuba?

Haiti Jan 30, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I know there are no scheduled ferries. I know there are flights from Jamaica or Dominican to Cuba.

Has anyone tried hitching a ride on a private vessel traveling between Haiti and Cuba? I've seen mention of this possible mode of transit, I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried it.

4 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    • Medical mission in March

Haiti Dec 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM

My hubby is traveling in March and I really want to Start on a packing list must have for this time of year. Please give me some suggestions as some items I would like to put under the Christmas tree. Yes, we do realize the political unrest and dangers. He will be there along with other surgeons and medical teams. I believe that no matter what good outweighs evil, therefore he will be safe and yet extremely cautious. Thank you for your time responding to my inquiries!
      Frsnce

2 Answers Dec 16, 2010 at 2:35 AM
    • guide in haiti?

Haiti Nov 8, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I (58,m) want to go to haiti in march 2011, first time, esp. for historical interest, writing a biography about toussaint. search for a well informed local guide who will be able to drive around with me (taxi?!) to visits, contacts and explaining.
      alfred

6 Answers Apr 30, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    • Has anyone stayed at the Ayiti Guesthouse?

Haiti Jul 16, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Has anyone stayed at the Ayiti Guesthouse in Mahotiere 79 (PAP)? I am traveling to Haiti and would like more information about them.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    • cigars

Haiti Jun 23, 2010 at 8:54 AM

can Dominican cigars be purchased cheap in Haiti? Do you know box prices in Haiti for Romeo & Julieta or Arturo Fuente?

• cigars

Port-au-Prince Jun 23, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Can dominican cigars, such as Romeo & Julieta be purchased in Haiti, and do you know if the box prices are cheap? A box in the US runs from115 on up. Thanks!

• Concerned long term guest

Port-au-Prince Jun 14, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Is the Coconut Villa Hotel in Port au Prince, Rue Delmas 19 run by Leila and
      Wilhelm open and running, is everyone ok ? I was a guest since 1979 .
      Please post telephone number and e-mail, the old ones are not working.

Thanks

Margrit von Ruckteschell Deman

• relief work in haiti - post earthquake

Haiti Jan 24, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hi there,

I am interested in traveling to Haiti to help with the relief work there. I am not connected to any agency at the moment, but could travel there a tie up with someone on the ground once I get there.
      Has anyone got any advice, ideas or information that might be of some use?

Steve

10 Answers Dec 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM
    • world-g's Profile Photo

Passport question.

Haiti Nov 27, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Many countries demand that your passport have at least 6 months left on it in order to gain entry.

Does Haiti make that requirement?

I plan to travel to Haiti in December for 1 week. My passport expires in February 2010, around 2 months after the trip. I will not be renewing the passport until January 2010.

Will I be able to use my current passport to travel Haiti?

2 Answers Nov 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    • Shaddow's Profile Photo

Haiti Beaches

Haiti Oct 25, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I need the know the best beaches for snorkeling in Haiti. Also lookin for a beach that We can go and sit and drink on the beach.

• Shaddow's Profile Photo

Haiti Costs

Haiti Oct 25, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I need the average cost for a guesthouse/ pension in Haiti

• guide

Haiti Jul 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I will be in PAP july 29 2009 to aug ist-I am canadian and I would like to hire a guide and car-anyone help-dstorie51gmail.com

• sherrillbland's Profile Photo

Postcards available...where?

Haiti Jun 18, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Leaving very soon on a mission trip to Haiti (Croix-des-Bouquets) and have promised to send a fellow VTer as well as family back home postcards from our visit there. Where will I find postcards? Are they available at the airport at Port-au-Prince? Any help appreciated!

2 Answers Jun 18, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    • Finding Temple

Jacmel Jun 2, 2009 at 6:20 AM

Hi,

Could anyone supply me with the address of the Temple de Nos Ancetre and nearby hotels?

Thanks

• supplies

Haiti Apr 11, 2009 at 3:35 PM

me and my family are going to haiti what should we bring?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2009 at 8:57 PM