Travel Answers
Hainan Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Does Zhejiang Loong Airlines have its own Inflight Magazine?

Hangzhou Feb 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Has anyone flown with Zhejiang Loong Airlines also known as Loongair? If yes, does this airline have its own Inflight Magazine?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Does Donghai Airlines have Donghai Airlines Inflight Magazine?

Shenzhen Feb 19, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Has anyone flown with Donghai Airlines? Does this airline have its own logo name Inflight Magazine?

more
    • Life of foreigners in Liaocheng

Liaocheng Feb 3, 2015 at 10:58 AM

Hello, does anyone know wheather there are any cafeterias or pubs, where foreigners gather or just visit in Liocheng??? Thank you))

more
    • Monastary/Temple stay

Chengdu Feb 1, 2015 at 3:51 AM

Where can I book 2 nights to stay with my family (2wife and 2 grown up kids) in the mountains please. Planning a June trip.

more
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Senior tourists entrance fee

Zhangjiajie Jan 31, 2015 at 6:08 AM

I wonder if we can apply for senior discounts visiting National parks, museum, etc in China. Last October, we visited zhangjiajie, Wulingyuan, Fenghuang...we showed our passports which the ages shown over 65 years old. Everywhere we went, we were charged normal entrance fee as the guide said that it is not applicable. I think the guide tried to overcharge us. Or the senior discount only apply for Chinese citizens? Since the fees are very expensive and we visited many places where fee required. It came up almost 1000 yuans for one week there.

more
    • Xiamen's Local Culture Dance and Entertainment Shows

Xiamen Feb 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Are there any local dance/entertainment shows worth seeing in Xiamen?

thank you!

more
    • Wang Cong'er

Wuhan Feb 13, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Does anyone know the name of the specific mountain or mountain range that the White Lotus sect leader, Wang Cong'er, jumped from in 1798 instead of surrendering? Some sources say it's Moshan Hill. Is this true and if so does anyone know of the specific area? I'm very interested in this historic event and would love to visit the location. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Can I arrange a guide when I arrive in Huangshan and how much per day?

Huangshan Feb 11, 2015 at 9:16 AM

I will be travelling to huangshan in November this year and wondered how I can arrange a tour guide (I don't mind joining in with a small group tour) after I arrive and for how much?

more
    • Tianjin cruise port

Beijing Shi Feb 9, 2015 at 6:17 AM

What is the best way and price to get from downtown Beijing to Tianjin Port

more
    • dplesko's Profile Photo

Beijing, Xian, Shanghai tour

China Feb 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Please recommend CH agency for Beijing, Xian, Shanghai tour ca. 8 days for family (2a + 2k). I made one in India with local company and it was great organized so looking for something similar. I'm planing trip this summer starting from Beijing or Shanghai. Travel may be flight or train. Thanks.

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul ferry

Shanghai Feb 8, 2015 at 6:08 AM

According to Google, there are ferries from Qingdao to Seoul. My question is whats the easiest and the cheapest way to go all the way from Shanghai to Seoul by ferry.

more
    • Getting to Xidi Tourist Area

China Jan 28, 2015 at 2:01 AM

Using both fast train and bus, how do I reach the Xidi Tourist Area?

We are staying at the Xi Di Travel Lodge

Thank you in advance,
      Francine

more
    • SurinderKakar's Profile Photo

Which clothes should i carry as i am going to stay in Kunming from March to July ?

Kunming Feb 18, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Hello , I'm packing for kunming but i cant figure out exactly which all clothes should i carry to kunming for march to july month . Plz anyone suggest me here or to my email : surinderoppk@gmail.com

more
    • mumbaihost's Profile Photo

Visiting Shanghai

Shanghai Feb 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hello Friends,
      I will be visiting Shanghai to attend Exhibition in April 1st week.
      I would like to know which is best place to stay in main Shanghai city?
      Can any female member be guide & show me the city?
      Cya,
      Pankaj

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

AccoMMODATION:

Shanghai Feb 23, 2015 at 8:47 AM

I am a senior citizen & will be traveling alone to Shanghai. I will be arriving late afternoon. can anyone suggest a safe, clean, budget accommodation but please centrally located accommodation in Shanghai. Also, directions using the public transportation from the International Airport to the accommodation. Many thanks to my VT'ers friends!

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

SHANGHAI VISIT

Shanghai Feb 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I will be arriving in Shanghai by myself in Shanghai end of March. 1). can you recommend a hostal located centrally that approximately cost between $25.00 - $30.00. 2). This is my first time to travel by myself , would it be easy taking the public transportation to my accommdation? any helpful traveling tips specially for a first timer would be greatly appreciated! many thanks to all.

more
    • Visa / Dual Citizenship

China Feb 5, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Scenario: 2 passports. Passport 1 is for birth country and passport 2 is not. Birth country doesn't allow dual citizenship. If for example you have a visa for country A in passport 2 (departing from birth country) and like to travel to country A, how would you proceed? Possible solution is to go to the embassy (in birth country) and reapply for a new visa on passport 1 but wouldn't they question why you're doing that since the other one is still valid for quite some time? They will obviously see that you also have a citizenship not belonging to the country you're in so would they report it?

The other option is to fly to another country and then connect to end destination through there since other country doesn't care about your citizenship as long you're legally allowed to enter but that could get costly.

What do you think?

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Cheapest airlines?

Shanghai Feb 1, 2015 at 6:20 AM

What are considerably the cheapest airlines for traveling from Shanghai to Thailand and Philippines?

more
    • validity of Zhuhai travel agency

Zhuhai Feb 2, 2015 at 9:31 AM

I just met a Philippino woman who wants to meet me and come to america to visit. She says she is working to get a visa and plane ticket through virtual tourist travel agency. She wants me to send money to help her pay for this, but I can't find the agency online. Is this a scam? She says 150 for visa,150 for medical,150 for service and 1250 for plane ticket?

more

Popular Hainan Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• limledi's Profile Photo

Guide with Van

Haikou Jan 5, 2015 at 2:23 AM

Hi. Anyone can recommend a good reliable English speaking guide or driver with van? We're 11 pax all adults. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 10:54 PM
    • What things to do in sanya?

Sanya Mar 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM

What things to do in sanya? is it beautiful city? what about the agent of http://www.freesanya.com?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • weather in january, haikou and other northern island cities

Hainan Dao Jan 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM

do i need a coat or jacket for evening
      is the water warm enough to swim

thanks

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • eve_d's Profile Photo

Excursions

Sanya Apr 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I'm travelling to Sanya in July and I i want to visit some other city that would be interesting to see and quite close to Sanya. I'm on budget, so a definite no to star cruises to Vietnam. Hong Kong would be perfect, but I have no clue how to get there. Any suggestions?
      Thanks

1 Answer Apr 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    • aj31's Profile Photo

trains on Hainan

Hainan Sheng May 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Hi,

We are off to Hainan in about 6 weeks and we have 5 nights/days in Yalong Bay/Sanya area. We are not particularly beachy people - well not for 5 days, so will be looking for some excursions.

The hot pools sound nice for one day and another will be looking around the shops I suspect, but I have also read that there is a high speed train to Haikou, do you think it would be safe (eg. have enough time) to do a day trip?

Also is there any shows/theatres shoowing traditional Chinese performances in Sayna?

Thanks for any hep you can provide.

A

1 Answer May 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    • Location Sheraton hotel

Haikou Jan 17, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Later thisc year we are planning our holiday in Haikou and the Sheraton hotel seems an attractice location.
      However we would like to know if the hotel is located rather isolated.
      Is it within walking distance from shops/restaurants so it is possible to go to local restaurants as we do not want to eat every evening in the hotel.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    • Haikou bars & clubs

Haikou Oct 23, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Hi!
      This summer my friends & I decided to go to China. We are going to stay in Haikou for a few days.
      Can you recommend us some free entry clubs or bars with not many foreigners. Are there any streets with more than 2 clubs?

Moreover,I`dlike to ask how can we get to Haikou from Guangzhou?

谢谢 ^___^

2 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Night markets

Hainan Dao May 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Is there any night market in Haikou and Sanya for cheap shopping? Safe?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear during late March trip to Shijiazhuang via Sanya from Haikou

Haikou Feb 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Dear Haikou VT,

i am embarking on a late March city-hopping trip (25 March to 26 March) to Shijiazhuang, south of Beijing, from Haikou via Sanya. May i know what to wear in Shijiazhuang and Sanya and how much it costs to travel from Haifu Road, Haikou to Haikou East Railway Station for the bullet train ride to Sanya?

Is it Spring season in the south of Beijing now as there is no snow there at this time of the year?

Chyan

• LuKangWei's Profile Photo

Information on Hainan

Hainan Sheng Jul 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hi,

Hi!

I am moving to Sanya Bay, Hainan, China in about a month. I have been looking for information about traveling to the island. For example, what sites to see, where to stay, where to eat, and where to travel. However, it seems difficult to find out a lot about the island. Could anyone help me find out where English speakers get most of their information about Hainan? References and wed sites would be a huge help.

Thanks,

Max

1 Answer Jul 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    • Coral Reefs viewing

Sanya Mar 24, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Anyone knows where is a good place to go view coral reefs?

(never done this before, also...can't swim)

Will be living in Yalong area, and the pictures of the clear underwater with fishes and corals look stunning!

Welcome recommendations!
      Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    • Resort Golden Palm

Sanya Mar 24, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Going with my bf to Yalong Bay and reserved Resort Golden Palm this Easter. However, on checking the pictures, the rooms seem old and ther'es exactly 1 pool. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and if it was good? (does it even have a bathtub?) Or how about the food or eating in nearby places?

Concerns:
      1. single pool will be crowded with kids family etc.
      2. room seems old....
      3. prefer a bathtub

Looking to reconnect and rejuvenate again as couple, and prefer a warm room ;)
      Budget 500-600 RMB per night.

THanks!

1 Answer Mar 31, 2010 at 5:15 AM
    • eating in yalong bay

Sanya Mar 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Is there a supermarket near the cactus resort in yalong bay to buy food/drinks etc also is there any
      local restaurants to eat in rather than hotels

1 Answer Mar 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    • idy's Profile Photo

Jianfengling National Forest Park

Hainan Sheng Feb 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Hello forum folks!

I'll be heading to Hainan in late March, but I'm not so much interested in the beaches as the forests and farms. I would like to visit the Jianfengling National Forest Park, but it seems no public buses go there. Does anyone know how I can visit the place? I will be travelling alone on a budget, so I don't want to hire a driver to take me around.

Perhaps there is a good reasonably priced day trip offered by a travel company? Any recommendations? Or do you think it's not worth visiting?

Many thanks in advance!

• hainan Dao looking for a place to stay

Hainan Sheng Dec 15, 2009 at 9:16 PM

hi dear all,
      we a re from Brazil, living in Beijing and need the beach and sun for this Xmas season! we are going to Hainan Island and want to find a place normal budget , avoid resorts and lots of turism concentration .. can you kindly recommend nice places to stay..by the way we will travel with our children in age of 5 and 7! THANKS A LOT !!! Great vacations for all of you!!! Rita

• hotels at Shimei Bay

Wanning Dec 8, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I going to travel to Sanya next month for conference at Wanning, I just wonder is there any good hotel at Shimei bay that anyone can recommend? I know there's a le meridien hotel at shimei bay but it is too expensive. As i not there for relaxing holiday, so there's no point for me to pay high price and not be able to enjoy. anyone know some budget hotels around the shimei bay area?
      Is te taxi service expensive from Xinglong to Le Meridien hotel?
      Thank you very much for your help. Any advises are welcomed.

• Travelling alone-a number of questions

Hainan Nov 13, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Hi guys,
      I'm considering an option of travelling to Hainan (Sanya) alone. Thus, a number of questions appears:
      1 Is it safe, eg to walk around in the evening for a young lady in Sanya and Dadunhai(sorry for incorrect spelling).
      2 are credit cards accepted there? Or shall I take cash with me?
      3 Language. Do Chinese speak English? Russian?
      4 How's the weather at the moment and water (sea) temperature?

Thanx in advance for replies!

• motobike rental in sanya

Sanya Sep 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Hi I will go to Sanya next week. I have interest rental motobike. can you help me?

6 Answers Sep 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    • ingaga's Profile Photo

Places to stay at Shimei Bay?

Hainan Sep 16, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Hi there,

Im am going to Hainan End of October for a few days to relax at the beach.
      I heard that the Shimei Bay is very nice and not so much touristic.
      Can't find any hotels on the internet which are on the beach. Only the huge Méridien. Doesn't need to bee that fancy for me.

Thanks for tipps for places to stay!

best wishes,
      inga

3 Answers Dec 15, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    • A Trip to Sanya

Hainan Dao Aug 6, 2009 at 2:11 AM

We intend to spend one week with my kids in Sanya, is the beach good for surfing? We know the weather is fine but what else we can do apart from bathing ourselves in the sunshine? Can anybody recommend some other activities, it couldn't be better if my kids can be involved, they are 10 and 7yrs. Your any suggestion is highly appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    • Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Weather in SANYA

Sanya Jul 26, 2009 at 10:37 AM

We are planning to visit Sanya in Dec/Jan 09. What is the weather like then?
      Would you choose to go to Sanya or Shanghai?

2 Answers Jul 30, 2009 at 12:20 AM
    • ChinaNN's Profile Photo

Anyone wants to travel to Sanya?(Hainan province,China)

Sanya Jun 5, 2009 at 8:07 AM

hi dear all,
      As the summer is on the way.It's the best time to travel to sanya..A beautiful city locates in Hainan province,China.
      I am planning a trip to sanya on July or August with few of my girlfriends.Anybody wants to go may join us...

Here is the link of some pics:
      image.baidu.com/i?tn=baiduim...

• Haikou-Hainan-Sanya

Sanya Mar 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Hi there,

I would like to visit Haikou-Hainan-Sanya around End April - 1st week of May for 4-5Nights, can anyone advise on the weather?

We're looking at accomodation at around RMB500+ per night. Any recommendation and will it be cheaper if we were to book upon arrival?

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 29, 2009 at 1:08 AM
    • haikou muslim/halal restaurants

Haikou Feb 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM

hi..could somebody let me know or name halal/muslim restaurants nearby or within walking distance from haikou hotel...thank you

1 Answer Feb 7, 2009 at 12:26 AM
    • the cost of living

Sanya Jan 23, 2009 at 5:07 AM

i would like to know the cost of living on the island i.e the price of a alcoholic drinks eating out day trips all the things people like to do on holiday is the island clean anything of help really

1 Answer Jan 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM
    • naturalbornflier's Profile Photo

URGENT - Advice needed

Sanya Jan 6, 2009 at 3:56 AM

HI
      I have booked an 8 day stay at Aegean Conifer REsort in May. I booked through sanyatravelguide.com. I wired the full amount to them but it has been over a month and they have not recieved. Is this a legitimate travel agency?

If i cancel, where can you recommend. There are 4 adults, and we like, beach, very nice rooms, bar etc

Many thanks
      NaturalBornFlier

2 Answers Jan 7, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    • hainan tour

Haikou Jan 2, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I and my wife will visit hainan soon and would like to know how much it would cost for a 4 day 3 nights tour from haikou up to sanya on a budget scale and I have heard about the china travel service [cts] do the charge reasonably and where does the office located...thank you

• wjn's Profile Photo

Do You Stay Here Before?

Hainan Sheng Dec 27, 2008 at 10:41 PM

I found that all the below Hotels are at the same rating, does anyone stay there before, what is your comment pls:-

1. Sun City Hotel Haikou (seem the best and newest but a little out of the city)
      2. Mingyang Hotel Haikou (city center)
      3. Sea View Hotel Haikou (city center)

Pls advise me to which hotel should I book into? ( of course cleanliness is my main concern)

Thanks.

• wjn's Profile Photo

Crystal Blue Gluf & Lan Hai Apartment

Hainan Dao Dec 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM

We are a number of 6 people will visit Sanya in the coming March, 09. We intend to book into the above whole apartment directly from the owner. Does anyone here stay there before and can give me their contact that I can liase wth them directly?

Thanks.

Jane

2 Answers Dec 25, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    • Piecesmalaysia's Profile Photo

Any place of visit to recommend?

Haikou Dec 10, 2008 at 10:51 PM

My family and I, 8 person in total will be visiting Hainan Sheng between 29/12/08 to 2/1/09. We will be visiting Haikou, Sanya, and Xinglong. Any places of visit to recommend?
      And what's the weather there during this time? Will it go down to 10 deg celsius?
      And also any nice must try food that we must not missed out there?
      How about shopping? Any cheap places here to shop for clothings?
      Thanks

Spicy

1 Answer Dec 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM