Hainan Sheng Travel Answers

change location
aj31's Profile Photo

trains on Hainan

by aj31 Online Now May 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Hi,

We are off to Hainan in about 6 weeks and we have 5 nights/days in Yalong Bay/Sanya area. We are not particularly beachy people - well not for 5 days, so will be looking for some excursions.

The hot pools sound nice for one day and another will be looking around the shops I suspect, but I have also read that there is a high speed train to Haikou, do you think it would be safe (eg. have enough time) to do a day trip?

Also is there any shows/theatres shoowing traditional Chinese performances in Sayna?

Thanks for any hep you can provide.

A

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • asiaminor's Profile Photo

Re: trains on Hainan

by asiaminor Online Now May 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

the trip from Sanya to Haikou takes about 2hrs by the high speed train and 3 hours by express buses.Both are safe.Haikou is the provincial capital with only 3 official tourist attractions.I personally loved the place so stayed more than i was planning to stay.It helped my imagination on how south east asia would be if it was under Chinese rule.It is much less touristy than Sanya but there is really nothing speacial rather than walking around which I doubt would be worthed spend a day on a 5 days trip.Wenchang is a small agri-cultural place(coconuts) with spectacular tiny village Dong Jiao Yelin on the east coast of the island but again, maybe a long walk around the coconut forests with amazingly beautiful scenery and a beach which is not the best but nothing else...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Hainan Sheng Travel Answer Locations