Hainan Dao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Barista Equipment

Guangzhou Nov 26, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Hi am going to Guangzhou, and I want to shop barista equipment, like tamper, teflon pitcher, coffee filters, thermometer, etc. Can anyone help where I can by these kind of things.

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

Question about visits with locals

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). We would like to meet some local people to exchange culture and ideas. Is that possible?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Travel to Xianying Palace in Fuzhou Changle

Fuzhou Nov 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Is it easy to hail a taxi in Changle of Fuzhou for travel to Xianying Palace near Changle Airport of Fuzhou? Is Xianying Palace important place to visit in Fuzhou? How much estimated to pay for a trip to this place?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Fuzhou on 5 December?

Fuzhou Nov 25, 2015 at 2:24 PM

It is expected highest temperature in Fuzhou is 19 Degrees Celsius, lowest temperature at 11. Are upper long-john, long-sleeved shirt and winter jacket enough?

• Rail from Chengdu to Leshan

Chengdu Nov 2, 2015 at 1:15 AM

How easy is it to take the high speed rail from Chengdu to Leshan? And once in Leshan station, what is the best way to get to the Buddha? What are the expected travel times?

• bullet train

Xiamen Nov 14, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi,i will b travelling to fuzhou next week then to xiamen but i need to know which train station must i go from fuzhou to xiamen zhong shan parK? I understand that there r a few station to board n alight the train.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Sleeping in Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Nov 6, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Can i sleep at Guangzhou Airport upon arrival at 2 am? I have a domestic flight to board at 2.15 pm for Hangzhou.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

Fuzhou Nov 25, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Is Bin Xin Museum or Jin Gang Tui Park near Fuzhou Changle Airport?

• AlanS51's Profile Photo

How to spend a day on our own in Shanghai

Shanghai Nov 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM

We are two active seniors ( 70's). How can we spend a day ( not too expensive) seeing off beat Shangahi.

• price of china

Beijing Nov 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM

What prices at KFC in China

• 2 weeks every day expenses

Lanzhou Oct 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Traveling to Lanzhou for 2 weeks Mid December 2015, Wondering what i will need for lots of coffee, "cafe's" Cheap eats most of the time, Good Restaurant perhaps 3 times with friend and daughter "vegen" I would expect i will do a couple of Museums, Go out to a couple of local Bars, 2-3 times, City transport, and will need cheap Mobile phone with prepaid credit,

Some hints as to whats worth seeing in and around Lanzhou and if any huge bulk shopping centres, and cake shops

I wouldn't mind going to some of the disadvantaged area's of Lanzhou also. perhaps do a little people orientated volunteer work while i am there, any information on this would also be helpful.

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear for four hours in Hangzhou on 13 November?

Hangzhou Nov 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM

May I know what should i wear for four hours in Hangzhou outdoors on 13 November between 4.20 pm and 8 pm? Can i just wear long-john and long-sleeved shirt? Will they keep me less cold?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

What can one do within 4 hours at Hangzhou Airport?

Hangzhou Nov 8, 2015 at 3:11 AM

Dear Hangzhou VT,

I arrive in Hangzhou Airport at 4.20 pm on Friday where i will transit for direct flight back to Singapore at 11 pm with Scoot. May I know are there tourist destinations near the airport other than the Head Office of Zhejiang Loong Air?

How far is West Lake from the airport? I understand there are no city train services to the airport.

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Transport for airport to city centre

Beijing Yesterday

We arrive in Beijing ar 7.50 a.m. Bearing in mind that I'm not good after a long flight, what is the easiest way for two of us to get to the Novotel Xinqiao hotel, and how much will it cost? The tips in the travel guide seem quite old.

We have been to Beijing before, but that was in 2007 and the hotel transfer was included in our tour.

• rosielim's Profile Photo

Looking for private transport for booking in Shenzhen

China Nov 23, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I am looking for transport to book for my airport/hotel transfer during December.
      Anyone has a good contact that can recommend?
      Just need 1 trip from airport to train station and another trip from hotel to airport.
      4 adults and 4 luggages.
      Your help is greatly appreciated.

• weather in january, haikou and other northern island cities

by kikikillercat Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM

do i need a coat or jacket for evening
      is the water warm enough to swim

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Night markets

by anoum Online Now May 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Is there any night market in Haikou and Sanya for cheap shopping? Safe?

• A Trip to Sanya

by Lytha Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 2:11 AM

We intend to spend one week with my kids in Sanya, is the beach good for surfing? We know the weather is fine but what else we can do apart from bathing ourselves in the sunshine? Can anybody recommend some other activities, it couldn't be better if my kids can be involved, they are 10 and 7yrs. Your any suggestion is highly appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    • wjn's Profile Photo

Crystal Blue Gluf & Lan Hai Apartment

by wjn Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM

We are a number of 6 people will visit Sanya in the coming March, 09. We intend to book into the above whole apartment directly from the owner. Does anyone here stay there before and can give me their contact that I can liase wth them directly?

2 Answers Dec 25, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    • Free and easy vs tour package

by dengoh Online Now May 28, 2007 at 10:43 AM

I am wondering if I should book a package from Singapore or just book hotels / rent car / take public transport and go whereever i want to etc. is there a suggested route to take to make the most of my 7-8 days there?

Can anyone advise is it easy to take public transport or better to rent a car ? and how much for both modes.

Understood the hotel rate quoted usually are rack rates which can go much lower depending on season. How much would be the average 3-4 stars hotels around sanya or haikou around mid-june ?

5 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 4:42 AM
    • weather in Hainan island

by blackler Online Now May 15, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me how bad the weather is likley to be in Hainan in last week of June. Would not be my favourite time to travel but we are coming to China for a wedding so don't have much choice. Is it worth risking it for three/fours days in Hainan (are we likely to get any good weather at all?) or would it be more sensible to go somewhere else (thinking of Guilin/Yangshou). Do not want to be stuck on beach in rain with nothing to do!

2 Answers May 20, 2007 at 8:49 PM
    • myspices's Profile Photo

Zhuhai to Haikou

by myspices Online Now Feb 27, 2007 at 3:01 AM

Dear fellow VTers,
      I will be making my way from Zhuhai (crossing over from Macau) to Haikou via the long distance bus (understand it's 19hours). Would appreciate if you can assist/advise on the following :
      1) The bus schedule from Zhuhai to Haikou
      2) The bus fare from Zhuhai to Haikou
      3) Do we need to take the ferry, crossing over to Haikou or the long distance bus will cross a bridge over to Haikou.
      4) I intend to visit Sanya/Haikou/Xinglong/Wenchang/Xincun/Tongzha/Nanshan. Is there any of the places mentioned that i should give it a miss or is there any other places of interests that i should go to?
      5) Any suggestion on how my routes should be?

1 Answer Feb 27, 2007 at 9:51 AM
    • Travel distance & Time from Haikou to Sanya

by sylkroad Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 7:52 PM

What is the distance between Haikou & Sanya? How long is the bus journey between these 2 places? Is there a published bus schedule?

4 Answers Jan 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM
    • Your advise please

by samtan1 Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 7:10 PM

We'll be travelling to Hainan dao in early September.

We'll be interested to visit Nan Hai Kwan In.

Could some kind soul advise the openning hours, and the charges to visit
      this place.

Are there any packaged tour to this place, and what's the charges?

Thank you for your advise.

Kind Regards,

2 Answers Aug 15, 2006 at 12:27 AM
    • Durfun's Profile Photo

Accommodation/sites/shopping in Hainan Dao please

by Durfun Online Now Nov 28, 2005 at 4:45 AM

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone has tips on a YMCA/youth hostel/economical lodging in Hainan Dao please?

Also, is there a Hare Krishna temple in the region?

Any must-go tourist attractions, night-spots, shopping malls, etc worth recommending?

Which is the best place for authentic souvenirs shopping, and quality electronic equipment?

Your help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

1 Answer Nov 28, 2005 at 6:03 AM
    • Anyone been?

by The_Global_Penguins Online Now Nov 18, 2003 at 5:58 PM

My girlfriend and I plan to go from Beixai to Haikou by boat (Hainan) and spend a week on the island. Is it definitely worth going to? And can you suggest some cheap (but preferably nice) places to stay? Also do you know how long the crossing takes and what the accomodation aboard the ship is like? Thanks in advance Dan

5 Answers Nov 24, 2003 at 3:36 PM