Hainan Dao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

Dazhai Apr 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

more
    • Left luggage

Kunming May 18, 2015 at 6:33 AM

We will be in Kumming from 19/5, then fly to Lijiang on 22/5. Return to Kumming on 24/5 to transit to Singapore on same day. Need to leave a large luggage for 3 days. May I know where can I leave it safely and how much will it cost pls?thanks

more
    • Legitimate travel agency?

Guangzhou 5 hours ago

Can anyone tell me if expeditiontravelexpat.com located at No: 21 Jiefang Beilu, Baiyu District, Guangzhou City, 
Guangdong China is legitimate?

more
    • Central station in Beijing

China 21 hours ago

Hi, We are arriving from Ulan Bhator at Beijing central station and need to get to Beijing airport for an onward flight to Japan. I have done research into transfers but all the details are from a variety of stations, none of which are referred to as the central station. Can any one help with the name of the station? Also any tips of a quick transfer would be great as we have just under 3 hours to get from the station to the airport (which l understand is about 30 km so should be doable - if l have the right station!)

Many thanks

more
    • expeditiontravelexpat.com

China Yesterday

Does anyone have any experience with this website. Someone wanted me to. use them but some of the things they told me seemed sketchy.
      Thank You

more
    • Visa requirement?

Shanghai May 12, 2015 at 4:04 PM

We are schedule for a port of call in Shanghai, China on Celebrity Millennium, Nov 1, 2015 We will be in port for 16 hrs then sail on to our next port of call, Okinawa, Japan. Do we need a Chinese Visa to do a day tour of Shanghai or does the 24 hrs visa free transit apply. Has anyone recently been on cruise to Shanghai and did you need a visa to get off to tour?

more
    • Guilin hotel

Guilin May 4, 2015 at 1:29 AM

I'd like to find an under 150 Yuan/nite hotel that is clean, quiet, with English tv. Agoda reviews show not many hotels meet this. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

more
    • Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

Guilin Apr 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

more
    • is it better to stay in Hong Kong or Shenzhen?

Shenzhen Apr 26, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Hi We are coming to Hong Kong for 8 days, my question is is it worth it to break it up and spend a few nights in Shenzhen for the shopping or should we just commute? From what I remember on our last trip, (we only spent a day in Shenzhen) it was exhausting and we only went in one shopping building which had multiple floors. Is there any other shopping besides that one building and is it worth it to stay for a few days as opposed to just going for a day. Basically what I would like to know is there more than just that one building for shopping? I know the prices were much lower than in Hong Kong and since this is mainly a shopping trip I'm curious to know what others think if it's worth our while spending a few days there. Thanks.

more
    • 2 Days in Xi'An

Xi'an May 17, 2015 at 1:30 AM

Hi,

What would you recommend to do in Xi'An for a 2 days weekend end of November?
      And do you have any tips how to go from the airport to downtown/ the train stations?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
      Sven

more
    • One day trip from Shanghai to Huangshan

Huangshan Apr 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Hey guys, i am planning on taking a trip to shanghai in july and was wondering if its possible to visit the mountain in a day and be back in shanghai? i found that a bus from shanghai station to Tangkou will take roughly 6 hours if i leave on the first one at 6am, spend a few hours on the mountain (4-5hrs) and then take a bus back to shanghai. is this a good idea or crazy? also, i dont know exactly which bus goes back to shanghai and from where (Tangko or tuxni) if anyone has experience/advice/suggestion or specific bus routes to take would help a lot!. thanks

more
    • 2 days Weekend

Chongqing May 17, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hi,

What would you recommend to do in Chongqing for a 2 days weekend end of November?
      And do you have any tips how to go from the airport to downtown/ the train stations?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
      Sven

more
    • OliviaPRibeiro's Profile Photo

Beijing Roast Duck

Beijing Apr 28, 2015 at 8:02 AM

I'm looking for a genuine restaurant to eat the famous Roast Duck... but I'm trying to avoid the tourist ones... any thoughts?

more
    • weather in january, haikou and other northern island cities

by kikikillercat Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM

do i need a coat or jacket for evening
      is the water warm enough to swim

thanks

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Night markets

by anoum Online Now May 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Is there any night market in Haikou and Sanya for cheap shopping? Safe?

• A Trip to Sanya

by Lytha Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 2:11 AM

We intend to spend one week with my kids in Sanya, is the beach good for surfing? We know the weather is fine but what else we can do apart from bathing ourselves in the sunshine? Can anybody recommend some other activities, it couldn't be better if my kids can be involved, they are 10 and 7yrs. Your any suggestion is highly appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    • wjn's Profile Photo

Crystal Blue Gluf & Lan Hai Apartment

by wjn Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM

We are a number of 6 people will visit Sanya in the coming March, 09. We intend to book into the above whole apartment directly from the owner. Does anyone here stay there before and can give me their contact that I can liase wth them directly?

Thanks.

Jane

2 Answers Dec 25, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    • Free and easy vs tour package

by dengoh Online Now May 28, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if I should book a package from Singapore or just book hotels / rent car / take public transport and go whereever i want to etc. is there a suggested route to take to make the most of my 7-8 days there?

Can anyone advise is it easy to take public transport or better to rent a car ? and how much for both modes.

Understood the hotel rate quoted usually are rack rates which can go much lower depending on season. How much would be the average 3-4 stars hotels around sanya or haikou around mid-june ?

thanks.

5 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 4:42 AM
    • weather in Hainan island

by blackler Online Now May 15, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me how bad the weather is likley to be in Hainan in last week of June. Would not be my favourite time to travel but we are coming to China for a wedding so don't have much choice. Is it worth risking it for three/fours days in Hainan (are we likely to get any good weather at all?) or would it be more sensible to go somewhere else (thinking of Guilin/Yangshou). Do not want to be stuck on beach in rain with nothing to do!

Thanks

Thea

2 Answers May 20, 2007 at 8:49 PM
    • myspices's Profile Photo

Zhuhai to Haikou

by myspices Online Now Feb 27, 2007 at 3:01 AM

Dear fellow VTers,
      I will be making my way from Zhuhai (crossing over from Macau) to Haikou via the long distance bus (understand it's 19hours). Would appreciate if you can assist/advise on the following :
      1) The bus schedule from Zhuhai to Haikou
      2) The bus fare from Zhuhai to Haikou
      3) Do we need to take the ferry, crossing over to Haikou or the long distance bus will cross a bridge over to Haikou.
      4) I intend to visit Sanya/Haikou/Xinglong/Wenchang/Xincun/Tongzha/Nanshan. Is there any of the places mentioned that i should give it a miss or is there any other places of interests that i should go to?
      5) Any suggestion on how my routes should be?

Thanks.
      ..feejin

1 Answer Feb 27, 2007 at 9:51 AM
    • Travel distance & Time from Haikou to Sanya

by sylkroad Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 7:52 PM

What is the distance between Haikou & Sanya? How long is the bus journey between these 2 places? Is there a published bus schedule?

4 Answers Jan 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM
    • Your advise please

by samtan1 Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 7:10 PM

Hi,

We'll be travelling to Hainan dao in early September.

We'll be interested to visit Nan Hai Kwan In.

Could some kind soul advise the openning hours, and the charges to visit
      this place.

Are there any packaged tour to this place, and what's the charges?

Thank you for your advise.

Kind Regards,

2 Answers Aug 15, 2006 at 12:27 AM
    • Durfun's Profile Photo

Accommodation/sites/shopping in Hainan Dao please

by Durfun Online Now Nov 28, 2005 at 4:45 AM

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone has tips on a YMCA/youth hostel/economical lodging in Hainan Dao please?

Also, is there a Hare Krishna temple in the region?

Any must-go tourist attractions, night-spots, shopping malls, etc worth recommending?

Which is the best place for authentic souvenirs shopping, and quality electronic equipment?

Your help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Darshan

1 Answer Nov 28, 2005 at 6:03 AM
    • Anyone been?

by The_Global_Penguins Online Now Nov 18, 2003 at 5:58 PM

My girlfriend and I plan to go from Beixai to Haikou by boat (Hainan) and spend a week on the island. Is it definitely worth going to? And can you suggest some cheap (but preferably nice) places to stay? Also do you know how long the crossing takes and what the accomodation aboard the ship is like? Thanks in advance Dan

5 Answers Nov 24, 2003 at 3:36 PM