Hailuoto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to Kilpisjärvi

Kilpisjärvi Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Does anybody know what the roads from Tromso to Kilpisjärvi are like to drive on in March? Thanks :)

more
    • Train Travel centre

Varkaus Apr 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I booked a ticket in Vr.fi to travel. But i do not know where is the terminal to get into the train.

more
    • Airport Transfer

Helsinki Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Could you assist in best transfer from Airport, to Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel,Ruoholahdenranta 3, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00180 Helsinki

more
    • 10 days in Finland by car

Finland Apr 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hello!

we're 4 adults comming to Finland on 30.5-9.6 (10 nights).

day 1: we are landing at the Vantaa airport at 13:00 pm and renting a car for all days trip.
      after taking the car we'r driving to Lappeenranta and going to stay there for 1 night.

day 2: road trip to Koli national park. and spending the night at Kajaani.

day 3-4: driving to Rovaniemi and stay for 2 days

day 5: driving to Tampere for one night

day 6-10: Espoo- we booked 3 night at Scandic Hotel. at day 6 we're going to Kivenlahti Rock Festivaali. we can drive from Espoo to Turku by car and also visit in Helsinki.

can you please tell me if the planned trip is ok? there is more places we should visit? we can change the trip destinations except days 6-10 (we have already booked hotel and bought tickets to the festival).
      it would be great if you can recommend for places to visit at the cities we're going to visit (sights, nightlife, resturants, cheap hotels, and more...)

thank you!!

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Wellington Boots and Snow and Ice

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi, are Wellington boots sensible footwear during December/January in Rovaniemi. they are obviously waterproof but will they be warm enough (with socks and the like of course). I suspect they would be slippery on snow, would that be correct? Or should I look at other waterproof footwear - We are coming from Australia and I have never had to consider this in the past - Thanks and Regards -- Malcolm

more
    • Best time to Visit

Rovaniemi Apr 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      We are from Malaysia (tropical weather all year round) and planning to visit Scandinavia this year.
      My kids are big fans of Santa Claus and they have seen the photos of Rovaniemi and they want to visit Rovaniemi for sure.
      May I know what is the best time to visit Rovaniemi that we get to see snow and Santa Claus?
      Considering we are from Tropical countries, is it tough to adapt to the cold weather there?
      What's the best mode of transportation?
      When it snows, is it still possible to travel by flight?
      Hope to get your reply as we need to start planning our vacation soon!

Many thanks!

more
    • train travel

Helsinki Apr 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Is it safe to travel from helsinki to Kuopio by train late at night

more
    • Travel from turku

Varkaus Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I need to travel from Turku to Varkaus on 20-04-2014 morning.. could you please suggest me the fastest way and cheapest commuter (bus/train)

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Driving in Rovaniemi in Winter

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are an Australian family of 8 spending a white Xmas in Rovaniemi from 20/12/14 to 27/12/14. Considering hiring cars as we have booked accommodation at Muurola. Given the time of the year, can you still drive around or is the area snowbound. do you need chains. is hiring cars possible/sensible? - regards Malcolm

more
    • heading to helsinki next week

Finland Apr 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM

hi. i m heading to finland for 12 days next week. fly in/out via helsinki. haven't got any plan yet. not even a hotel room is booked! i m thinking to head all the way north w/ small stops in between. any suggestion? thanks!

more