Travel Answers
Haikou

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Does Zhejiang Loong Airlines have its own Inflight Magazine?

Hangzhou Feb 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Has anyone flown with Zhejiang Loong Airlines also known as Loongair? If yes, does this airline have its own Inflight Magazine?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Does Donghai Airlines have Donghai Airlines Inflight Magazine?

Shenzhen Feb 19, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Has anyone flown with Donghai Airlines? Does this airline have its own logo name Inflight Magazine?

more
    • Xiamen's Local Culture Dance and Entertainment Shows

Xiamen Feb 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Are there any local dance/entertainment shows worth seeing in Xiamen?

thank you!

more
    • Wang Cong'er

Wuhan Feb 13, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Does anyone know the name of the specific mountain or mountain range that the White Lotus sect leader, Wang Cong'er, jumped from in 1798 instead of surrendering? Some sources say it's Moshan Hill. Is this true and if so does anyone know of the specific area? I'm very interested in this historic event and would love to visit the location. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Can I arrange a guide when I arrive in Huangshan and how much per day?

Huangshan Feb 11, 2015 at 9:16 AM

I will be travelling to huangshan in November this year and wondered how I can arrange a tour guide (I don't mind joining in with a small group tour) after I arrive and for how much?

more
    • Tianjin cruise port

Beijing Shi Feb 9, 2015 at 6:17 AM

What is the best way and price to get from downtown Beijing to Tianjin Port

more
    • dplesko's Profile Photo

Beijing, Xian, Shanghai tour

China Feb 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Please recommend CH agency for Beijing, Xian, Shanghai tour ca. 8 days for family (2a + 2k). I made one in India with local company and it was great organized so looking for something similar. I'm planing trip this summer starting from Beijing or Shanghai. Travel may be flight or train. Thanks.

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul ferry

Shanghai Feb 8, 2015 at 6:08 AM

According to Google, there are ferries from Qingdao to Seoul. My question is whats the easiest and the cheapest way to go all the way from Shanghai to Seoul by ferry.

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

LOCAL MOBILE PHONE/CELL PHONE

Shanghai Yesterday

We will be in China for a month and we wish to have a local mobile phone/cell phone. Where can we purchase a local mobile phone ,"PAY AS YOU USE"? About how much will it costs? How does it work for a temporary mobile phone?

more
    • SurinderKakar's Profile Photo

Which clothes should i carry as i am going to stay in Kunming from March to July ?

Kunming Feb 18, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Hello , I'm packing for kunming but i cant figure out exactly which all clothes should i carry to kunming for march to july month . Plz anyone suggest me here or to my email : surinderoppk@gmail.com

more
    • mumbaihost's Profile Photo

Visiting Shanghai

Shanghai Feb 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hello Friends,
      I will be visiting Shanghai to attend Exhibition in April 1st week.
      I would like to know which is best place to stay in main Shanghai city?
      Can any female member be guide & show me the city?
      Cya,
      Pankaj

more

AccoMMODATION:

Shanghai Feb 23, 2015 at 8:47 AM

I am a senior citizen & will be traveling alone to Shanghai. I will be arriving late afternoon. can anyone suggest a safe, clean, budget accommodation but please centrally located accommodation in Shanghai. Also, directions using the public transportation from the International Airport to the accommodation. Many thanks to my VT'ers friends!

more

SHANGHAI VISIT

Shanghai Feb 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I will be arriving in Shanghai by myself in Shanghai end of March. 1). can you recommend a hostal located centrally that approximately cost between $25.00 - $30.00. 2). This is my first time to travel by myself , would it be easy taking the public transportation to my accommdation? any helpful traveling tips specially for a first timer would be greatly appreciated! many thanks to all.

more
    • Visa / Dual Citizenship

China Feb 5, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Scenario: 2 passports. Passport 1 is for birth country and passport 2 is not. Birth country doesn't allow dual citizenship. If for example you have a visa for country A in passport 2 (departing from birth country) and like to travel to country A, how would you proceed? Possible solution is to go to the embassy (in birth country) and reapply for a new visa on passport 1 but wouldn't they question why you're doing that since the other one is still valid for quite some time? They will obviously see that you also have a citizenship not belonging to the country you're in so would they report it?

The other option is to fly to another country and then connect to end destination through there since other country doesn't care about your citizenship as long you're legally allowed to enter but that could get costly.

What do you think?

more
    • limledi's Profile Photo

Guide with Van

by limledi Online Now Jan 5, 2015 at 2:23 AM

Hi. Anyone can recommend a good reliable English speaking guide or driver with van? We're 11 pax all adults. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 10:54 PM
    • Location Sheraton hotel

by odulatir Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Later thisc year we are planning our holiday in Haikou and the Sheraton hotel seems an attractice location.
      However we would like to know if the hotel is located rather isolated.
      Is it within walking distance from shops/restaurants so it is possible to go to local restaurants as we do not want to eat every evening in the hotel.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    • Haikou bars & clubs

by Scorpik13 Online Now Oct 23, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Hi!
      This summer my friends & I decided to go to China. We are going to stay in Haikou for a few days.
      Can you recommend us some free entry clubs or bars with not many foreigners. Are there any streets with more than 2 clubs?

Moreover,I`dlike to ask how can we get to Haikou from Guangzhou?

谢谢 ^___^

2 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

What to wear during late March trip to Shijiazhuang via Sanya from Haikou

by Chyan Online Now Feb 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Dear Haikou VT,

i am embarking on a late March city-hopping trip (25 March to 26 March) to Shijiazhuang, south of Beijing, from Haikou via Sanya. May i know what to wear in Shijiazhuang and Sanya and how much it costs to travel from Haifu Road, Haikou to Haikou East Railway Station for the bullet train ride to Sanya?

Is it Spring season in the south of Beijing now as there is no snow there at this time of the year?

Chyan

• haikou muslim/halal restaurants

by wanjini Online Now Feb 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM

hi..could somebody let me know or name halal/muslim restaurants nearby or within walking distance from haikou hotel...thank you

1 Answer Feb 7, 2009 at 12:26 AM
    • hainan tour

by wanjini Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I and my wife will visit hainan soon and would like to know how much it would cost for a 4 day 3 nights tour from haikou up to sanya on a budget scale and I have heard about the china travel service [cts] do the charge reasonably and where does the office located...thank you

• Piecesmalaysia's Profile Photo

Any place of visit to recommend?

by Piecesmalaysia Online Now Dec 10, 2008 at 10:51 PM

My family and I, 8 person in total will be visiting Hainan Sheng between 29/12/08 to 2/1/09. We will be visiting Haikou, Sanya, and Xinglong. Any places of visit to recommend?
      And what's the weather there during this time? Will it go down to 10 deg celsius?
      And also any nice must try food that we must not missed out there?
      How about shopping? Any cheap places here to shop for clothings?
      Thanks

Spicy

1 Answer Dec 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    • Best Time to Visit Haikou (Nov - Mar)?

by leonghyi Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 7:02 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning for a short trip to Hainan, which will be a good month to visit to avoid rainfall and cold weather.

HY

2 Answers Aug 4, 2008 at 9:25 PM
    • ajb1207's Profile Photo

Recommended Haikou restaurants

by ajb1207 Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Hi I am visiting Haikou next month with my family. Can anybody recommend any good bars and restaurants in downtown Haikou?

3 Answers Jan 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM
    • Hotels

by cmy Online Now May 22, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Hi,

I am going to Haikou on 28th Sep and be there for 2 nights. Any good hotels to recommend?

• Airport facilities

by qljune Online Now Mar 17, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Hi,
      is there a place for me to deposit my luggage for about 3-5days at the Meilan airport? If so, how what is the prices like?

1 Answer May 19, 2007 at 3:30 AM
    • noble yacht club

by musaphir Online Now Oct 5, 2006 at 12:03 AM

please give us views of this hotel if you have used it or are failiar with it.
      musaphir

1 Answer Oct 9, 2006 at 8:45 PM
    • airport to noble yacht club transfer

by musaphir Online Now Oct 4, 2006 at 3:44 AM

hi
      can anyone familiar with haikou please guide us about the best means of transfer from the haikou airport to the noble yacht club hotel, haikou. an indiction of the transfer time and the approximate cost will be helpful.
      what would be the likely activities to undertake for about five days. we are not so much into sun n sand but love to explore the culture and history of our destination.
      musaphir

2 Answers Oct 11, 2006 at 7:29 AM
    • Travel from Hawaii and/or Beijing to Haikou

by lewwhitney Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 3:49 PM

What is the best way to travel from Hawaii and Beijing, China to Haikou. What airlines have the best deals from what airports while traveling to Haikou from Hawaii and Beijing. How is the weather in September of this year?

Aloha and Peace

Lew
      www.kokolulu.com

3 Answers Jul 20, 2006 at 12:18 PM
    • Hainan car hire

by ajbell Online Now May 9, 2006 at 12:50 PM

Hi, Im hoping to visit Hainan next summer 2007. I plan to stay at the Crowne Plaza Spa at Haikou. Can anybody advise me on local attractions,weather and car hire. How far is it to Sanya from Haikou.

Thanks and look forward to visiting the Island

2 Answers May 14, 2006 at 8:38 PM
    • Does Qionghai still have great nightlife?

by garlicandbasil Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 11:33 AM

I was in Hainan in 1999 and the 'scene' was very busy, somewhat like Pattaya in Thailand. Is it still active?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2005 at 7:39 AM