Haifa District

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• clarissa.tamam@gmail.com

Nahariyya Jun 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I used to live in Nahariyya from 1959 to 1965 in shikun amidat back then it was Shvil haziporen near by there was a beautiful park with grass trees it was magic is it still there I would like to come and visi

more
    • clarissa.tamam@gmail.com

Nahariyya Jun 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I used to live in Nahariyya from 1959 to 1965 in shikun amidat back then it was Shvil haziporen near by there was a beautiful park with grass trees it was magic is it still there I would like to come and visi

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • Shish kebab in Haifa

Haifa May 2, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Which restaurant in Haifa serves a good shish kebab?

• FannyH's Profile Photo

wedding church

Kafr Kanna Mar 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Hi, muy boyfriend And me want todo go there todo get marry ,And we dont know what need ,is ir free,need documentos of tour church ,please de need information

5 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • Massage and Spa services in Haifa

Haifa Feb 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Hey there, does anyone know what are some good SPA salons in Haifa that provide massage and body wraps or manis/pedis and massage services? I want to buy gift certificate for my relatives there but not sure where to find recommendations for affordable and nice places.

Thanks in advance.

B

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • MaiereanAngy's Profile Photo

plz help me

Akko Nov 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM

hello , sorry for bothering , i am gonna arrive to Israel- Ben Gurion in 11.dec.2013 and i will take a train to akko and from akko i wanna arrive to the border of jordan , is it possible by a taxi ?? and how much it cost ?? and please if anyone can post a number for a taxi or a taxi's company there in Akko :) thanks alot

2 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    • mrichter's Profile Photo

Can anyone recomend a car service to go from Haifa to Jerusalem and back?

Haifa Nov 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I will be in Haifa, Isreal for 2 days.  I would like to hire a car and driver to take me and 4 others from Haifa to Jerusalem and back for the day.  Can anyone recommend a company or person to do this?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    • Tel Hazor museum

Tel Hazor Oct 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Any details as to why the museum at Ayelet Haschachar closed?

1 Answer Oct 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    • Tel Yizre'el path

Tel Yizre`el Oct 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Is the path from Tel Yizre'el down to Ein Yizre'el dry and brown right now, or has there been enough rain there yet to turn it green, and are there any flowers there right now?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    • 3 Hour tour of Haifa guide

Haifa Oct 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM

We are looking for a tour guide for the 1st Nov for 4 persons. We are on a cruise, and need the tour from 8am to 11am, as the ship leaves at 1pm.
      We are staying overnight at the Gernman colony, so pick up will be at the hotel there and drop off at the ship
      Thanks
      Kris

2 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

public transport to Rosh Hanikra

Haifa District Sep 12, 2013 at 5:24 AM

how can we reach Rosh Ha-nikra limestone caves from Haifa with public transport?

is there any direct bus?

or we have to change at Nahariya?

17 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

what to do in Haifa

Haifa Sep 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I try to make an itinerary for Haifa, we'll be there in the morning probably by bus but in which order should we see things?
      is there a specific bus stop to be near the must see attractions?
      going through VT pages it seems we have to start with Bahai Gardens, but as there are 3 different levels what should we do to save some energy and be near other attractions?

other attractions on our list are:
      Carmelite monastery of Stella Maris, how can we go there?
      Germany Colony
      any spot with panoramic view?

finally, will we have time for a sidetrip to Acre (Akko) or should we leave this for another day?

5 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    • The International Center of Mary in Nazareth

Nazareth Jul 22, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Why there is not information about this Beautifull Center in your page.
      The International Center Mary of Nazareth is an attractive oasis of beauty and quiet in the middle of a bustling city
      Some of the features I like most are: the remains of a first-century house near the entrance, the chapel, and the rooftop gardens with spectacular views over the city.
      The center exists to promote a particular (RC) view of Mary, the mother of Jesus. A well-produced multimedia show in four successive theatres presents the biblical and non-biblical traditions relating to Mary.
      For most visitors, a visit to Nazareth includes little more than the Basilica of the Annunciation and a trip to Mt Precipice. Even the Greek Orthodox Church with its ancient well is often omitted.
      The people were wonderful and so giving and generous with their explanations and time. The multi media show is interesting although we are not believers.The building is lovely - dont miss the little capel on the top floor next to the beautifull garden with an amaizing view.

3 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • photogal's Profile Photo

Great things to visit

Haifa Mar 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM

What are the best sites to visit in this area, and is it worth five hours on a bus to visit Jerusalem for the day?

7 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • Port of Haifa

Haifa Sep 24, 2012 at 9:06 AM

when arriving by cruise ship, where can you meet someone who is picking you up

2 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    • marilyn71's Profile Photo

Tour Plan Israel

Haifa Aug 11, 2012 at 7:20 AM

My husband and I will be in Haifa on Nov. 15, 2012 arriving on a cruise ship. We'll be there for around 12 hrs so we need to maximize our time while there, we will be in Ashdod the next day and will be joining a group from our cruise on a tour to Jerusalem/Dead Sea with Group Tours Israel (GTI). They set a tour for Haifa but we just didnt love it so looked for something different.
      I found a tour through TourPlanIsrael thar sounds great. Goes to Caesarea, Acre and some other stuff, it sounds great. The problem is I cant find any reviews or info on them, is there anyone who has used them or that lives there that could let me know if i can trust them?
      The reason I'm worried is we were on a cruise in 2009 that went to Alexandria, Egypt. Same situation, we only had fom 7 am til 10 pm. Weeks in advance i set up a tour with Best way travel, got confirmation, all was good. We stopped in rhodes a couple of days before, i checked my email at an internet cafe and they said they needed confirmation, i said yes u have to pick us up, i checked from turkey next day no response. Of course they didnt show up to port, had to hire taxi, just spoiled the day. This is main reason were going back, we stop in port said and alexandria the next two days, have an overnight tourthrough ramses. When i contacted them after we got home, she said they require a confirmation before tour, i told her i was in middle of ocean couldnt read mails, i did reply from 3different ports and i had a confirmation email/number.
      I' m sorry this is so long but I just wanted yall to see why its important for me to have some type of review. I know its not fool proof but at least its something. Thanks, Marilyn

3 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    • jewelry shop for souvenirs?

Akko Aug 2, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I recently visited Akko via tour bus. We parked near the museum entrance and visited a souvenir shop where a craftsman demonstrated how quickly he could craft a copper bracelet. They sell souvenirs and jewelry, key chains, and small trinkets. It is not a spice shop, nor do I recall seeing any type of food for sale there.
      Can someone please provide the name of this shop, or a url link? Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

haifa to Zichron Yaakov

Haifa Jul 24, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Hi

whats the best way to get from Haifa to Zichron Yaakov (wine Street)
      Apart from wine street, what else is there to do?
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Sep 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Haifa from MSC cruise ship for 30 hours

Haifa Jul 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Hi All
      We are coming to Haifa on a cruise ship and will have one and half days to stay there. Its Sunday 6th August to Monday around 12.30.
      I would like someone to plan my whole time there and very local places to visit. In evening I would like to go to bar/s pub/s and maybe an Indian restaurant.I prefer local transport as I am well travelled. Is there any international shows in town at that time? All suggestions will be appreciated and I look forward to your replies and as always thanks in advance.
      Bal

10 Answers Jul 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    • Marilynwags's Profile Photo

Help! Only day in Israel is a Saturday!

Haifa Jul 1, 2012 at 3:01 AM

We are coming in on a cruise on a Saturday. We will be there all day and leave the next day mid-day. We have four adults and three small children (ages 1-5) and would like to do a self-guided tour of as much of Israel as possible, most likely staying overnight Saturday night. All the rental car
      companies seem to be closed on Saturday (Sabbath) an almost all the tours are booked. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!!!

4 Answers Jul 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    • trip to gan slosha

Gan HaShelosha Mar 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM

we will be having a trip to gan slosha and its my firstime to handle a trip.i would like to ask.if how much is the entrance of each person? is there any discount for the child? or is there any discount if for example 50 heads?

3 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    • Haifa Openbaar vervoer

Haifa Feb 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Wij zijn binnenkort twee dagen in Haifa.
      Kan iemand aangeven welke bussen vanuit de haven naar de diverse bezienswaardigheden en winkelcentra in Haifa gaan of is het verstandiger per taxi te gaan.
      Wij zouden willen zien; de grot van Elia, de graftombe van Bab, het karmalietenklooster Stella Maris, de Souk in Wadi Nismas, maar ook het Atlit Camp.
      Ook zou ik willen weten welk winkelcentrum echt de moeite waard is omdat het zo bijzonder is.
      Als laatste zou ik willen weten op welke manier wij van de haven naar de Druzendorpen Usfiyah en Daliat el Karmel kunnen komen.

2 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    • Sharing a Tour in Haifa

Haifa District Jan 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM

We are on the MSC Magnifica heading into Haifa on March 10 leaving March 11. Is anyone interested in sharing a private tour with us? There are 2 of us... First time to Isreal for us.

8 Answers Jan 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    • Haifa to Jerusalem by Bus

Haifa Dec 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM

My wife and I stop in Haifa over night on a cruise (MSC Magnifica). We are scheduled to get there at 1400 on Feb 21 and leave at 2000 on Feb 22. Since the excursions offered by the cruise did not allow much time in Jerusalem (5 hours), we have decided to get there on our own, spend the night, and then return to the ship the next day. After having considered traveling to Jerusalem by several methods (car rental, train, bus), we have determined that the bus is likely our best option. We THINK we have found the bus route we need to take, but we are having a difficult time finding some more information about the journey:

1) What is the best bus stop to use from the Haifa port? The Egged website has a stop called "Ha-Ir ha-Takhtit, Port." Is this the bus stop nearest to where we will emerge from the port? How do we find the stop?

2) We have attempted to find information about the reliability of the Egged bus schedule, but have had no success. As you can imagine, we will need to be certain to plan sufficient time on our return journey to ensure that our cruise ship does not leave without us. The bus schedule allows us to leave Jerusalem at 1630 and arrive in Haifa at 1845. Since our return trip will be during the evening rush hour, this itinerary leaves us a cushion of 1 hour 45 minutes for the bus to get through any delays that might be encountered. Is this reasonable? Are the buses usually relatively true to the schedule?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can lend!

16 Answers Feb 8, 2012 at 4:40 AM
    • paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

hi on a cruise docking in haifa 7th november

Haifa Oct 23, 2011 at 3:19 AM

hi can i walk to many things from the port of haifa[not easy with m,s lol]and anyone there like to meet up? also in ashod the day before

4 Answers Oct 24, 2011 at 4:03 AM
    • Rafim's Profile Photo

Getting to Megiddo

Megiddo Oct 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Can you get there by public transport and walking - it looks quite far out??

2 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    • haifa info

Haifa Oct 7, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I want to visit the Baha'i Gardens when my cruise ship docks for the day. In what currency will I pay the taxi driver and the entrance fee?
      Thanks for your help.

6 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 5:04 AM
    • Driving to Afula

`Afula Apr 17, 2011 at 5:17 AM

Shalom. How do I get from Haifa to Afula by car?

2 Answers Apr 24, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

To Caesarea Maritima (Old Caesarea) from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv?

Caesarea Mar 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Is it easy and cheap to travel by public transport to Caesarea Maritima (Old Caesarea) from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv?

12 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    • getting around

Rosh Pinna Nov 21, 2010 at 7:58 PM

did you drive yourself in this area and how difficult is it to get around the north ?

4 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    • tour guide

Haifa District Nov 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM

we are going to visit jerusalem and would like to go up north for 4 or 5 days anyone know a reasonable guide or one that lives up there?

1 Answer Nov 16, 2010 at 6:48 PM