Haifa Travel Answers

change location
marilyn71's Profile Photo

Tour Plan Israel

by marilyn71 Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 7:20 AM

My husband and I will be in Haifa on Nov. 15, 2012 arriving on a cruise ship. We'll be there for around 12 hrs so we need to maximize our time while there, we will be in Ashdod the next day and will be joining a group from our cruise on a tour to Jerusalem/Dead Sea with Group Tours Israel (GTI). They set a tour for Haifa but we just didnt love it so looked for something different.
I found a tour through TourPlanIsrael thar sounds great. Goes to Caesarea, Acre and some other stuff, it sounds great. The problem is I cant find any reviews or info on them, is there anyone who has used them or that lives there that could let me know if i can trust them?
The reason I'm worried is we were on a cruise in 2009 that went to Alexandria, Egypt. Same situation, we only had fom 7 am til 10 pm. Weeks in advance i set up a tour with Best way travel, got confirmation, all was good. We stopped in rhodes a couple of days before, i checked my email at an internet cafe and they said they needed confirmation, i said yes u have to pick us up, i checked from turkey next day no response. Of course they didnt show up to port, had to hire taxi, just spoiled the day. This is main reason were going back, we stop in port said and alexandria the next two days, have an overnight tourthrough ramses. When i contacted them after we got home, she said they require a confirmation before tour, i told her i was in middle of ocean couldnt read mails, i did reply from 3different ports and i had a confirmation email/number.
I' m sorry this is so long but I just wanted yall to see why its important for me to have some type of review. I know its not fool proof but at least its something. Thanks, Marilyn

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Tour Plan Israel

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Be aware that the next day - Friday 16 - the Sabbath starts at 3PM. That means shops closes and no public transportation.

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ruhi's Profile Photo

by Ruhi Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Best advice i can give is stay in Haifa. Its a gorgeous city, theres enough to do and see for the few hours you have, so why spend those hours by travelling elsewhere when what you have in Haifa should be enough? There are a few Haifa reviews, read em, check em out, and you might change your mind. There is so much beauty there in Haifa...I was there in 2010 for 3 days but would love to do it again! Consider changing your plans and sticking to Haifa...i doubt you will regret it!

• marilyn71's Profile Photo

by marilyn71 Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 9:32 PM

The places we visit r pretty close to haifa, acre about 20min. We definitely plan on spending a little time in Haifa, ive read alot about it and cant wait to get there. Thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines