Haifa Travel Answers

change location
RonPrice's Profile Photo

How Many Visitors were there in 2009 to the Baha'i Hanging Gardens?

by RonPrice Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 4:17 AM

My question is: "How Many Visitors were there in 2009 to the Baha'i Hanging Gardens in Haifa?" The Arc Project was officially completed in September 2001. The Terraces from the top to the bottomof Mt.Carmel have now been completed andopen to the public for nearly nine years. Is there any chance of these beautiful gardens having problems obtaining a supply of water in such a dry land?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: How Many Visitors were there in 2009 to the Baha'i Hanging Gardens?

by goodfish Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I'm not quite sure what your question is:

How Many Visitors were there in 2009 ?
    I would contact the garden's visitor center for that

Is there any chance of these beautiful gardens having problems obtaining a supply of water?
    A google on the gardens will bring up information on the sophisticated and efficient irrigation system during the summer months.

As I see you've lived in Israel and are a member of the Bahai faith, I might also assume you've spent time in Haifa so are very familiar with this most important shrine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Correction: I see you've VISITED Israel, not lived there. My mistake.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

VT is a site where ordinary traveller sahre advice, experiences and information.

I doubt anyone will be able to answer your question about visitor numbers.........so contact the gardens themselves, as suggested. here's their website:

http://www.ganbahai.org.il/en/

'Contact us' is at the bottom of the page.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrac...

tells you how they are watered.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

by Martin_S. Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 3:54 AM

Shalom, Shalom: For us here in Israel the question about the water supply is very much in the forefront. The last few years we have had little rainfall and water supply has been cut. A law was initiated that forbade watering private gardens and adding a very large tax on extra water usage. This in effect caused me to dry up a large part of my garden at home (of course it is preferable to have water to drink) because I could not afford the water.
    I often wonder if places that use excessive amounts of water should be closed down, giving us the water we need to drink and raise crops. Also the industries that use large amounts of water should have restrictions put on their demands, or at least "encourage" them to conserve water by installing ways and means that use less water. Recycling "grey" water for use with non consumable crops (like cotton) and gardens should also be encouraged.
    As for the Bahai Gardens themselves, they are beautiful today, but I more enjoyed the old gardens, they were less formal, but more friendly and it was possible to visit without a guide pushing you to go faster so they could get you through and then take more people.
    Martin

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines