Haifa Travel Answers

change location

Louis Promenade

by ronaldcrittall Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I was very touched when I realized that May and Paul Goldschmidt did this in memory of their son. It is garland on the brow of Carmel, is there anyway that the cleanup and maintenance could be done more regularly. It seems such a shame that people abuse this beautiful space. Is there anywhere that I could find out more about Louis Ariel their son? I know there is also a zoo named in his honour I will definitely see it on my next visit to your beautiful friendly city, a Jewel at the eastern terminus of the Mediterranean.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Louis Promenade

by leics Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I found this:

>The Haifa Educational Zoo, named after the late Louie Ariel Goldschmidt, was founded in 1949 by the late educator and agronomist Pinchas Cohen, the first teacher of environmental studies in Haifa and one of the founders of the Hebrew Reali School and "Messhotetim" Scouts' tribe.

tour-haifa.co.il/eng/modules...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gilabrand's Profile Photo

Re: Louis Promenade

by gilabrand Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Yes, the promenade in memory of Louis Ariel Goldschmidt is a very lovely place. All I know about him is that he died young. I have a tip about it on my Haifa page. I suggest you write to the mayor of Haifa/municipality about the lack of sanitation services. I don't know how much it will help, but it's worth a try. Go into the Haifa Muncipality website.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines