Haifa Travel Answers

change location

I need your help...

by anagalvez Online Now Feb 6, 2006 at 8:57 PM

Hi guys,

I got a job offer to work with a NGO in Haifa, and I would like to know how much you need to live over there.

My job will provide me with accommodation (all expenses paid), health cover and around US$ 400 just for my own expenditure.

Do you think that its enough?

Please feel free to send me any comment. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks a lot!

Ana L.Galvez
alc_galvez@yahoo.com.au

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • g.l.s.h's Profile Photo

RE: I need your help...

by g.l.s.h Online Now Feb 7, 2006 at 5:33 AM

I dont know what NGO is...

However: If all your expences are fully covered excluding food, transportation ext. it could be said thats it is much like most students here have, might be even slightly more in case they dont get anything from their family.

bottom line: you could live a rather comfertable life with no luxury (going out, little shopping, movies: yes. Vacations in Eilat or the Dead Sea hotels: most likely no).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: I need your help...

by ofanan Online Now Feb 8, 2006 at 11:33 PM

I agree. I live in Haifa and waste about 400$ per month (excluding hiring appartment).
    By eating in cheap students' / workers' cafeterias, going to movies in the Cinematheque (where you subscribe for all-year-free visiting for ~70$) and so on, you can live fine and go out frequently.
    I guess that if you work for an NGO it has good goals, so - bless you.
    I wish you enjoy in Haifa (and am sure you will),
    Ofanan

• HJIL's Profile Photo

RE: RE: I need your help...

by HJIL Online Now Mar 17, 2006 at 3:27 AM

If it didn't include accomodation it would be a terrible salary, but since it includes, I guess its ok, but you will be living like a student, as someone else said, so it depends if that lifestyle is ok with you. Make sure you also check if the accomodation is in a shared apartment, dorms, or what. It also depends if you have to pay for your own transportation and food, and how far the accomodations are from their offices.

• Good advice

by LenaSki Online Now May 28, 2006 at 3:25 AM

Hey, I actally already am living in Jerusalem and working for an NGO. I get paid exactly357 a months, but I get accommodation, health coverage, and 1 meal a day during the week.

I find if you keep track of your cash, I can do a whole lot. I see a movie about 1, 2 times a month (when I have time) eat out about 1 or 2 times a week, and shop at cheaper stores for the rest of my food. If I save for a while and am careful, I can do things like the Dead Sea, Masada, Galilee, and soon will be going to Jordan... all on what I am making here.

My boyfriend came with me, he doesn't do as much but it focusing more on saving... he's already saved ALOT since he's been here, on the same amount of money.

I'd be able to help you out with anything else, shoot me an email.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines