Hai Long

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jewellery shop

Tinh Ba Ria-Vung Tau Aug 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Hi needed some help in buying jewellery in vung tau, please suggest some trust worthy place

more
    • EdwardJohnAllen's Profile Photo

Interesting places for Street Photography in Buon Ma Thuot

Buon Ma Thuot Jul 30, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi
      I'm a street photographer, and will be in Buon Ma Thuot doing voluntary work for a couple of weeks soon. Do you have any recommendations for places to go & see that have a good mix of activity and "back drop" please?

thanks in advance.

more
    • Quang Tri photos

Tinh Quang Tri Jul 23, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Does anyone have some photos of the town of Quang Tri as it is today?

more
    • What is the most realistic trip

Hanoi Jul 31, 2014 at 12:06 AM

i'm fouding a good trip with real hanoi life.

more
    • Finding a specific restaurant

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hi, Last time I was in HCM (October 2013) we ate at a restaurant that I cannot remember it's name. There was an article on it in the Vietnamese Airlines inflight magazine which is why we dined there. On my iphone photos that I took at the time, the location is Ho Chi Minh - Purong 9, Durong Ho Van Hue. Would you have any idea the name of the restaurant as we are returning to HCM and would love to dine there again?
      Thanks, Janice

more
    • Where can I buy motorized electric curtain in Vietnam?

Vietnam Jul 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Where can I buy motorized electric curtain in Vietnam?
      I don't know vietnamese, don't know how to find out it.

more
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Needed Time for Change Flight at HCMC Airport

Vietnam Aug 10, 2014 at 12:44 PM

My international flight is scheduled to land at 9.30 a.m. There is a flight to Phu Quoc at 11.20 a.m. Should I go for that one or the next at 3.55 p.m.? I do not want to spend six hours at the airport if I most likely will catch the first one.

Another solution is to be crazy and buy tickets for both planes as the tickets are only about $25 each, but I am not sure if I am that crazy...

Thanks

more
    • Hoi an safety ?

Hoi An Yesterday

Planning to visit Hoi an in Oct 2014. Is it safe to go in view of the trouble ?
      Are there any mud crabs or nice seafoods ?
      Any recommendations of seafoods restaurant ?

more
    • Current, accurate info re: visa costs and complexities?

Vietnam Aug 8, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I am hoping to retire to Vietnam and am trying to get accurate, current info about visa costs and complexities. I emailed a British expat in Hoi An, and she replied below. I am soliciting your second opinion. Is her information accurate & current? Thank you in advance for your help (no off-the-cuff unsupported opinions please)--EN Jones 

“Before leaving U.S. you need to get a B3 visa if you want to rent accommodation ($95.00 for a single entry visa, multiple entry is more expensive). Two weeks before this original visa expires, apply for a 90-day B3 extension at local tourist center the price of this varies. The first renewal (single entry, 3 month B3) is $80. This can be repeated two more times. The second renewal (3 month, single entry B3) is $100, and the third renewal is $130. This totals $405.00 and 360 days (or nearly one year). 

After that, you need to leave VN every 90 days, but land border crossings are no longer a cheap option. It now takes several days for your new visa to be issued, so you have the added expense of accommodation in Phnom Penh while you await your new VN visa. Also, visas issued in Cambodia are considered a grey area, so you pay a premium rate for your next renewal: $170 for the first and up to $200 for the second. Sometimes a third renewal on this visa is impossible, so you have to leave VN again. This totals $370.00 and 180 days (6 mos). 

The best way is to leave VN (by whatever means) and fly back into Saigon (must be Saigon for cheaper and less complicated renewals) having applied in advance for a 3- mo B3 upon arrival. 

The buses are too dangerous! It's not just a trip to the border--you need to add a further 12 hours onto the journey to get to one of the two towns in Laos or Cambodia that can arrange your visa and you will have to wait several days for your visa to be issued. 
 Most longterm expats are either married to a Vietnamese, work for a VN company (employer issues residence visa) or are partners in a VN company (very complicated process which comes at a great risk, but will get you a residence card).”

My questions: (1) She seems to be using the terms “extension” and “renewal” interchangeably, but they don’t mean the same thing; you can get an extension w/o crossing the border, but must buy a new visa each time you cross, (2) Per her info, did the 8 crossing checkpoints at Cambodian border and 6 at Laos border just disappear? (3) I understood you could only leave and re-enter VN if you had a multiple-entry visa prior to leaving, true or not?

more
    • Is a cruise on Saigon river worth it.How safe is it in ho Chi Minh city?

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Is a cruise on Saigon river worth it?How safe is it?

more
    • Cat Ba in September - Any tips?

Cat Ba Aug 17, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Guys, a friend a I are planning to spend a week in Cat Ba the first week of September and from there explore Halong Bay and Lan Ha Bay. Do you think that a week is too much? Any recommendation on where to stay in Cat Ba? Ideally we would like to experience some nightlife as well (not clubs, but bars to know people).

Any help?

more
    • How do I go from Lao Cai to Sapa ?

Vietnam Aug 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Now very simple ! The town of Lao Cai has inaugurated a system of yellow and orange public buses Lao Cai-Sapa-Lao Cai, marked "Lao Cai-Sapa" and departing from/arriving on the Railway Station Square. 28 000 D. Schedule :

Lao Cai-Sapa : 5h10 5h50 6h45 and every hour from 8h30 to 17h30

Sapa-Lao Cai : 6h35 (very good to go to Bac Ha for the Sunday market 7h30 to 18h30 (NO 13h30 !) and 19h

more
    • Perkie40's Profile Photo

Looooong layover between flights

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 10, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Hey fellow travellers, I have a fairly long layover between a flight from London to Sydney. When I reach Ho Chi Min Airport, do I need to collect my luggage or will it go straight to a waiting area for the next leg of my journey? Unsure as never done this before!

more
    • Is this our best deal?

Vietnam Jul 22, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Our hotel suggests we take a 2 day 1 night cruise with Cristine Cruise at the price of $125/person or $250 for us as a couple. Here's the itinerary. BTW, we don't need the best gourmet meals or the most elegant cabin furnishings:

Day 1 : Ha Noi – Ha Long. 8:00AM Depart for Ha Long in 3.5 hours, you’ll have a short break of 20 minutes in Hai Duong province. 11:30AM we take the Critina Cruise from Bai Chay wharf through Ha Long. You’ll have the chance to see many Beauty spots of the world - natural heritage including Fighting Cock islet, Incense Urn islet, Finger islet, Toad islet… and many other strange shaped islands. You'll especially enjoy exploring the mystery of Sung Sot cave ( Surprise cave).16:30PM Arrive Titop island. Free time for swimming and kayaking.Before dinner have cooking class on the boat.1800PM get free time, enjoy fresh seafood dinner then you can take part in cuttle fishing contest and enjoy fresh cuttles, after that, come inside the boat for karaoke or dancing. You’ll enjoy being upstairs, seeing the sea at night, making friends with many other people from neighboring boats. Sleep overnight on the boat.

Day 2 : Ha Long – Ha Noi 7:30AM: Breakfast in the hotel. Then Critina cruise will take you back to Ha Long. 9:30AM: Back to Bai Chay Wharf, we continue to explore HaLong bay on Fighting Cock islet, Incense Urn islet, Finger islet, Toad islet... and many other islands.

11:00AM: Lunch on the boat.1:00PM: Bus takes you back to Ha Noi. On the way back, stop 20 minutes at Hai Duong city for a short break. 16:30PM: arrive Ha Noi

more
    • Visa in Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM

As cruise passengers, do we need a visa to visit HCMC?

more
    • aussiejen's Profile Photo

Travel in October?

Vietnam Aug 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM

We are thinking of travelling to Vietnam in October, possibly from 6th - 24th, about 2.5 weeks. This will be our 1st time.

I'm getting confused with all the weather info I have read! Which areas should we avoid?

Is it better to concentrate on the north or south?
      We are both in our early 60's so don't want to be rushing madly from place to place!

more
    • ibisit's Profile Photo

Da Nang - Vietnam, what can i do?

Da Nang Jul 28, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I will be there this weekend for business trip from Friday to Monday, what can i do ?

more
    • Singapore to HCM(2 days), HCM to Vungtau(2 days), Vungtau back HCM(1 day), HCM back Singapore.

Vung Tau Jul 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Hi,
      I will be travelling from Singapore to HCM for 2 days, then to Vung Tau 2 days, back to HCM for a day before returning to Singapore (via SQ).
      I will be staying in HCM district 1. My questions are:
      1. Hotels recommended in HCM and VT for easy access to buses or taxi services?

Please advise.

Best Regards,

JT

more
    • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Vaccinations - necessary or not ?

Vietnam Aug 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend who's booked a last-minute trip to Vietnam and is getting mixed messages about vaccinations. The travel company says not necessary, her doctor says they are. She's checked some sites but still seems unsure so I told her I'd ask our VT travel gurus for their opinions. She travels on September 12th. Thanks in advance !

more
    • Airport (HAN)

Hanoi Jul 31, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Hi!

I have a connecting flight in Hanoi (HAN) early morning . I intend to spend a night in the airport before my next day early flight.
      Is the airport (HAN) a 24-hours airport or there would be a closing hours?
      Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

visa in to vietnam

Vietnam Jul 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I am flying from yangon to Hanoi,in october,can i now get a visa on entry to vietnam (hanoi) or do i still have to apply before entry.much help would be appreciated

more
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Beaches close to Ho Chi Minh City

Vietnam Aug 5, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Around Christimas I am flying in to HCMC. I will stay for a couple of days in HCMC before I go to a beach and a friend will join me some days later at the beach. All together I will be doing beach life for about ten days before flying to see Angkor Wat.

I am searching for a nice beach close to HCMC, going by bus or train would be great. The beach should be nice, and not too touristy but not totally deserted either. I have been looking at Mui Ne which looks nice, but I am afraid it is too touristy. We have also been looking at Phu Quoc, but getting from there to Siem Reap is required a stopover, and would like to avoid flying again, especially with stopovers.

I/we would like to stay in a nice and clean place close to the beach; a guesthouse is ok. Resorts are not needed.

Any suggestions? Is Mui Ne very touristy?

Thanks from Lena

more

Near Hai Long