Haarlem Travel Answers

change location
garlandsofgrace's Profile Photo

Haarlem and Zaanse Schans ; Haarlem and Schiphol Airport/ transportation

by garlandsofgrace Online Now Jan 10, 2009 at 4:33 PM

1)Is there public transportation from Haarlem to Zaanse Schans?
2) Is there public transportation from Haarlem to Schiphol Airport without going to Amsterdam?
Thank you for any help...

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Haarlem and Zaanse Schans ; Haarlem and Schiphol Airport/ transportation

by qaminari Online Now Jan 10, 2009 at 5:08 PM

1) Dunno
    2) By train you can't do it without changing at Amsterdam Centraal, but even so it only takes 36-47 mins altogether. However, the Zuidtangent bus 300 to/from the airport serves Haarlem, see schiphol.nl/Transport/Access....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Hello,

Did you get my previous answer about public transport from Edam to Zaansche Schans? You can use that website to plan your trips.

Most places in the Netherlands can be reached by public transport. From Haarlem to Zaansche Schans can be done in less than 1 hour.

Schiphol-Haarlem is 30-45 minutes by train (indeed a transfer in Amsterdam) or 45 minutes by bus 300(no transfer).

Cheers
    Dennis

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Just some info from the Zaanse Schans website:
    http://www.zaanseschans.nl/

Notice
    From January 2008 the Juliana Bridge next to the Zaanse Schans will be closed until the summer of 2009. Pedestrians and bicyclists will be able to reach the Zaanse Schans by a small ferry operating in the area at 10-minute intervals throughout the day. Cars approaching from Alkmaar should follow the yellow diversion signs.

By train
    Only four stations (20 minutes) by train from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Take the stop train direction Alkmaar to Koog-Zaandijk. From the station simply follow the signs to the Zaanse Schans. It is 5-minute walk from the station to the ferry. Pedestrians will be able to reach the Zaanse Schans by a small ferry operating in the area at 10-minute intervals throughout the day. It is 5-minute walk to the Zaanse Schans and 10-minutes to the Zaans Museum.

PJ

• garlandsofgrace's Profile Photo

by garlandsofgrace Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Thank you very much for time given on behalf of my inquiry. Much appreciated! I will let you know how I do after the April 2009 trip. Thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines