Haarlem Travel Answers

change location

Transport

by Mr-Jenkins Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 5:34 AM

Hello

I'm travelling to Haarlem for the 1st time tomorrow and was wondering the best way to get there from Schiphol Airport. Are there direct trains or should we opt for the bus?

Also, would anyone happen to know if Hotel Haarlem Zuid is central and easy to get to from the train station?

Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Transport

by Polyhymnia Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 6:13 AM

Take the 300 Zuidtangent bus(the red ones as opposed to the green Connexxion busses)to the Europaweg stop in Haarlem; you'll be just across the street from the Hotel. There's really no direct train to Haarlem station and the Hotel isn't near the station anyways.

If you want to get to the centre of town or the train station, the 300 bus or any of the other ones will take you there. You can pay cash to the bus driver; just tell him you want to go to Europaweg or Centrum or the Station and they'll tell you the price, make change and stamp you a wee ticket.

I hope your stay at the Hotel Haarlem Zuid goes well...they messed up my wedding reception last August and we're disputing the bill. Just poor management and staffing issues. Nobody really knows what they're doing...

But Haarlem's lovely!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eenelfje's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Transport

by eenelfje Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Yes take the 300 bus (long red bus) straight from Schiphol Airport to Haarlem. Easiest and fastest. Just go outside the main exit, cross the street and a little bit to the left is the no. 300 busstop.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines