Haarlem Travel Answers

change location
Shnukums's Profile Photo

New Year in Haarlem - Fish restaurants or Dutch cuisine suggestions, please!

by Shnukums Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 7:02 AM

Hello there! Will be spending a week in Haarlem during the New Year period - from end of Dec to Jan. 4th. It will be three of us and we are looking for a nice and sophisticated restaurant where to spend the evening of Dec. 31st. We would prefer something traditionally Dutch and if possible a fish restaurant too. We are obsessed with the fish part because we are near the sea and we thought there might be some very nice fish places in the area.

I have read some good and bad things about de PĂȘcherie Haarlem aan Zee. I don't know what other people think about it.

Please can you suggest any places? If you are from Haarlem, where are you celebrating New Year?

Please help if you can. Any restaurant websites would be helpful. I have some very basic knowledge of Dutch and will try to decipher the menus on the websites.

Dank u wel!

Sasha

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

RE: New Year in Haarlem - Fish restaurants or Dutch cuisine suggestions, please!

by vtveen Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 8:16 AM

On the website of the Tourist Information Centre are all restaurants in Haarlem and surroundings listed. Take a look at:
    http://www.vvvzk.nl/engels/index.htm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

RE: RE: New Year in Haarlem - Fish restaurants or Dutch cuisine suggestions, please!

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 9:05 AM

Other recommended website:

iens.nl/english/restaurantsI...

I have good memories of the Specktakel restaurant; see:

members.virtualtourist.com/m...

PJ

• Shnukums's Profile Photo

RE: RE: New Year in Haarlem - Fish restaurants or Dutch cuisine suggestions, please!

by Shnukums Online Now Dec 13, 2006 at 4:26 AM

Thank you for your replies, guys!

I am getting a lot of positive comments about Spectackel and might reserve there. But I am still hoping for a good Dutch restaurant for New Year instead.

Please feel free to recommend any other places that you've been to!

Thank you!

Sasha

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines