Ha Long Travel Answers

change location

Using Cat Bi Airport as an alternative to Hanoi Airport for Flying to Danang after Halong Bay Cruise

by romeonovember Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hi There,
We complete our halong bay cruise on the 28.04.13 and will then fly to Da Nang for the next leg of our honeymoon. My question is as follow: would we be better to travel back to hanoi and fly from there to Da Nang, or else travel the shorter distance to Cat Bi Airport and fly from there to Dan Nang? we can get the 18.00 flight from Hanoi arrive Da nang @ 19.15 or the 16.30 from Cat Bi arrrice danang 18.15. Any opinions on using cat bi airport would be greatly appreciated particularly in relation to getting taxis from halong bay to there, facilities at the airport (its looks pretty basic), safety, other western opinions/experiences of using it, and also its its affected by fog/weather at this time of year? All help and opinions would be great as we dont particularly want to spend 4 hours going back to hanoi airport if there is an easier way!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Using Cat Bi Airport as an alternative to Hanoi Airport for Flying to Danang after Halong Bay Cruise

by xymmot Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I would use the Cat Bi airport because of the shorter distence and Vietnam airlines has a schedule flight. For the taxi and no hassle I would book or hire a private driver to the airport from the tour agency that book the HaLong Bay excurision.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • giovotinh's Profile Photo

Re: Using Cat Bi Airport as an alternative to Hanoi Airport for Flying to Danang after Halong Bay Cruise

by giovotinh Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM

You should fly from haiphong on danang.Since the distance from halong to haiphong near a lot more than halong to hanoi.That in haiphong also has flights directly to danang.If you need to set tickets from haiphong danang or hotel reservation, you can contact will help you.You can send mail to this address: Tranchinh24890@gmail.com Good fun trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines