Gyor-Moson-Sopron Megye

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus from vienna to sopron

Sopron Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi! I'm going to Volt festival this summer. And I've decided to fly to Vienna and from there to go to Sopron (because it's cheaper that way). Also I am planning to stay in Vienna, that means I will have to go to Sopron twice ( because I'm attending only two days of the festival) and return to Vienna. When I was looking for a train, turned out there is no train that goes from sopron straight to vienna after 8pm and if I choose to take a train I'll have to change trains in Wiener Neustadt.

Can you please give me some information. Can I get from Vienna to Sopron and back on a bus? Where can I see the schedule?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

more

Popular Gyor-Moson-Sopron Megye Travel Answer Locations

• bus from vienna to sopron

Sopron Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi! I'm going to Volt festival this summer. And I've decided to fly to Vienna and from there to go to Sopron (because it's cheaper that way). Also I am planning to stay in Vienna, that means I will have to go to Sopron twice ( because I'm attending only two days of the festival) and return to Vienna. When I was looking for a train, turned out there is no train that goes from sopron straight to vienna after 8pm and if I choose to take a train I'll have to change trains in Wiener Neustadt.

Can you please give me some information. Can I get from Vienna to Sopron and back on a bus? Where can I see the schedule?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • Beauty treatment in Sopron

Sopron Jan 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM

what about beauty treatments in Sopron? Are they reliable? Any tips/recommendations?

Thanks

• Best way to travel from Bratislava airport to Sopron

Sopron Jan 26, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Hi there. I am flying to Bratislava Airport and need to get to Sopron by train, preferably with no changes. Which is the best train station to depart from and how far away is it from the airport?

4 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • how to get to wabi sopron by public transport

Sopron Nov 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I want to visit wabi beauty center but don't have private car.... ok I understand I can come from Vienna to Sopron by train..but how I can I further travel to wabi beauty center...... thanks

• thermal bath hegykö

Sopron Aug 23, 2011 at 3:14 AM

we want to go from Vienna to Hegykö by bus or train. It seems easy to get to Sopron, but how do we get furtheron to Hegykö? Are there busses and where do they leave? How far is this from the trainstation? How can I find a timetable? We want to travel this saturday in the early afternoon.

1 Answer Aug 23, 2011 at 3:28 AM
    • Austria Vs. Hungary

Sopron Jul 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Will Sopron give a tourist a good taste of Hungarian culture? Or is it too close to Vienna? Is there another Western Hungarian city I should consider to visit? I am planning on going in the summer

5 Answers Aug 1, 2011 at 4:33 AM
    • Need guidance

Sopron May 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM

When I come to Sopron, churches are what I want to see most. Are the churches scattered about the town and if so I will need directions to them and whether I can walk or will need transportation.
      Thank you, S0ulwalker

1 Answer May 26, 2011 at 11:10 PM
    • Feuerturm and Ziegenkirche

Sopron Feb 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Does anybody have some good information about these 2 sightseeing places which I don't find on the internet? Anything special which people usually don't know. Would be great, thanks!

1 Answer Feb 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    • To Sopron by bus

Sopron Feb 20, 2011 at 2:17 PM

We are arriving by bus from Vienna and I have to tell the driver how to go and where to park the bus. Coming from the border, shall we pass the Wabi beauty-center and then turn right and pass the Sopron Plaza?
      How shall we go on and where can we park the bus?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM
    • New in Sopron

Sopron Nov 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM

My husband and I just moved to Sopron. Does anyone know if there is a language school or class for German or Hungarian. My German is rusty and I know very little Hungarian. And...Is there anywhere in town (or a circular or pamphlet) that posts the latests events?

Thank you for your help
      Christina

2 Answers Nov 2, 2010 at 2:47 AM
    • maltese24's Profile Photo

Vienna-Sopron

Sopron Oct 20, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Hi,

arriving from Vienna to Sopron, do i need to buy a Hungarian Vignette or not? Also, to park in Sopron is it free or you have to pay?

thanks
      Pierre

2 Answers Oct 21, 2010 at 5:36 AM
    • How do I get from Vienna Airport to Sopron?

Sopron Jun 18, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Hello All,

I've posted a similar question in the Vienna forum, but I thought I'd try the "reverse" here. Unlike the poster below, we will be traveling to Sopron from Vienna during the day (afternoon actually). We will be arriving at Vienna airport and would like the quickest, easiest way to get from there to Sopron.
      Thank you very much. :)

7 Answers Jun 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    • get back to Sopron from Vienna late in the night

Sopron Aug 10, 2009 at 4:14 PM

How does someone get back to Sopron from Vienna after a late concert?
      I know the train stops around 20:00 PM.
      Is there a bus or taxi service?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 1:01 AM
    • Transport Bratislava to Gyor

Gyor-Moson-Sopron Megye Jun 11, 2009 at 8:29 PM

What are the best travel options from Bratislava downtown to Gyor downtown (and possibly onto Budapest downtown) in early October?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM
    • Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Sopron day trip

Sopron Apr 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I'll be taking a day trip from Vienna to Sopron in a couple of weeks time. What would you recommend I do, see, go, eat?

Thanks

5 Answers May 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    • Vihren's Profile Photo

How to reach Mosonmagyarovar from Bratislava?

Mosonmagyarovar Jan 26, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Is there any way of reaching Mosonmagyrovar directly form Bratislava (or Bratislava airport) by any kind of public transport? I know only about a train once per day leaving around 3 am and arriving around 5 am (and travelling 30 km for almost 2 hours). This train is the only one appering to be direct and not passing through Komarno or Gyor and neither the Slovak nor the Hungarian rail websites give any price for that train. There also seems to be no buses , at least the Hungarian and Slovak bus websites don't show any. I find it hard to believe that these cities situated so close have only that way of transportation.
      Please can anyone tell me about any way to reach Mosonmagyarovar from Bratislava?
      Thank you very much

4 Answers Jun 8, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    • Hungarian Restaurant

Sopron Jul 4, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Can anybody recommend any good, inexpensive place to eat Hungarian food in Sopron?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 7, 2007 at 6:01 PM
    • AnnaStella's Profile Photo

hairdresser

Sopron Aug 7, 2006 at 1:32 AM

Hi! Does anyone know a nice hairdresser in or around Sopron or Köszeg? It doesn't have to be very hip but I don't want to look like my grandmother after the visit ;)

Köszenem/Thanks
      a.s.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2006 at 2:15 AM
    • Sopron to Bratislava - best route?

Sopron Jun 21, 2006 at 8:01 AM

Hi Please can someone tell me the best route (fastest/cheapest) to get from Sopron to Bratislava?

I have found several train routes (Sopron - komaron - komarno - bratislava), and lots of suggested train routes from Elvira and ZSR. But they all take several hours.

Are there any busses? Maybe via Vienna? or Gyor?

Thanks

Nicola

• Gyor & Sopron Swimming

Gyor-Moson-Sopron Megye Jun 15, 2006 at 5:58 AM

Hi
      Where are the best places to swim in Sopron & Gyor? Are there any lakes nearby (within walking/cycling distance).

Are there any public swimming pools within walking distince and, if so, how much do they cost and are they male/female only like the baths in Budapest or just normal pools?

Also, are there any places to hire boats?

Any info would be appreciated
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2006 at 7:37 AM
    • Language

Sopron Jun 15, 2006 at 5:42 AM

I will be visiting Sopron next month. I don't speak any Hungarian, but of course I will try to learn 'please, thankyou, hello' and other simple words before I go.

For more complicated things, how difficult will it be to make myself understood in English? Do many people speak English in that area?

I am guessing lots of people will speak German rather than English as it is so close to Austria. My German is terrible!! I can speak French, but I don't suppsoe this will be much use?

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 15, 2006 at 6:59 AM
    • Whats happening in Sopron?

Sopron Jun 15, 2006 at 5:35 AM

Hi
      I will be staying in Sopron from 5/7/06-7/7/06. I was told by several hotels I tried that there is a festival this weekend and that is why lots of the hotels are full.
      Does anyone have any information on this festival and what is happening that weekend? Is it just music in theatres, or will there be public activities in the streets & parks?
      Any info would be great as I can't find anything on teh Sopron website
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 16, 2006 at 10:18 AM
    • Very urgent question concerning Sopron

Gyor-Moson-Sopron Megye Apr 23, 2006 at 7:47 AM

Hello everybody,

I will be in Sopron the day after tomorrow and due to a special situation I will need to have photos developed very quickly in Sopron.

So my question is, is there any place in Sopron where I can have photos developed from Wednesday morning until Thursday morning (24 hours) ?

If you do not know, can you give me a hint how I could find out, this would be very important to me.

Greetings,
      midnightfever

1 Answer Apr 23, 2006 at 7:54 AM
    • tjsomerset's Profile Photo

Dental care in Hungary

Sopron Jan 14, 2006 at 1:44 PM

I am in need of serious dental care and have heard that Hungary had quality care for a reasonable price. However I don't just want to rely on luck in finding the right dentist, and would appreciate hearing from someone who had a positive experience.
      Very gratefully
      Ted

8 Answers May 7, 2007 at 5:52 AM
    • mickezgrl's Profile Photo

Looking for a lost friend

Sopron Jun 4, 2005 at 9:32 AM

Hello everyone,

I am trying to locate a friend that I lost contact with a few years ago. She was living in Sopron, that is where she is from. She married and then moved to Vienna with her husband. Her name is Krisztina and her husband is Maxi. I was wondering if anyone can help me... and advise me how would I possibly search for e-mail on the internet?? Any advice?? Help please.

Lina

• A summer afternoon in Hegyeshalom

Hegyeshalom Apr 12, 2005 at 5:23 AM

Any hints on what to see and do during a summer afternoon in Hegyeshalom with two kids?

2 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 8:09 AM
    • Rail Travel from Vienna

Sopron Nov 19, 2004 at 2:01 PM

I'm trying to find bus departure times for June 2005 from the Vienna airport to SÜDBAHNHOF and then from SÜDBAHNHOF to Sopron. Can anyone direct me to a web site with this information?

4 Answers Dec 14, 2004 at 7:49 AM
    • Best Restaurants in Gyor

Gyor-Moson-Sopron Megye Nov 8, 2004 at 9:15 AM

Hello......It has been difficult for me to ascertain what are the very best restaurants in Gyor. I have relatives in Gyor and would like to give them a gift certificate to eat at a very fine place. Any help or direction appreciated.

3 Answers Nov 12, 2004 at 8:26 AM
    • Where is it really???

Kecskemet Oct 16, 2004 at 7:04 AM

Can anybody explain why Kecskemet was added to Gyor-Moson-Sopron???

2 Answers Oct 30, 2004 at 1:49 PM
    • dentists sopron

Sopron May 12, 2004 at 6:06 AM

can anybody help me locate a dentist in sopron

2 Answers May 7, 2007 at 5:51 AM