change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nadia.roncoli's Profile Photo

Shops in Cardiff

Cardiff Jun 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hi there, I just want to know if there are the following shops in Cardiff: Abercrombie, Hollyster , Gilly Hiks, Hard Rock Cafe?
      Thanks!
      Nadia

more
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

? Wesleyan Methodist Church

Abergavenny Jan 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Was/is there are church by this name in Abegavenny? We are planning a trip to Wales later this year and have information that great great grandfather was baptized there. He was born 1852 at Rose Cottage (Llantillio-Crossenny). Thank You Susan Williams, USA

6 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    • car parking

Chepstow Jan 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

please let me know where i can park in chepstow closest to the national express bus station. I will be driving there on a saturday and returning by coach on the following day.

2 Answers Jan 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Around Chepstow and Tintern Abbey

Gwent Jan 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Ma and I will be in this area for 2 nights in April. We plan to view Chepstow Castle and Tintern Abbey, before heading back to London. We are using trains/buses. The goal is to photograph the scenery in this area, old castles, baths, medieval architecture, etc etc (the stuff of romance!). If I had only 1 more spot to visit in this area, what should we see? Has to be in the Chepstow-Tintern area. I was thinking maybe Raglan Castle? But don't know how to get there by public transit. Anything else? We only have the 2 nights, 1 complete day.

12 Answers Jan 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Penhow Castle

Chepstow Feb 7, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Does anyone know why this castle is closed? What happened to it as a visitor attraction?

An old fan of Penhow Castle :-(

3 Answers Feb 12, 2010 at 5:35 AM
    • HELP TRAVEL FROM NEWPORT TO DOVER ON 8TH AUGUST

Newport Aug 6, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Can anyone offer any help or advice, my son his wife and 3 children are booked to go to france this friday 8th august for their first holiday in 9 years. the couple they booked with and who was the driver has let them down today. neither my son or his wife drive. they just want to get on their ship at 1 pm on friday.

3 Answers Aug 6, 2008 at 12:21 PM
    • Tintern Abbey

Chepstow May 15, 2007 at 9:31 AM

My husband and I want to visit Tintern Abbey during our trip to England. We will be travelling by train and bus. We'd like to travel from Stratford to Chepstow and then on to Tintern Abbey. We'd like to stay overnight and see some of the area attractions while we're in Wales. Can anyone recommend a two-day itinerary. I am not very familiar with Wales, so I'm not sure where we should stay what we should see, etc. Any advice will be appreciated.

2 Answers May 16, 2007 at 9:22 AM
    • How to get from Abergavenny to Llanthony

Abergavenny Feb 1, 2007 at 1:29 AM

Hi there,

I'm a student in Caerleon and i really want to visit the Llanthony Priory, it looks really nice. But being without a car i feel unable to find a way up to this tiny hamlet by bus. I could get to Abergavenny but its a matter of travelling the rest of the way. the traveline wales page dosen't help. does anyone know of any buses that go there? And if so when and where do they leave from?

Thanks! :)

Caz

5 Answers Feb 2, 2007 at 11:28 AM
    • music played

Newport Aug 23, 2006 at 3:07 AM

what kind of music is played at all the clubs and is dance music like techno music?

1 Answer Aug 24, 2006 at 11:10 AM
    • dresscode for nightout

Newport Aug 23, 2006 at 2:58 AM

I'm from canada and want to know what would be appropriate to wear for a night out in newport, are jeans like not really acceptable...becasue in canada some places are really strict about what you wear and i dont know what places we will be going to and i dont want to miss out on anything just becasue of what i'm wearing
      thanks in advance

1 Answer Aug 23, 2006 at 4:57 AM
    • KastleKonfusion's Profile Photo

Is The Incredible Deconstructing Clock Demolished?!

Newport Aug 6, 2006 at 2:10 PM

I'm planning a 2 weeks vacation in UK.

I read with great interest from M0B1US's Newport Travel Guide about the "In the Nick of Time" kinetic clock at John Frost Square and I started looking online for more info about this clock. (members.virtualtourist.com/m...

Along with some interesting write up about the clock, I chanced upon a pdf "Planning Application Schedule" dated 17 May 2006 mentioning the removal of this clock as part of the redevelopment of John Frost Square. (newport.gov.uk/stellent/grou... I couldnt quite believe what I read.

It didnt help when I chanced yet upon Page 5 of "Newport Matters - the official newspaper of Newport City Council" (newport.gov.uk/stellent/grou...

"The iconic new bridge structure is in place, highways
      improvements are underway and one of the city centre’s
      worst eyesores has reduced to rubble."

So is it true that The Incredible Deconstrucing Clock is removed? I was planning to see this clock after M0B1US's interesting writeup. And from there, I was intending to walk uphill to the St Woolos Cathedral. If there are so much construction going on, I'll give Newport a pass.

9 Answers Aug 19, 2006 at 2:28 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

How long a walk from the bus to the train station?

Newport Apr 3, 2006 at 2:24 AM

Judging from what I've found on google it takes about 15 minutes to walk from the bus station - National Express stop - to the train station. However, I wasn't able to find a good map, so I pieced this together from the "how to get there" infos of some hotels. Does anybody know if it is about 15 minutes? Or much longer?
      I'm still trying to find the best way to get to Abergavenny and Brecon and an open jaw ticket by National Express seems to be really good.
      Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 3:24 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Where is the bus stop?

Abergavenny Mar 23, 2006 at 5:07 AM

Is the bus stop in Abergavenny close to the train station or would I need to walk far?
      Thank you for any help.

5 Answers Mar 25, 2006 at 3:47 AM
    • TinkyR's Profile Photo

Chepstow Races

Chepstow Aug 23, 2005 at 2:23 PM

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can recommend a hotel near to the racecourse. I don't want anything too expensive but would like a nice restaurant, as it's for a special birthday.

I would be looking to stay overnight, have a nice meal and go to the races the following day.

Many thanks