Travel Answers
Guyana

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to find the reasonable priced hotel to stay in george town?

Guyana Jul 5, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Hi, we will be visiting guyana in a month for roughly 2 weeks. How much US dollars should we bring and where to find cheap hotels in georgetown? We also like to hire a reliable local guide, where can we do that? Thx!

• what is the best restaurant to go in georgetown

Guyana Jul 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM

will be arriving in another week

• bethanief's Profile Photo

A non-tourist trip

Guyana May 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I would like to plan a trip through Guyana via river. I am female, could possibly find a male companion if absolutely necessary. I am not interested in staying in lodges, and would therefore camp riverside, if possible. Has anyone here ever planned a trip such as this? If so, could you please contact me so that I can glean some information? This trip will take a good 9 months to a year to plan, so I would like to go with as much off-the-beaten-track travel advice that I can find...

• Travelling first time to Guyana, female, alone

Georgetown Mar 7, 2014 at 8:04 AM

I am travelling to Georgetown, Guyana alone March 2014 (female, look 30, aged 40) from Canada, but am American. Should I try to take USD with me or is Amex widely accepted?
      Anything to watch out for? MEAN customs teams, wear OFF all the time cause of bugs, or SWEATY, or unsafe, or bottled water ... should I bring my own pillows and sheets for hotel?

5 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    • PLACES TO VISIT

Guyana Feb 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM

HOW FAR IS ENMORE FROM GEORGETOWN?

1 Answer May 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Tourism agencies

Guyana Dec 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Hello! We are 2 women planning a trip to Guyana for next january, and wondering if there is a reliable tourism agency there ? Is it better to book online or on place? We have been trying to reach tour operators by e-mail and it is difficult to get answers, and if we do, they suggest we should make an international deposit directly into their account. Is this a safe practice ?

Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Dec 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    • bengal110's Profile Photo

best place for SUV or Mini Van Rental

Guyana Dec 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM

which is the best company to rent a SUV or mini van to drive around Guyana on my own

• bengal110's Profile Photo

best place for SUV or Mini Van Renta;

Guyana Dec 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM

which is the best company to rent a SUV or mini van to drive around Guyana on my own

• WaterLilz's Profile Photo

african in venezuela and want to visit guyana

Guyana Dec 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM

hello, im african currently living in venezuela and i want to vist guyana with my guyanan friends for a month. do i need a visa? what do i need exactly?? and how do i get it?

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • where do i find Male Clothing

Guyana Nov 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM

hello, my husband asked me to shop for some clothes and shoes from Guyana. need help with some stores names that i can look up

5 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • When to go and any trip ideas

Guyana Mar 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM

My girlfiend and I are going to Guyana around October and November. We are planning on going with a tour operator and staying in the Rewa area for a week and hitting Kaiteur Falls before we leave. Does that sound like the best plan or would you reccomend other options.

Thank you for any help,
      Matt

3 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    • Getting married in Guyana

Georgetown Dec 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I am a Trinidadian, engaged to a Guyanese living in Trinidad, and we wish to get married in Guyana in January 2012. Could you tell me what are the requirement for us to be married in Guyana. Is it necessary for me to be in Guyana for 14 days prior to the ceremony. We plan to have a civil ceremony at the Registrar's Office

• getting to port kiatuma

Georgetown Sep 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM

hi i am traveling to guyana in march 2012 1 week in kiatuma then 1 week in georgetown i would b more than grateful if i could get answers to the following

1 4 passengers in guyana on tues want to get to port kiatuma asap (how much

most reasonably priced hotel/guesthouse for us to stay

nb i have seen recent post so know we can fly but how do i book from uk, how often to the flights go will we be able to go when we get to GT or will we have to overnight? i know this is a lot of questions but need to wtart planning my trip

• texila american university

Georgetown May 29, 2011 at 5:28 AM

i am an indian national and have been offered residency in texila american university.is it good???should i take it ???is i recognised there ???will i get a job after finishing residency in guyana.how are the working conditions for doctors???

4 Answers May 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    • texila american university

Georgetown May 29, 2011 at 2:14 AM

hi friends i am from india and i have been offered residency in texila american university.is it good???can i get a job i george town after doing residency there???is it recognised ???how are the working conditions of doctors???pay good.please help me .its the biggest decision of my life .please please help me.thank you

• new comer to georgetown looking for friends

Georgetown Mar 3, 2010 at 7:39 AM

hello..i'm from the UK and have just arrived for some voluntary work at St Joseph's Mercy hospital until october. I'm a friendly, sociable 34 year old who would like to make some friends in this place. If you can bear my terrible jokes i'd love to hear from you. cheers, Querida.

3 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    • VolsUT's Profile Photo

Guyana to Suriname

Guyana Dec 18, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I understand that Suriname to Guyana crossing is easy but I heard it is a bit more diffacult to do Guyana to Suriname is this true? I am refuring to the crossing in the north near the Atlantic. Thanks sooo much!

6 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    • plzzzzz help

Demerara-Mahaica Region Nov 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM

helo all can anyone tell me how much US dollar it takes to stay normal living hotel for almost a month. what are the best place to watch in demerara. place near west coast demerara wud be more advisable.i m waiting ppl..:)

• Tours from Georgetown

Georgetown Oct 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Does anyone know how long and how one travels to Port Kaituma?
      Are there reputable tour agencies that will take you to the former Jonestown location?? And if so what is the usual going rate?
      I am looking into traveling to Guyana and can not leave there w/out seeing that area.
      Advanced thanks!

1 Answer Dec 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    • Tours and lodging

Port Kaituma Oct 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

First: How long does it take to get from Georgetown to Port Kaituma?
      Are there any tour agencies/guides that will go to Jonestown? If so is there public lodging in Port Kaituma. I am assuming that is a closer region to Jonestown than Georgetown.

• walter2001's Profile Photo

Friends Of Guyana

Guyana Sep 7, 2009 at 2:42 AM

I am Arthur living and worling in Dubai. I am interested to crosspond the people living in Guyana, for mutual goodwill and friendship.

Arthur

1 Answer Sep 7, 2009 at 6:25 AM
    • Bus Routes to Guyana

Guyana Jun 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM

I'm planning a trip arouns South America and need to get from Brazil to Guyana by road. Can anyone tell me whether this is possible and if so, where the buses go from. I know there are some from Boa Vista but I was hoping there were buses from other parts of Brazil.

Thanks.

6 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM
    • Costs

Lethem May 21, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Can you tell me the cost of the trip from Lethem to Bonfim,
      Bomfim to Boa Vista? Please offer directions on how to get there safely.
      Thanks

• Getting from airport to bus station

Guyana Aug 23, 2008 at 6:16 AM

I was told by someone who lives there that it would be too dangerous for me to take public transportation from the Georgetown airport to the bus station (an hour away.) The taxi might cost me up to50 each way, though. What has anyone else done to make this connection? Do you take the taxi or the bus? (I am a middle-aged white woman with a big backpack.) Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM
    • Options for US citizens crossing the brazilian border Venezuela - Guyana

Guyana Apr 5, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I need to go Santa Elena, Venezuela to Latham, Guyana. I am a US Citizen with a Chilean ID for foreigners. I am hoping to cross the border with the chilean ID: If it doesn´t work, or they ask for my passport, are there any other options for me at the border? Can one bribe the guards for a 2 day permit to cross to Guyana or get a permit to cross somehow?

I read that Brazilian Law Nr 6.8.15 Article 8 states that no transit visa is required if the person is on a continuous trip interupted only for mandatory stops. Is this border recognized, and are there travel companies booking passage for this to make this a more believeable arguement?

2 Answers Sep 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM
    • kelliee07's Profile Photo

Affidavit of support???

Guyana Mar 9, 2008 at 7:06 AM

Can anyone tell me about the affidavit of support? I would like to know if i need to have a bank account and how much money would they exspect for me to have in the account? How far back in my records will they look? Is someone else allowed to sponsor my husband if I can't? Will they need any other finicial documents from me or the other person that may sponser my husband like tax information? What else would I need to know about the affidavit of support? Thank you for any information that you may be able to give me.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM
    • kelliee07's Profile Photo

Getting married in Guyana.......Options.

Guyana Mar 1, 2008 at 7:49 AM

Does anyone know anything about the Direct Consular Filing in Guyana???? I am american and i will soon be getting married to an Guyanese man and i just want to find the fastest way to get my husband in the US with me where he belongs. I am going to be in Guyana for 1 month but I may extend my stay so that we won't have to be away from each other for so long. Is there anyone out there that can help me????

6 Answers Mar 1, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    • Atlasgold's Profile Photo

Thank You Gifts

Guyana Jan 29, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I will be visiting Guyana in March / April and will be visiting the coast doing some turtle watching and visiting Iwokrama. I would like to take some thank you gifts for the people whom I meet on my journey. Any ideas what would be appreciated?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    • Flights out of Guyana

Guyana Dec 5, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Hi, does anyone know of any cheap flights out of Guyana to the south of South America?

Many thanks

• ronmartinjr's Profile Photo

Getting to Guyana from Venezuela without going through Brazil

Guyana Oct 24, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Does anybody know if it is possible to get to Guyana overland or sea from Venezuela without going through Brazil? It is difficult and expensive to get a Brazilian visa. I was thinking of a boat along the coast or hiking from Mt. Roraima. Has anybody heard if this is possible?
      Thanks!
      Ron