Gulf Shores Travel Answers

change location

Gulf Shore Lodging Question

by dcpowell8234 Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 10:13 AM

We will be visiting the Gulf Shore area in May of `07. We have never been there before. I have been looking through the VRBO website and am thinking about booking a room for the two of us at "Golf Shores Surf & Racquet Club" or "Golf Shores Plantation". Does anyone have any input on these properties?
Would you recommend we stay in Gulf Shores, Fort Morgan or somewhere else? We don't really swim or sun bathe, but we want a place where we can play golf, play shuffleboard and site see. Also, what kind of weather can we expect in mid-May?
I welcome all suggestions. Thank you!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Gulf Shore Lodging Question

by dyrden Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 12:31 PM

You can find a lot of the information that your looking for on www.gulfshoreslocal.com .

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Gulf Shore Lodging Question

by classilady Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 6:26 AM

I have stayed in Gulf Shores Plantation on three different trips. We stayed in the Palms building which is their newest one. It was very nice. Great golf course next door. It wasn't as crowded as Gulf Shores, which was nice. The Palms has 1-3 bedroom units with a gulf front view. If you want to be close to the hustle and bustle of it all, then you might choose to stay in Gulf Shores. The plantation is about 12 miles out of Gulf Shores. The beach at the plantation was nice and not overly crowded. It's a great place for families.

We are staying in Gulf Shores this summer at the Phoenix All-Suites Hotel West. It is almost as large as a 1 bedroom condo and was a great deal. The units there are gulf front. The pool is kinda small, but the gulf is right behind it. You might want to check this place out. With the price of gas as high as it is, we decided it might be cheaper to actually stay in Gulf Shores this year instead of driving back and forth.
    We booked this year with www.brett-robinson.com

Have a great trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines