Gulf Shores Travel Answers

change location

Honeymoon

by donnah06 Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 7:44 PM

My fiance and I are getting married September 30, 2006. He is a huge nascar and for part of our honeymoon, we are going to Talladega Superspeedway for the truck race on 10/7/06 and the cup race on 10/8/06... Since we are already gonna be in AL, we are talking about heading down to Gulf Shores / Mobile. My question is to how everything has been rebuilt since Hurricane Katrina... Are there still things to do and is the beach nice or is it still very evident that a hurricane came through a year ago? Also, if you could give advice as to what might be good tourist attractions especially for newlyweds that would be great, as well as good hotels... Thank you in advance for responding to my question... Looking forward to hearing what you have to say....

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Honeymoon

by runningman72 Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 8:47 PM

Visit Myrtle Beach, Hawaii, Disney World, and other places in S-T-Y-L-E !!! Stay in a 5-star resort and enjoy all of the amenities for free !!!

westgatepix.com/mypix.cfm?In...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vhasouth's Profile Photo

RE: Honeymoon

by vhasouth Online Now Aug 28, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Congratulations!! Yes, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are up and running!! We just got back a couple of weeks ago. Overall, the restoration is probably 80%. On the beach, it's gorgeous. No signs of a hurricane. Majority of the hotels/motels are up and running. There are still some condos that are being rebuilt. But nothing that would spoil your trip. We were pleasantly surprised that the restuarants looked like business as usual and most of the gift shops looked as if a hurricane had never hit.

The only advice I give is the AVOID the Sleep Inn on Orange Beach. It was horrible!! Go down and have a great trip!! I don't think you'll regret it!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines