Guizhou Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• guilin to pingan transportation

Longsheng Yesterday

transport from guilin airport to pingan...arriving guilin 1:00pm...what is cost of taxi...safe driver...is 2 days too much for pingan...dahzi

more
    • transport and driver

Nanchong Apr 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM

i need to travel from Nanchong to Ciangxi county about 100 km. I wish to hire transport and driver or is it cheap by taxi?

more
    • buying online

Guangzhou Apr 19, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Hi

I would like to buy stuff on line in Guangzhou. which site can I use?

more
    • long distance bus from Beijing to Luoyang

Luoyang Apr 20, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Does anyone know the bus schedule, length of trip and possibly the cost of a ticket from Beijing-Luoyang via long distance bus. Thank you

more
    • Tibet permit rule in 2014

Tibet Apr 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Is it true we Taiwan people can not travel with Chinese or western man? I read the notice on the site travelwestchina.com/news/531... Anybody here can clarify? I plan to join in my American friends' group.

more
    • Hiking from jinshanlin to Simitai without a guide?

China Apr 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hello,

I'm visiting Beijing this summer, and I really want to hike on the great wall from Jinshanlin to Simitai.Unfortunately, the organized trips are quite expensive.
      So my question to you is whether it is possible to hike this part of the great wall on your own. Or are there chances I might get lost or might not be able to fix transport?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Pieter

more
    • Bus from Nanning to Suzhou

Suzhou Apr 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Is there any bus from Nanning to Suzhou?

more
    • What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit

Zhangjiajie Apr 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit? We are going to What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit and were trying to find other places around there that might have Buddhist Caves or temples that are worth seeing.

thanks

more
    • 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

Lijiang Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

more
    • Pet's Accessories

Guangzhou Apr 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Where can I shop for retail pet's accessories in Guangzhou?

more
    • Thai food in Hangzhou

Hangzhou Apr 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What is the best Thai restaurant in Hangzhou?

more
    • Zhuhai - Qing Yuan

Qingyuan Apr 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

From which bus station in Zhuhai do I get a bus to Qing Yuan?

more
    • Life in Ningbo for an expat

Ningbo Mar 30, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hello,
      I have taught in China and Thailand but never Ningbo. How does it rate as far as a good place to live and teach for one from the USA that enjoys life and friends. How is the food and what about the level of pollution? What is the best and worst of Ningbo?
      Thanks, Wade

more
    • Billshng's Profile Photo

getting around Taishan

Taishan Mar 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Taishan is rather big but my grandparent village is Sai Chat, Nam Wah cheun (village), and it does not appear anywhere in the map. Any body knows where it is situated in Taishan (Hoisan)??

more
    • Intercon Resort Paradise Jiuzhaigou Hotel

Jiuzhaigou Mar 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this hotel within short walking distance to the National Park?

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Great Wall of China Badaling Section

China Apr 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi all! I'm going to China and part of the tour takes me to the Badaling section of the Great Wall. I only have 2 hours there :( and wondering what my best options are for getting some good photos and seeing the best part of the wall (from there obviously)...should I go north or south or ???? Am I best to take off and see how far I can get in almost an hour then wander back or ???? I'll arrive there at 5 pm - hoping it's not dark by then in mid May too. Any suggestions welcome. :)

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

advices needed for choosing travel agency

Tibet Apr 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM

we will travel to Tibet during September 2014 in a group. So far, we have 3 travel agencies had made their quotation to us. the price is almost the same. Therefore, we really need experts here to advice us, which has better reputation and services:

1. http://tibethighlandtours.com/
      2. http://www.tibettravel.com/
      3. http://www.tibetodysseytours.com/

Please advice us. Thanks!

more
    • Backpacking in China

China Mar 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM

My husband and I would like to travel to China backpacking. We are both British. I understand that we need an invitation. How can we obtain the invitation.
      Thank you
      Monika

more
    • btin's Profile Photo

Where to stay in ShenZhen - convenient & safe

Shenzhen Apr 19, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hi all
      We heading from HongKong to Shenzhen.
      Probably staying for 2 nites.
      Should we put up in Luohu area or Futian?
      Heard there is a Kai Li Hotel.
      Any advice is appreciated.

thanks/Christine

more
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Buying fast G train ticket right before departure (Beijing South to Shanghai)?

Beijing Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I will land in BJ early afternoon (from USA), but I do not want to pre-purchase a ticket (in case of miss it due to traffic etc.). Can I buy a ticket at the Beijing South train station for the immediate next departure train to Shanghai (I am an American)?

Or do I really have to pre-purchase online? Any suggestion on which website to buy (ctrip.com???). If I miss the train I have the ticket for, would it be too much trouble having to have the ticket (for the missed train) refund first, then but another one?

I am leaving tomorrow, any quick advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

more
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

Lijiang Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

more
    • 3 weeks in Hong-Kong, Guangzhou and Guilin

China Mar 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hello dear travellers!

Me and my friend are planing to go to the southern parts of China in mid November and stay there for three weeks. We want to spend approximately 1,5 weeks in the bigger cities such as Hong-Kong, Macau and Guangzhou and spend approximately 1,5 weeks on a trip in the countryside surrounding Guilin with the final destination of Guilin.

First of all we are wondering if this seems doable given our period of time.
      Secondly we would like to get feedback about these destinations and if there is anything special (sights, cities etc) in the vicinity that you'd recommend we see (or if there is any cities nearby that might be of more interest?)

Best regards
      The happy travellers Joactor

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Is China safe for 2 females travelling alone?

China Apr 18, 2014 at 4:10 AM

I will be going to China with my mother in May and wondered if it is safe to travel 'alone' as just 2 females down in southern China - Guilin/Yangshuo/Longsheng areas?? TIA :)

more
    • fraud, varifacation this is legitament

China Apr 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Ling Chen

Customer Care

Virtual Tourist Travels

Tel: (0086) 157-6889-8352 is this part of your company im tring to buy a vissa for my girlfriend they want me send money western union

more

Popular Guizhou Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• pinghu to nanjing

Pinghu Aug 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

what is the best way to go from pinghu to nanjing

1 Answer Aug 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    • Taxi from Juizhaigou to Huanglong

Huanglong Oct 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi.I would like to know how much does it cost for a taxi from Juizhaigou National Park to Huanglong? How long does the one way journey take too, as I intend to reach Huanglong by 7 am.Thank

1 Answer Oct 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Onward to Longsheng and Sanjiang

Guilin Mar 4, 2012 at 6:46 AM

5 years ago I tried to get to Yongding (near Longyan) by myself from Xiamen. It was a journey too far for me in just one day so I never got to see the Hakka communities

This Octocer I want to travel to Longsheng and Sanjiang but although i see I can take local busses I wonder if thats the best way. I don't mind having 2-3 days in the area but what is the best way to see villages (such as Kaili) alone? Maybe it is not possible

6 Answers Mar 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

any information regarding guanzhou

Guanzhou Jan 4, 2012 at 4:24 AM

My husband is traveling to Guanzhou on work and for some acu puncture treatment. Any information regarding Guanzhou (such as good places to eat, where and what to shop etc.) would be appreciated.
      thank you,

• ZHENYUAN FROM HUAIHUA

Guizhou Sheng Aug 25, 2011 at 12:07 AM

I am planning to go from Huaihua to Zhenyuan on a Saturday in November. Can anyone please tell me

1) What is the best way to go to Zhenyuan from Huaihua?
      2) How long does it take?
      3) How much does it cost?
      4) How often does the bus/train leave?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

1 Answer Sep 3, 2011 at 2:55 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Malinghe Canyon/Gorge/Valley

Xingyi Dec 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM

When I googled a search for lovely waterfalls in China that aren't too well known, this one came up. Looks awesome and very photogenic! Where can I find more info about it? I have been searching online for a while and only gleaned itty bits. Am I spelling it wrong? I want to plan a couple days in the area for September 2011 when I tour China again, and although I prefer to tour it on my own, I'll look at a tour if i have to. Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 6, 2010 at 3:54 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Train travel from Guilin to Shanghai

Guilin Sep 2, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I may visit Guilin, Longshen, and Guiyang but afterwards will move across to Nanjing. I see that trains go from Guilin to Shanghai and takes about 29hours. Is this recommended as a way to get to the east coast ? I know flying is quicker but the train journey would be a good experience i thought. So would it be easy to travel, without too many changes and interruptions, and is it a sleeper ? I would be travelling alone and am 57

3 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Zhenyuan Water Town--Black Dragon Cave

Kaili May 21, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Has anyone been here? I am thinking that it can be done as a day-trip from Guiyang, since there seems to be many trains from Guiyang to Zhenyuan proper (and back again). Is there any information on how to do the Wuyang river cruise to the Black Dragon Cave complex? I understand that the best part is to take photos from the river, and you can skip going through the buildings, so that's why I was considering doing it as a day trip from Guiyang (or any other city nearby that I can fly into from either Shanghai, Chengdu or Chongqing).

• Have you got any advise on tours from Shanghi

Hongzhou Feb 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I am wondering if you can recomend any tour companies operating out of shanghi , we plan to travel for 10 days late Mat 2010

4 Answers Mar 27, 2010 at 4:01 AM
    • peisia's Profile Photo

cheap hostel - nanning, anshun, liuzhi, xingyi

Guizhou Sheng Mar 5, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Hi There,
      Does anyone have cheap hostel to recommend in nanning, anshun, liuzhi and xingyi? Preferably Y40-60 per room?
      many thanks for your help!

• Tours to minority villages

Guilin Mar 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Hallo,
      Does anyone no if there are any organized tours from Guilin to the minority villages ie. Rongjiang/Chejiang/Sandu/Danzhai/Qingman / Kaili. I am the individual traveller and - for the transportation reasons - it would be easier to join some local tour to more distant destinations.

I am looking forward to any suggestions,
      Cheers,
      Pat

1 Answer Mar 4, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    • Guilin at the end of October

Guilin Oct 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Hi! I am planning a trip to Guilin at the end of October. Anyone can advise what's the weather/climate going to be like? Will it be wet and cold?

Thanks ^_^

2 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    • Hai Tao Hotel comments

Guanzhou Mar 4, 2008 at 4:04 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Guanzhou in April or May. I am considering to stay at Hai Tao Hotel, Tianhe District 208-210 Huang Pu Road West Tian He District.
      The places I may visit include Shiang Xia Jiu Rd, Beijing Rd, Haizhu Square.

Can someone please provide comments on this hotel. What about another hotel by the name of Guo Mao Hotel?

Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Mar 4, 2008 at 7:17 AM
    • MovingtoChina's Profile Photo

Airfare to LuoYang

Luoyang Feb 14, 2008 at 4:16 AM

Is there a 'high season' or 'low season' in China ?
      What is the most economical time to travel there (before and including July / August) ?
      Which airline would you suggest, going from the U.S. to China (ending in LuoYang)?

5 Answers Feb 16, 2008 at 2:37 AM
    • Skiing in Yulong

Yulong Oct 17, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Can anyone confirm that it is necessary to take a bus for one hour to get to the ski slope in Yulong? Many thanks!

• ellyse's Profile Photo

Chishui

Guizhou Sheng Sep 7, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Does anyone have anything to say about Chishui in Guizhou province? There's a dearth of information about that place: I've searched Lonely Planet's ThornTree travel forum, VirtualTourist's tips and also the forums/interactive section and destination guide of Ctrip.

A smallish group of us (2-5 people) would be visiting for October holiday week. We're all native Chinese speakers.

How many days should we spend in Chishui?

What would be the most convenient jumping-off point to get there -- Chongqing, Luzhou or Zunyi? Looking up the stuff on Ctrip, Chongqing -- Chishui buses are 4.5h, Luzhou -- Chishui 2.5h and Chongqing -- Luzhou 2.5h. :) All just part of research so far. Hongjiang in Hunan province would either be right before Chishui, or right after.

None of us are fans of long-distance bus travel in China unless absolutely necessary... especially sleeper buses. Thus essentially I'm looking for a hub that'd be relatively easy to reach from Hongjiang (via Huaihua?) and with a relatively short bus ride to Chishui.

Would appreciate tips/recommendations for accommodation (max of around 200 RMB for twin with ensuite), transport and sightseeing in general. Thanks in advance. :)

2 Answers Sep 18, 2007 at 10:14 AM
    • oritperi's Profile Photo

where to hire a driver on daily basis ?

Kaili Aug 28, 2007 at 5:02 AM

I would like to get information where to find a driver on daily basis to visit the minorities villages around kaili ?

where to stay in Zhenyuan and how to reach it ?

Orit

1 Answer Sep 17, 2007 at 9:39 PM
    • In china for first time

Guanzhou Apr 13, 2007 at 1:46 AM

Dear all . Vegetarian couple fro india english speaking only visiting canton fair . . please suggest following
      whole sale shopping areas. Indian restaurant .
      Is it possible to travel on metro, bus safely .
      Name Of agents indian origin Based in Guanzhou experiance of construction macinery equipment , material inspection , and shipping .
      english translator for wife and shopping .

regards sonny kapur .

• Weather in Bamboo Forest in Jan

Zunyi Nov 26, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Hello, We are hoping that you can help us. My daughter and I want to visit the bamboo forest near your city. We will be there around Jan. 26, 2007. Will the weather be cold then? How cold? Will you have snow? We are from Canada and are very excited to visit your city and bamboo forest. We hope that you can help us with your advice. Thank you, Dan and Sara

1 Answer Nov 29, 2006 at 11:39 AM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Guizhou for May holiday week!

Guizhou Sheng Apr 11, 2006 at 4:18 AM

My friends and I will be heading to Guizhou for the May holiday week. Our tentative plans are to depart Shanghai (plane/train) on 29/4 (Sat) and be back in Shanghai by 7/5 (Sun) night, or at the very latest, early morning 8/5 (Mon).

1) What are your best recommendations for sightseeing in Guizhou?
      1a) Ideally, we'd like to visit a Miao village, a Buyi village, a Shui village and a Dong village, without any repetition. I don't mind missing out Buyi and Shui villages due to time constraints, especially if they're not very photogenic... any opinions?
      1b) We'd also like to see 1 waterfall, 1 group of caves and enjoy 1 rafting experience. I've thought about going for Huangguoshu Waterfall, Zhijin Caves (instead of Longgong Caves) and the rafting at Maling River Gorge... any opinions? I've heard that the Zhijin Caves are not very well-run... If visiting Huangguoshu Waterfall, I'd ideally leave it till the end of the holiday week when there should be less tourists there.
      1c) It seems that northern Guizhou isn't very interesting, so I'm skipping that. Any other recommendations for the rest of Guizhou will be welcome!

2) Apart from me, there should be about at least 4 other friends coming along. The number of people coming along could increase by quite a lot, but I'm not keen on having such a big group, due to logistics problems! It's pretty hard to satisfy everyone in a big group, and also less freedom for everyone. If I had my way, I'd take only a maximum of 3 other friends, and that's it. Any ideas on how to manage this? Especially since I don't want to offend anyone by being rude...

3) Should we fly both ways, train both ways, or train and fly once each? I'm getting worried about the budget and time constraints! Train is cheaper, of course, but takes 33 hours each way; flying would be about 1500 RMB each way!

4) Any recommendations on where to hire a vehicle for 5-10 people? Driver recommendations will also be very welcome. Minivans seem to take a maximum of 9 people... :(

5) Any festivals during this period that'll be worth seeing? As far as my research shows, there're a number of festivals on 5/5 (Fri) as it's the 4th day of the 4th lunar month.

6) Any recommendations for where to stay will also be very welcome! :) We're on a student budget, so nothing too expensive.

Thanks in advance to all for any advice offered. Happy travelling!

• yukeying's Profile Photo

Yangshuo

Guilin Apr 10, 2006 at 12:11 AM

Hi,

How do u go to yangshuo fm Guilin, thanks.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    • tonyzheng's Profile Photo

invite to join a guizhou trip

Guiyang Apr 26, 2005 at 8:55 AM

hi,i am goint to have a trip to guizhou from May 1 to May 7.
      If any one who happen to go there within the above days would join in my travel,
      pls send me emails for the details.

email:tony@hzcnc.com

1 Answer Dec 12, 2005 at 8:16 PM