Guimaras Island Travel Answers

change location

Safety Travel

by ms_ngel0006 Online Now Apr 11, 2008 at 7:26 AM

Is it safe to travel to Guimaras in this coming month of May ?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Re: Safety Travel

by bulldogtwo Online Now Apr 12, 2008 at 5:06 AM

Not really sure what you are referring to, but there are two issues that you should be made aware of.
    First this is the beginning of the monsoon season and if you are travelling via ship/ferry it is much riskier. I would suggest air/bus modes. Weather will also effect the time that you can spend outside doing what you want to do, however it usually does not rain all day, but you wont always have sunny blue skies either.
    Second, not a lot of info on this but there was recently an oil spill in the Guimaras area. I also have not looked up info on the net concerning this so not really sure how much info is on this or how bad it really is. The report that I saw said that it was effecting resorts, and there was an interview with a resort owner who stated that they only had one customer and this was peak tourist season.
    I would suggest you be in touch with someone, the resort that you are thinking about staying with and ask what the conditions are.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Yla's Profile Photo

Re: Safety Travel

by Yla Online Now Apr 12, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Hi. May is still a summer month. There may be scattered rains here and there, but should not stop your boat trip to Guimaras from Iloilo. It will only be 15 minutes anyway, and not in the general direction of the open sea. Otherwise a couple of hours delay shouldn't spoil your trip.
    :-) :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Guimaras Island