Guilin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nanning transport

Nanning Mar 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What's the coach fare from Nanning to Bama longevity village and travelling time as well as what frequency ? Thanks on advance for a response.

more
    • Guilin, Longsheng to Yangshou

by chewy1203 Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 2:34 AM

hey guys,

I will be traveling to Guilin alone next week and I only have 6 days.

My itinerary is as below:
      Day 1 - Arrive at Guilin. Take bus to Longsheng. Overnight at Longsheng.
      Day 2 - Travel back to Guilin by bus. Overnight at Guilin.
      Day 3 - Travel to Yongshou by boat. Overnight at Yongshou.
      Day 4 - Travel back to Guilin by bus. Overnight at Guilin.
      Day 5 - Free and easy at Guilin.
      Day 6 - Depart.

Would like to know how can I get to Yangshuo from Guilin by boat and back to Guilin by bus. How much are the fares?

I know there are quite a number of buses travel from Guilin to Longsheng every 30 mins. What about from Longsheng back to Guilin? What's the schedule for the buses back to Guilin.

I'm running short of time.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!

5 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    • ilovehospitality's Profile Photo

Titanic 3D Video

by ilovehospitality Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM

in GUILIN, or nearby city only please! Which store can I buy this video: Titanic 3D Video ? Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • Private Taxi for rice fields / overnight train from Guilin to Shenzhen

by NadjaEyrich Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Please could someone help. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young children arriving in Guilin at the beginning of September 2013. We would like to spend the 1st night in Guilin (as our flight arrives at night) and make our way to the rice fields the following morning. We would like to avoid other tourist as much as possible however get to see the various villages and spend some time with the locals. As we have 2 young children, it will be difficult to do any long hiking trips.

We have had so many various quotes for private taxi driver for the day, however it seems so expensive! Please could someone give me an idea of a realistic price we can expect to pay for a driver for the day. After our visit to the rice fields, we need our driver to take us to our hotel in Yangshuo.

Is it worth considering only having a taxi take us from Guilin and drop us off at Dazhai and we make our own way around the villages. How much would this taxi cost us and will it be easy enough for us to get a taxi back to Yangshuo?

How much can we expect to pay for a taxi from Dazhai to Yangshuo?

Are there any other villages around the rice fields that are less visited by tourists that you would recommend for us to see?

I also have another question:
      We would like to book an overnight soft sleeper train from Guilin to Shenzen. Please could someone let me know what the train number is, what time it leaves Guilin and also how much the 4 soft sleeper carriage costs. How can I book this from overseas?

Thank you so much,
      Nadia

6 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • brekk2's Profile Photo

Moving to Guilin - spiders?

by brekk2 Online Now Apr 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Hi All! I'm thinking about moving to Guilin, so did my research on the city. Accidentally, I read some stories online where travellers said they encountered huge spiders in their accomodation (hotels and apartments). I don't panic much about nonvenomous, small spiders, though I still dislike them, but one of my biggest fear is that I will encounter a spider in my room that is way too big to be killed with my slippers.... Did any of you had any unpleasant experience with such creatures in the city? Was it because the place wasn't cleaned properly or is this an everyday thing? Thanks!

9 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    • Bus from Guilin airport to Liuzhou

by apenan Online Now Sep 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Dear fellow Vts....Do you know if there is any bus service at Guilin airport directly to Liuzhou? Thanks.

6 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

How Long to Stay

by soundchaseruk Online Now May 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I visited Yangshuo in 2007 for 3 days and will return to Guilin in October and stay in a hostel. I want to travel in this area but am a lone traveller.

I want some advise. I have 2 weeks in China and this will be my 2nd week. I fly out from HK at the end of my travels, so would 6 nights be too long in Guilin or should I stay maybe 3 and move on. With not much time to spare I do not want to spend my time travelling too much. If there are many places to visit around Guilin then I might find it better relaxing there.

If there are places of interest on the route back to HK anyone might recommend that might be an option too

4 Answers Jul 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    • Looking for general ideas or help knowing the best way to enjoy Guilin and Yangshuo

by timba Online Now Jan 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Hoping there's someone out there that can help us with some ideas for best enjoying our time in Guilin and Yangshuo.
      We are going to be flying in around the 1st of March. We have no time line so can plan any amount of time wherever.
      Some basic questions would be. 1. Best way to get from airport to hotel.2. Any recommendations for a nice hotel 3 or 4 star type. 3. Taking the river down to Yangshuo (best place to buy tx). 4. Hotel stay in Yangshuo. 5 Things to do in Yangshuo. We would like to bicycle around the country side. 6. How to get from Yangshuo to the Guilin airport. Or, training from Guilin/Yangshuo to Guangzhou.

I know this is a lot to ask but any help would be greatly apreciated.

Safe travels to all,

Greg & Jane

8 Answers May 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Urgent weather updates needed from VT members, please!!!!

by marcus_gsh Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Hi all,

I will travel for holiday from 23 August until 1 September 2011.
      Heard from my friend, 桂林 漓江 阳朔 is arid now but from online weather forecast, it rain everyday. I'm not sure which info is real.

Anyone from Guilin can tell me the actual situation there?

Regards
      Marcus

1 Answer Aug 18, 2011 at 12:54 AM
    • wilocrek's Profile Photo

Boat Cruise and Train info

by wilocrek Online Now May 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM

What is the cheapest boat tours available? Also does anyone know the train schedule from Xian to Guilin and how to book a ticket? Thanks

1 Answer May 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    • lizzieban's Profile Photo

need ideas

by lizzieban Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM

so after reading a bit of this forum I have decided my stay of 6 nights in Guilin is going to be too long???
      better off in Yangshuo??
      early oct.. nice temp??

2 Answers May 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    • limct's Profile Photo

Guangzhou to Guilin - best way to travel

by limct Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 5:58 AM

Hi, my husband may be going to Guangzhou for business trip in the next two months. Our plan is this - i will meet him there and we will go Guillin together. Would you please advise what is the best way to travel? Would you advise we stay 1 night in Guilin or we can head straight to Yangshou? Any cost saving tips would be very much appreciated =)

13 Answers May 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

is it a good season to visit GuangXi in march?

by 9tigers Online Now Dec 4, 2010 at 10:50 AM

will it be cold? too crowded?
      what are the must for me to visit if time is not a lot for us.
      we will arrive on train from BJ to Guilin. prob stay for one night, then what do I need to go from there?
      1) YangShuo first? stay 1 night or 2?
      2) li river? do I do this before Yangshuo
      3) longsheng

whatelse are the must? should I use bus for most of my traveling in GUangXi?
      is it easy to buy bus ticket on the spot?

I CAN READ CHINESE JUST DO NOT TYPE WELL :) so U CAN ANSWER ME IN CHINESE

4 Answers Dec 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    • airport taxi

by jesshew Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Hi! I'm making hotel reservations to stay one night in downtown guilin. The online booking service offered to arrange an airport "see-off service" on the morning we leave. The price they offered is 450 RMB for one vehicle. Can't I find a taxi for less than that? Even at 6am?

Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 23, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    • Visit Guilin in December

by BobyTan Online Now Sep 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Planning to visit Guilin in Dec with my family. Is this good time to visit ?
      Thanks in advance for any advices.

8 Answers Dec 2, 2010 at 11:36 PM
    • Saxman92's Profile Photo

Rice harvest in Longji / Ping'an

by Saxman92 Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I will be in Guilin and Yanshuo from the 15 to 20th of October. I would love to see and photograph the rice terraces in Longji it they are not completely harvested by then. I have read that typically the rice harvest starts end of September but haven't found anything about how long it takes until everything is cut and what the expected dates are for this year, if it varies.

I would hate to have dedicated 2 days for the region and find just plain earth. Does anyone have good information in what condition the terraces will be this year mid October, or what they looked like in previous years if it tends to be pretty similar every year?

1 Answer Sep 14, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    • solo in Guilin

by canadianwolfinottawa Online Now Sep 4, 2010 at 5:46 PM

staying at shangri la hotel ..what is the cost of a taxi to get to the western boat li cruise docking site?

what does a typical taxi cost to get back to Guilin fron the end of cruise point of the Li River cruise ?

can you see comerant evening fishing in Yangshou or should you look for it in Guilin

2 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    • Trip to Guilin inJanuary

by Joycehoostyne Online Now Sep 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I have just booked a trip to Guilin with my 6o year old mother in January next year. I am just being told that January is a BAD BAD time to visit Guilin as the weather is going to be trementrously cold. I am beginning to regret my decision to book the trip and contemplating cancelling the tickets and loose all my money.

Can anybody give me some advice to go ahead or not? Being a first timer to China, i have no idea at all regarding winter and being Malaysian, we have no winter here! Will it be too cold to travel? can my mom withstand the weather? will we be able to enjoy the place since it is so cold? Please advise.Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    • Japanese encephalitis vaccination

by Lad_uk Online Now Aug 29, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hi,

I'll be visiting Guilin and Yangshou for a total of 8 nights with a day trip to Longsheng to see the rice terraces in November. Is it advisable to get the japanese encephalitis vaccination? From what I've read it sounds like its advisable when there's coexisting rice and pig farming. Pretty sure that I'll be OK in Guilin as its more built up but Yangshou and Longsheng are more rural. Doing the typical tourist sites will I be OK without the vaccination?

Thanks.

26 Answers Sep 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    • Guilin or Yangshou

by DoeNut Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I will fly into Guilin late at night and I have only one full day before I leave again. I came to float the River and see the peaks. I have a hotel reservation in Yangshuo but now I realize that I will need to take a cab for over an hour to Yangshuo to get to my hotel and then get another ride for 40 minutes to float the river. Then I'll need to drive another hour back to Guilin the next morning to catch my plane. I wanted to do a raft instead of a big touristy boat but I wonder if I have created a bunch of extra travel time for myself. Does anyone have an opinion about the logistics of this? Should I just stay in Guilin, float down and hang out with a tour in Yangshuo and return with the tour to Guilin? Is it too much work to try and get a good float in from Yangshou for just one day in the area? Thanks!

8 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 6:27 AM
    • train travel to gualin

by kelvin.north Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I am trying to organise train travel from Guangzhou to Gualin and need to know what you actuall get with "soft bottom sleeper", do you actually get a private cubical or just a bunk with curtain?
      We think we need to take the K36/37 from Guangzhou and would like to know if you need to change trains as I would have to that in the middle of the night. Also I saw a reference to someone taking the T38 from Guangzhou to Gualin however the time tables I saw seamed to indicate that the T38 ran from Shenzhen to guailin but didnt list a stop in Guangzhou. Can anyone give me any advice.
      Thanks
      kelvin

3 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 6:04 AM
    • Hello

by ChrisShanghai Online Now Jul 9, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Me and a few friends are planning to travel to Guilin on August 9.

Is this a good time to go?

Could you please recommend some activities for us.

Cheers

CC

3 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    • trip to Guilin

by v.spicecircle Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Hello can any one guide me for a tour package for three nights at Guilin, from travel agents its turning out to be very expensive. We are two adults & a kid. we will be reaching Guilin from Shenzhen on 2'nd july 2010 & will be back to Shenzhen on 5'th July.

I need hotel package and sight seeing package.

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 12, 2010 at 11:35 PM
    • Taxi costs

by Lad_uk Online Now May 5, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the approximate cost of a taxi from Guilin airport to the town centre and also from the town centre to Reed Flute Cave and back again?

Thanks

8 Answers May 10, 2010 at 6:03 AM
    • Guilin-Yangshuo tour service needed...

by sfcutelyn Online Now Apr 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Hi there,

Can I know the charges for any tour service for 1 day in Guilin and another day in Yangshuo for 2 person? As, we are going to stay in Yangshuo(hotel booked) but we need at least a day trip tour service in Guilin. Any recommendation for a nice & budget local tour guide?

Please note that we only need tour service. (Exclude accommodation)Thx!

6 Answers May 7, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    • Drought in Quilin

by wannyu Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I will be going to Quilin on 28th Mar for 3 nights,and I heard that the drought situation there is rather serious and that the River cruise and the Shows arecancelled.
      Can someone advise me regarding this and if they are cancelled can you help me with suggestions of how to make up for them.

3 Answers May 11, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    • Liu Shanjia show

by wannyu Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Im booked to saty in Quilin for 3 nights. I wish to see the Liu Shanjia show in Yangshou. Is it possibleto see the show there but stay in Quilin city?

6 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    • How long roughly should I be spending here?

by Yathushan.Sivarajah Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM

In Guilin, I will be visiting the following places. I was just wondering how many days should I roughly be spending in altogether here?

Li River
      Elephant Trunk Hill
      Diecai Hill
      Seven Star Park
      Reed Flute Cave

5 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 1:22 AM
    • drhats's Profile Photo

Guide cum transport for Guilin Yansghuo

by drhats Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Hi

I will be bringing a group of 6 pax arriving in Guilin
      We intend to stay 3N in Guilin (Fubo Hotel) upon arrival from Malaysia
      Then we would like to stay in Yangshuo ; 2N in (Yangshuo Mountain Retreat) and next 2N in (Rosewood Inn).
      Can anyone provide me with contact for a private (English speaking)local guide and transport for us for during our 8D 7N stay?

Thank you

Francis

2 Answers Feb 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    • Help with my itinerary

by Lad_uk Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to arrive into Guilin around the first week in November to see a part of China that I've always wanted to see. After doing some reading, I discovered that Guilin itself is actually NOT the place to visit for the beautiful scenery but a town called Yangshuo and also a place called Longsheng. However, it seems that Guilin does have some interesting places to visit as well.

I've therefore split the places to visit into Guilin, Yangshuo and Longsheng. Is this the best combination to have to make the most of my time in this area? My plan is to spend about 10 days in this area after coming from Hong Kong.

So far, these are the places that I would like to see whilst in this area:

Guilin :
      Seven Star Park
      Elephant Trunk Hill
      Reed Flute Cave
      Fubo Hill
      Solitary Beauty Peak
      Central Square
      Folded Brocade Hill

Yangshuo:
      Yangshou Park
      Moon Hill
      West St
      Big Banyan Tree
      Greenlotus Peak
      Silver Cave
      See Corrmorant Fishing
      Li River Cruise
      Yulong Bridge

LongSheng:
      Dragon Backbone Terraces

How many days should I allow in each town to see the places I've listed?
      What is the best way to organise my days to see these places?
      Are there anymore places to consider or should I remove some from my list?
      Is the beginning of November a good time to visit Guilin? I've been to Hong Kong around October and November before and found the weather ideal but is it also good in Guilin?
      Should I base myself in Guilin for a few days and then move onto Yangshuo?

Thanks for any advice!

13 Answers Nov 18, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    • Best time of the year to visut Guilin area, Dali, Lijang ?

by menzio Online Now Jan 16, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Originally we planned end April-May, but from many comments we read it looks like there is a lot of rainy days.... Now we are thinking that November could be a good alternative.
      We would appreciate all suggestions concerning this item.
      Thanks a lot.
      Gina from Rome

7 Answers Feb 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM