Guernsey

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Moving to Guernsey

Guernsey Jul 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Hi, I am thinking of moving to Guernsey. I am 28, single, and my current social life involves working a 9-6, playing football mid week, Fridays going out drinking, Saturday being hungover, and Sunday I spend a day brewing my own beer (a hobby of mine). I have a large group of social friends in London(uni and school), but I would say I meet up with them every Friday/Saturday. I like to visit my family every 2 months or so in Brighton.

Is Guernsey a good place to move for a profile like me! Is it easy to make a social group of friends there? Thanks

more
    • ashipway's Profile Photo

Ferry to Guernsey

by ashipway Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM

We had hoped to travel to Guernsey from St Malo mid week and stay 2 nights in May 2014. All my research only shows ferry timetables for travel Friday to Monday. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    • yvgr's Profile Photo

Coastal walks

by yvgr Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Hi,

We are planning a first time visit to Guernsey in July next year and would like tips on nice coastal walks. We are experienced walkers. Would also be nice to know if there are any snakes on Guernsey or other dangerous animals except from ordinary cattle to watch out for..
      I'll rate all answers to my question. Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    • GilesH's Profile Photo

Available accommodations....Its last minute, but I need help if possible

by GilesH Online Now Sep 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hey everybody. I'm travelling to Guernsey via Ferry on the 19th September for 4 nights with my lady friend, but I cannot seem to find affordable accommodation. Ideally, I'm looking for somewhere in St Peter Port, or near to it and has a couch, if possible, as we are looking to budget and would like separate sleeping areas....Can anybody help? I'm looking to spend no more than £400

3 Answers Sep 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    • bebang828's Profile Photo

Glad to befriend Filipinos in Guernsey or even Guernsey locals

by bebang828 Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Hi! My name is Babes from the "Pearl of the Orient Seas", Philippines, an entrepreneur. I was amazed by the beautiful tourist spots in Guernsey. Can I be a friend to Filipinos who are staying in Guernsey or even Guernsey locals? Hope to visit your country sometime. Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    • McGeachyN's Profile Photo

accomadation

by McGeachyN Online Now Apr 12, 2005 at 7:46 AM

We are planning our 1st visit to Guernsey in July - 05. We plan to stay in St. Peter Port because the town sounds interesting & has close by access to Herm & Sark. We only have 4 days which, I am sure, will be too short. From the web, i have noted the Yacht Inn, which seems ideal as it is central and on the water. Wondered if any1 has any experience with this hotel or if there are others that are recommended? Rate is 43 pounds pp/night.
      Also, we are pretty well rounded and enjoy hiking, museams etc. Are there any must see sights or attractions that we should not miss?
      Thx in advance,
      Neil & Sue - Canada

6 Answers Apr 1, 2007 at 3:30 PM