Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Guernsey Travel Answer Locations

• ashipway's Profile Photo

Ferry to Guernsey

Guernsey Oct 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM

We had hoped to travel to Guernsey from St Malo mid week and stay 2 nights in May 2014. All my research only shows ferry timetables for travel Friday to Monday. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    • price of unleaded petrol

Guernsey Oct 8, 2013 at 4:16 AM

What is the current (October 2013) price of unleaded petrol in Guernsey?

1 Answer Oct 8, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    • Lace/haberdashery

Guernsey Oct 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Where can I buy lace trimming in Guernsey, please?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 2:13 AM
    • whiskey prices

Guernsey Sep 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM

what price are single malt whiskies

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • Moving to Guernsey

Guernsey Aug 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Hello, I have been with my fiancée a long time now and I am planning on moving to Guernsey to move in to her flat with her.. I don't really understand open market and local market nor do I understand how I would be able to obtain relevant licences to live and work. If some one could write down a short dummy's guide to get me on the right track that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    • yvgr's Profile Photo

Coastal walks

Guernsey Jul 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Hi,

We are planning a first time visit to Guernsey in July next year and would like tips on nice coastal walks. We are experienced walkers. Would also be nice to know if there are any snakes on Guernsey or other dangerous animals except from ordinary cattle to watch out for..
      I'll rate all answers to my question. Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    • ChantalAnstey's Profile Photo

hand painted glass shop

Guernsey Mar 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hi does anyone know the name or contact details of a hand painted glass shop in St Peters Port Guernsey - it is up a small side street and run by an Australian artist called Sharrel, We bought some tumblers with yellow guernsey cows on them and would like some more. Any contact details would be great, thanks

• Moving to guernsey

Guernsey Jan 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Im a single mum and thinking of moving to guernsey?
      How would life be there for me and my daughter?
      I'm a hairdresser/beauty therapist would I be able to get work?
      Any good salons you could recomend for work?
      How would working mobile be on the island are there many people offering this?
      Housing how expensive would it be for rent?
      Is there a website offering house sharing?
      All answers would be gratefully received
      Thanks x

3 Answers Jan 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • GilesH's Profile Photo

Available accommodations....Its last minute, but I need help if possible

Guernsey Sep 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hey everybody. I'm travelling to Guernsey via Ferry on the 19th September for 4 nights with my lady friend, but I cannot seem to find affordable accommodation. Ideally, I'm looking for somewhere in St Peter Port, or near to it and has a couch, if possible, as we are looking to budget and would like separate sleeping areas....Can anybody help? I'm looking to spend no more than £400

3 Answers Sep 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    • car rental

Guernsey Aug 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Hello, does anyone know what happens re fuel when renting a car on Guernsey. Europcar site says they put in half a tank of fuel and they estimate your usage on car type and length of hire. I do not understand what they are trying to say. In other countries for instance the car comes with a full tank of petrol and you return car with a full tank of petrol. Can anyone help me.
      Thank you Denise

1 Answer Aug 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    • can I take food

Guernsey Aug 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Hi, will be traveling to Guernsey from England on holiday. Am I allowed to take some of my own food into Guernsey such as cheese, bacon, butter, coffee. Many thanks Denise

3 Answers Aug 28, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    • Accommodation

Guernsey Jun 14, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Hi, does anyone know of any long term guest houses or self catering accommodation, that is value for money? Looking to stay until the end of August Thank you

• Thanks re car rental .Query taxis

Guernsey Apr 29, 2012 at 4:27 AM

Thank you for your replies re car rental.
      Are there plenty of taxi's available at the airport to get us to St Martin. Thanks again

1 Answer Apr 29, 2012 at 4:42 AM
    • car rental

Guernsey Apr 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Coming to Guernsey for a week in August. Wondering if we need to hire a car or can you get round easy via bus and walking. Staying in St Martin. Thanks

3 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    • Visiting Guernsey next month

Guernsey Apr 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi, we are visiting the island next month and have a couple of queries. We are arriving by ferry, with our car. Can anyone tell me how much diesel costs now. Also, one day we are flying to Alderney for a day trip. Is there parking at the airport and, when we get to Alderney any idea how we get round the island.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    • moving our family to Guernsey

Guernsey Mar 5, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Hi, my husband is thinking of applying for a Headteacher's job in Guernsey. he's English, I'm French and we have 2 children aged 7and 5and a half. Has anybody been in the same situation? How easy is it to move to Guernsey? are the locals friendly and welcoming? I'm a languages teacher and also do translations, how easy would it be for me to find a job? What about travelling to France and to the UK? Are there regular ferries? Are they expensive? What about flights? Sorry for bombarding you with questions but it's a big decision to make and any insight into the island's life and advice would be very much appreciated. Merci ;)

3 Answers Mar 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    • bkk_kd's Profile Photo

Potato Peel Pie

Guernsey Dec 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I've searched with no luck so far: Does any restaurant or pub in St. Peter Port serve potato peel pie and, if so, which?

Having known nothing about Guernsey, but for having the good fortune that a stop in St. Peter Port is on our ship's itinerary, I picked up a copy of "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" and am now really looking forward to visiting Guernsey, however brief my visit will be.

While there, I'd like to try potato peel pie, even if it's made just for us tourists. Thank you in advance and happy holidays.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM
    • Help please

Alderney Oct 16, 2011 at 4:07 AM

We will be visiting Alderney next year and will be eating out each evening (we are in self-catering accommodation).

We have been to the island on several occasions and love the food but now my husband has to walk with an aid and is unable to get up and down steps/stairs.

I know The Barn and the Moorings are on the level, as is Braye Beach Hotel, but are any of the other restaurants "friendly" to someone like my husband. I do hope so.

• nand64's Profile Photo

Guernsey Helicopter Tours?

Guernsey Jun 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Does anyone know of any companies that offer helicopter tours in Guernsey?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2011 at 1:00 AM
    • 1 day on Guernsey

Guernsey Jun 21, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Hi,

I'm going to Guernsey as a day return foot passenger from Weymouth in mid-September. Have never been to Guernsey, and I do intend to return later for a much longer stay. This is just a brief trip to get a taste of what's there to see and do.

I plan to explore St. Peter Port and take bus rides around the island. However, it occurs to me that possibly the weather won't be very good. Are there museums and places where I can spend some time inside, if necessary?

And have you any suggestions for must-see's or must-do's? Guernsey only, please, as I have such a limited time and would go to Sark and Herm on a later trip.

Thanks very much.

Cathy

6 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM
    • How far is it from Le Friquet Country Hotel in Castel to Northside, Vale?

Guernsey Jan 29, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Hi,

I have some operatives due to commence work at the northside, vale on Monday and im looking at putting them in a hotel in Castel. Can anybody tell me how long it will take them to travel via car to the top of the island?

Prompt responses would be greatly appreciated, as i need to book a hotel for them today.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca

4 Answers Jan 29, 2009 at 2:25 AM
    • bebang828's Profile Photo

Glad to befriend Filipinos in Guernsey or even Guernsey locals

Guernsey Sep 4, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Hi! My name is Babes from the "Pearl of the Orient Seas", Philippines, an entrepreneur. I was amazed by the beautiful tourist spots in Guernsey. Can I be a friend to Filipinos who are staying in Guernsey or even Guernsey locals? Hope to visit your country sometime. Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    • Moving to Guernsey with children

Guernsey Jun 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM

Hi - possibly moving to Guernsey from NZ with husband and 2 children aged 2 and 3.5 for a year in the next few months.

Can anyone help out with information on what sort of things there are available to sign up for. They are in kindergarten from 3 in NZ and I want to get them out and about meeting other children as soon as we arrive. Do any good day cares exist if I want to do part time work, or playcentres?

Thanks in advance.
      Megan

• Passing through Guersey to France

Guernsey Feb 10, 2008 at 8:28 PM

I have a day stopover in Guernsey on a cruise. I would like to get off the cruise in Guernsey (the cruise ends the next day in Dover), and then take a ferry to Saint Malo in France. I don't know how to go through immigration and customs in Guernsey and then exit for France. The Guernsey website talks about 15% customs charge on my possession, including clothes. Would this apply to me as a one-day visitor? Can anyone help me? Thanks so much.

2 Answers Feb 11, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    • Pl advise

Guernsey Jul 17, 2007 at 5:59 AM

I would like to know how to go, preferably by bus, from the airport to Duke of Richmond hotel at cambridge Park and then to Hirzel House, then on to Glategny esplanade and then on to where Safeway supermarket used to be.

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 18, 2007 at 10:05 AM
    • katafei's Profile Photo

Bitch 'n Stitch

Guernsey May 18, 2007 at 3:24 AM

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who can give me the address of a good '*** 'n Stitch' i.e. a habberdasher with good quality knitting products, in Guernsey?

Much obliged,

Marian

• Accommodation

Saint Peter Port Apr 1, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Hi,
      I really need some help in choosing the right place to stay in St Peter Port. My husband and I do not want 5 star rating. We would ideally like a small cosy family run place, preferably by people who have lived on the island for a while, if not all their lives.
      We would like to be in or very near to the centre as we will not have a car, but use public transport.
      Any help or information appreciated.
      Kind regards
      Jackie

3 Answers May 18, 2007 at 3:21 AM
    • Desperately seeking nice, chic pub with big fire to stay in!

Guernsey Mar 13, 2007 at 1:43 PM

I have never been to Guernsey and am trying to find a lovely chic pub with nice rooms that isn't chintzy and a nice fire if possible (very precise requirement I know!) for a romantic weekend for the May bank holiday. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Apr 8, 2007 at 5:05 AM
    • Maybe moving to Guernsey

Guernsey Jan 11, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Hi, I am currently based in London but my company may be moving to Guernsey. Now I only know a few things about Guernsey - nice climate, governs itself?? Tax haven, second biggest of the channel islands etc etc. I am 29 my girlfriend is 25 - what is there to do in Guernsey - what is the nightlife like, what is it like to eat out? House prices?? where are the best places to live? What is the cost of living like? What do you do on a saturday night - how do you get around the Island - as you can see I really have not got a clue, this was dumped on me this week and I am open to a change of life but I would like to know what I am letting myself in for. I would appriciate anything that anyone could tell me.I play golf and also like to surf - can i do these on the island? Looking forward to hearing back from anyone.

1 Answer Apr 8, 2007 at 4:57 AM
    • virtual office

Sark Aug 28, 2006 at 10:57 AM

I am seeking a company that offers virtual offices or a mail drop service for Sark? A street mailing address (not a PO Box) to receive and forward mail with.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2006 at 1:48 AM