Gudvangen Travel Answers

change location
manuna's Profile Photo

Vicking Village

by manuna Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 1:04 AM

I'm a little bit confused. I was planning to visit a vicking village in Gudvangen. I remember that I saw a note that it is open until August 15th.
fjordnorway.com/en/ATTRACTIO...
But today when I decided to look for details I found this information, that it is not constructed yet. http://www.myspace.com/vikingvillage
Or are these different places ? Or someone is wrong?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • hexelein's Profile Photo

Re: Vicking Village

by hexelein Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 1:46 AM

It seems to be the same thing, and not yet a physical reality. However, there is a Viking market there now (13th to 18th July). Sounds like it could be worth going to have a looksee.

vikingvalley.no/wb/pages/hom...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Viking Village

by kvikk Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I can understand that you are confused based on those web pages. I have no information about this project beyond what can be found on the web.

What seems certain is that there is a Viking market on the site between July 13th and 18th. There is a Facebook group for this event here: facebook.com/group.php?gid=4... It seems this market is arranged by the same people responsible for building the viking village.

You could post a question on the Wall for the above Facebook group to find out if there is anything of interest for you at this site at the time you plan to visit.

• manuna's Profile Photo

Re: Vicking Village

by manuna Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Thank you for advice.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Gudvangen