Guaymas Travel Answers

change location
GPintransit's Profile Photo

Guaymas and San Carlos information

by GPintransit Online Now Mar 29, 2004 at 11:16 AM

I'm planning a trip to San Carlos, ten miles away from Guaymas, end of April any information as to lodging, hotels, fishing would be of great assistance. Thank you in advance for your assistance. GPintransit

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Guaymas and San Carlos information

by Mahudi Online Now Mar 29, 2004 at 5:16 PM

Hello: San Carlos, a paradise. Guaymas is OK. Stay there to save. San Carlos has great prices if you look. Try the former Club Med, now called Club Paradiso. Horses, beach and more. Eat at places where locals eat. Better food and better prices. Do not miss The Mirador for sunset, or horseback riding for a fantastic sunset. Say hi to the beautiful french girl that runs the rentals. Get ready to do nothing. Visit the place where The Zorro was filmed. Incredible place. Enjoy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Guaymas and San Carlos information

by Chaz351 Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 1:23 PM

I've just returned from a 5 month vacation in Guaymas, it is beautiful country, takes some getting used to though. Enjoy the wonderful heritage and friendly folks, the food is great, but I'm hesitant to eat anything cooked by the bay. Great places to shop for neccesities is at "Ley" or "Mercado Soriana". Novelty shopping can be done all up and down the main strip of "Serdan", many vendors with just about anything you can immagine, and just off the strip are many outlets accomodating all tastes and fashions for memorabilia. To stop and have a quick bite, I suggest at the corner of Serdan and Calle (street) 19th, two wonderful sisters ,Patti and Reyna and they're older brother George (he speaks helpful English and can help you around), he's a short chubby wonderful man, they have tacos and burritos for 30 cents a pop, greatest price in town and wonderful food. Miramar beach is a great spot to watch Dolphins in the mornings when the sun is shining from behind you, the water is crystal blue clear and very warm, watch the signs for directions. San Carlos is a visiting destination only of mine, the prices are higher, but because it is a great spot, we went there almost daily, up the highway through town, you'll come to a fork that leads to a beautiful overlook of the Cortez Sea, here we watched Dolphins, and much to our amazement seen Killer Whales almost every visit, my children and I were in tears the 1st time we saw these beautiful mammals, it is breathtaking! There is many spots to visit here. It isn't a big place, but is very big everywhere in beauty. Also, stay away from the tap water, carry filtered water, napkins in your pockets for dining, drive slow through both cities ( streets are treacherously terrible}, and always have a roll of toilet paper in your car , most public restrooms dont provide these luxuries! Have a great time, and email me upon your return or before you go, for more information, and your results....chaz351@msn.com.''Charlie"

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines