Guayaquil Travel Answers

change location

Guayaquil versus Quito

by erythrotis Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 10:31 PM

I am planning a trip to Ecuador in the next few weeks. I intend to do a lot of birding, visit the Galapagos, and join the Quito Hash House Harriers for a run and some fun. While I expect to do a bit of the typical touristy shopping, it is the least important thing on my list of things to do. Likewise fancy resturants and hotels are not especially important. I was wondering what the advantages, if any, of flying into Guayaquil versus Quito might be. I expect to rent a car so I could always drive into Quito if/when I need to. The price of the airline ticket is the same either way, and I just want to make sure I go to the most appropriate place.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

RE: Guayaquil versus Quito

by vtveen Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 12:28 AM

bookmark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Quito

by GustavoPfeil Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 7:58 AM

Is possible to rent a car but you must consider that we don’t have a good signals in Ecuador that is a problem but if you have a good map can help you
    About internal fly tickets is not a problem actually we have several air lines between
    Quito-Guayaquil-Cuenca especially
    If you want I have a 4x4 Toyota and I am making tours in Ecuador
    My e-mail is paloraex@uio.satnet.net
    The best regards
    Gustavo

• metteks's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Guayaquil versus Quito

by metteks Online Now Sep 17, 2006 at 9:55 PM

Fly into Quito and go visit Mindo 3 hours away. Great for birding, in fact some claim it to be the best birding spot in South America.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Guayaquil versus Quito

by easterntrekker Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 2:29 PM

Hi we stayed in both Quito and Guayaquil. Liked Quito better. More to see too.

• RE: Guayaquil versus Quito

by rose44556 Online Now Feb 27, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Hi,
    Ive only been to Quito but will e going to guayaquil soon...flights much cheaper! If you havent got fligths i recommend www.dialaflight.co.uk, theyve given me a round trip going to guayaquil and returning from lima for £366 + tax (about £550 all in). In terms of birding, check out rainforest concern (http://www.rainforestconcern.org/). They are a charity and run lots of eco-tourism lodges. I stayed at santa lucia (http://www.santaluciaecuador.com/) and they have amazing birding. I was there to do volunteer work and return in a few weeks but saw lots of humming birds and visited a 'cock of the rock' lek. They are well known for birding and have other lodges too. Lots are up in the cloudforest and are amazing, I highly recommend it.
    Have a nice trip,
    Rose

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines