Guayaquil Travel Answers

change location

2 or 3 days in Guayaquil - what to do?

by kira11 Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 3:58 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm going to spend 2 or 3 days in Guayaquil in mid / end November (so that is very soon). Has anyone got any suggestions what I can do there? I'm not so interested in museums and churches...
Thanks a lot!

Kiki

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • jve's Profile Photo

RE: 2 or 3 days in Guayaquil - what to do?

by jve Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 6:36 AM

Las Penas is a nice area to walk in the evenings. There is a old lighthouse with nice view and a lot of nice restaurants there. Otherwise, I didn´t find much to do in Guayaquil.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • metteks's Profile Photo

by metteks Online Now Nov 8, 2005 at 9:37 AM

You could go to Playas, a quiet beachtown 1 hour, 45 minutes from Guayaquil.

I stayed two days here and it was a nice place to relax, all though there wasn't much to do.

• namastedc's Profile Photo

by namastedc Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 4:55 AM

Guayaquil could easily fill 2 days - 3 days if you wanted to see every last thing there is. Anyways, the following are things I would recommend, in order of best to least recommended (I'm not adding anything I WOULDN'T recommend, so don't worry about something being bad!!)

Malecon 2000
    MAAC Museaum (pronounced "Mac")
    Las Penas Hill
    Iguana Park
    Parque Historico
    Cerro Blanco
    Botanical Garden (take a taxi, and have the taxi either wait or meet you in 1-2hours - this is a nice, safe enclosed park in a bad neighborhood)
    Discovery Tours boat ride to the island across the river from the Malecon
    Boat ride on the Malecon Salado, to see the estuary
    Puerto Hondo (boat ride through mangroves)
    Municipal Museaum

Write me if you want any other recommendations - such as for restaurants, taxi companies, etc.

Good luck!
    Damon

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

by easterntrekker Online Now Nov 12, 2005 at 10:40 AM

Hi
    We just got back yesterday from Ecuador and had a nice couple of days in Guayaquil . We spent a whole day at Malecon 200. It's a great place for a stroll right along the river. There are lots of little inexpensive restuarants there too....great seafood platter for 2 for6.00. It's enough for 4 really!! Across the street is a market selling lots of stuff ( from China) like Nike shirts and shoes...hats sunglasses watches...fun if you like to barter.

We had a great dinner at the Patio restuarant in Hotel Oro Verde..

Anyway have fun.
    Anita

• avelazco's Profile Photo

by avelazco Online Now Nov 25, 2005 at 7:03 AM

Well you can spent 1 day, at Malecon 2000 and thair atractions... mall, boats, and at the nigth at the cerro santa ana.
    The 2nd. day you can visit malls, at nigth visit Malecon del Salado and their discotecs.
    The 3rd day you can visit the el Parque Histórico (20 min.), or Puná Island (2 hours) or Maglares Churute (40 min.) or go to the beach at Salinas (2 hours)

If you need a virtual visit of Guayaquil, or tours, please go to at:
    http://www.EcuadorVirtual.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines