Guayaquil Travel Answers

change location
missionsgal's Profile Photo

August trip 05

by missionsgal Online Now Apr 23, 2005 at 8:46 PM

I am coming to Guayaquil in August. What can I expect. I will be traveling one hour north for missions work in JuJuan (spelling??). What will the weather be like? What can I do in Guayaquil in the evenings when we are back at the Grand hotel?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • namastedc's Profile Photo

RE: August trip 05

by namastedc Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 11:52 AM

In Guayaquil it will be hot and humid - about 85-90 in the day. At night it will cool down considerably, and the winds will move in to make it even more comfortable - 70's or so. You shouldn't have any rain the entire time you are in Guayaquil, though Jujan may have rain (I just don't know, so I can't say one way or the other). By the way, Jujan has a funky website (http://www.jujan.gov.ec/) that doesn't offer very much info but you can get a good idea of what it is like from the aerial shot.

I don't know the Grand Hotel, but at night tourists either go to the Malecon 2000, where you can walk around the gardens, into cafe's, or up to the top of the Las Penas hill. There are lots of restaurants in the Urdesa neighborhood, and just as many cafes. Make sure you know where you are going - outside of many of the tourist areas, you do not want to be walking around aimlessly at night (and in some areas, the same goes for the day.)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email.

Chao,damon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • missionsgal's Profile Photo

RE: RE: August trip 05

by missionsgal Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 7:22 PM

Thank you. I am so excited to come... I am also going to another town 5 mintues from JuJan, I think it is across the river. La Drancha??? That website was cool...different but cool. I need to brush up on my espanol however...it was hard to read.
    Thank you for your infomation.
    Adios
    Bev

• Gergis's Profile Photo

RE: August trip 05

by Gergis Online Now Jul 17, 2005 at 1:03 PM

Hi there i read your report , and i am also staying in guayquil for a business trip for 3 weeks in the beginning of August 1 - 23 and i have also been there 4 times before meeting family , so i was hoping if u have hotmail or u like to email me then we can talk because ill be going solo, if you wanted to possibly meet up...

Gergis1@hotmail.com is my msn if you like to chat as well its also my email...

Takecare

George

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines