Guatemala City Travel Answers

change location

Tikal

by UltimateStoner Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Hi,

We are taking an overnight bus to Tikal and then an overnight bus back to Guatemala City that night and on to Lake Atitlan. I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a place to secure our bags while hiking in Tikal. Is there a locker or something like that? We will have our bags with us and I don't want to hike around with a giant backpack on my shoulders. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Julie

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Tikal

by Odinnthor Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Wow, that is a rough one! An overnight bus to Tikal, - full day of hiking and another overnight back......!!! Not really what I would recommend. OK, the roads are paved and there is a "luxury" coach that does the overnight trip. It will get you to Tikal in the early morning. I would however consider an overnight in the park and go back the next day or next night overnight bus. This will allow you to secure your bags at the hotel. Even though you do not check in until afternoon, they can secure your bags for you.

If you are going to really hike around, you will be exhausted. I do not remember any place to secure your bags, except the hotels. It does not mean that they are not there, but I cannot recollect any, but was not looking for them either. Good luck. Tikal is worth the effort.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Chenbaaxal's Profile Photo

Re: Tikal

by Chenbaaxal Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 12:59 PM

You can easily leave your pack at the Visitors' Center in a small separate room for a small charge.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines