Guatemala City Travel Answers

change location

Which tour site should I use??

by crazybenni Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 10:39 AM

My brother and I are planning a little trip to visit some cousins that live in Guatemala City. We'll need someplace that starts there. We'd like to go hike up the Pacaya Volcano, but I see conflicting accounts of the hike. One person said it takes 3 hours to hike to the top, another an hour and a half (the one site I reviewed also said 1 1/2 hours). Is it only 1 1/2 to the crater and then you can continue on? We'd like to go a little further (thus get a tour that is a little more adventurous -- we'd like to look down and see the lava!).

So - can anyone tell us which tour group they used, what they liked about it, etc? Thanks!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RAZOR-REN's Profile Photo

Re: Which tour site should I use??

by RAZOR-REN Online Now Jun 13, 2007 at 10:11 AM

I DUNNO ABOUT TOURS TO PACAYA AS I'VE TRAVELLED UP THE VOLCANO INDEPENDENTLY ON 2 OCCASIONS.

THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES TO GET UP THERE DEPENDS ON HOW QUICK YOU'RE MOVING AND HOW FIT YOU ARE BASICALLY. BUT YES IT'S ANYTHING BETWEEN 1 1/2 HOURS TO 3 HOURS UP THERE.

YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GO UP TO THE CRATER BUT HOWEVER, THERE ARE LIVE LAVA FLOWS WHICH YOU COULD GET CLOSE TO. ENJOY!

CHECKOUT MY PACAYA PAGES ON MY PROFILE IF YA LIKE

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines