change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

Havana Apr 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

more
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

Varadero Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

more
    • travel- varadero to Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I wanted to know what the best mode of transportation is to get from Varadero to Cienfuegos. Also keep in mind we are two adults a 9 year old and a 1.5 year old.

Also, is el Nicho suitable to go with the whole family?

Thanks,
      Melisa

more
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

Varadero Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Amenities at cayo Santa Maria memories resort

Cayo Santa María Apr 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Are there safes? Do they cost extra? Do they have a doctor onsite? Is the food safe? I have 2 kids and a pregnant lady coming along. I hear there are many Mosquitos, are they dangerous? How is the ground room floor with terrace? Any bugs? How can I call Canada or someone call me? Do I pay extra in room even if someone calls me? What's the plug I need, voltage . Are there activities and going to city is it complicated?
      Leaving Monday so appreciate the answers.

more
    • zip line and how long how much

Varadero Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

more
    • Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

more

Near Guardalavaca

• Nightclubs

by Cuba2014 Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there anywhere you can go dancing in the area?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • motorcycle

by jack1724 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 4:20 PM

can you rent motorcycles or scooters

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • Visiting Santiago.

by Fisher1961 Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Hi. We are staying in Guardalavaca in March and wondering the best way to get to Santiago. The bus seems to take a long time and from what I can see we will have to connect in Holguin. We did fancy hiring a car but people have mentioned the bad roads and parking in Santiago. We do want to stay overnight and usually enjoy exploring independently but it looks like an organised trip might be the easiest option. Does anyone know how much these excursions are? Alternatively would it be practical to hire a car and driver. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • house for rent

by peter_red Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

can i find a house on the beach for rent in guardalavaca?

6 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • kizombakidd's Profile Photo

salsa dancing

by kizombakidd Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Hi I have read there is salsa at Los palmares beach bar can anyone tell me where this is please

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    • realtorbk@hotmail.com.

by kahlon1111 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Like to know about services/ resources for wheelchair person to explore city and country side.------------- Bk

• weather in Guardalavaca

by travellerlady Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM

what's the weather like in September? I keep hearing conflicting stories of "rainy season".

3 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • iseelu's Profile Photo

renewing wedding vows

by iseelu Online Now May 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hi I will be in guardalavaca in oct.we will be staying at brisas guardalavaca.whilst were there me and my husband would like to renew our wedding vows.If anybody has done this I would be very greatful if you could advise me on how to pre book a date with the hotel as my huband has emailed the hotel with no reply also we have tried telephoning reception only to be hung up on.please help.

1 Answer May 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    • cost of things to do from playa pesquero

by shusky Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM

please could you tell me how much is it to swim with the dolphins?
      How much to go horse riding and where to?
      How much to go on boat trips and where to?
      How much to visit the sugar factory and what else does it involve?
      What other trips out are there and cost of them?

2 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    • primary school addresses

by dimentan Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Please could anyone tell me how to get addresses for local primary schools in Cuba as I visited lately and want to send over some pens, notebooks, clothes etc. as I didnt take any with me but they so need them. Have tried all ways I can think of but no success.
      many thanks

1 Answer Jun 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    • gifts

by skaalrud Online Now Feb 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM

what are a good gift for the hotel room staff for their work

4 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    • Sol Luna

by craigandclaire Online Now Sep 21, 2008 at 4:55 AM

We are getting married in the Sol Luna next March in Guardalavaca.

FirstChoice dont seem to be able to give us much detail about the wedding itself.

Has anyone been married at this hotel or in Cuba. What is it like ? What should we expect? Is the ceromony inside or out ? What are the pictures like etc etc etc

Any information would be appreciated

cheers

• christmas in Guardalavaca

by gwedgie Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 7:50 AM

First time to Cuba, travelled the caribbean a bit. What can we expect at x-mas time? Do they close the store etc for a few days? Staying in the hotel part of club amigo atlantico, have heard to update to a villa? We are a fam of 4 and somewhat adventurist, so don't plan on spending much time in our rooms anyway. As long as they are clean. What can we expect for typical weather during this time? HOw do we get from our hotel back to the Holguin area for a day of shopping? Bus, taxi, bike, car rental? Is it better to find our own way to the dolphin area and book it ourselves? so many questions...would appreciate any info
      Thx from Canada

4 Answers Oct 1, 2008 at 6:13 PM
    • Running

by Sammystar Online Now May 5, 2008 at 1:00 PM

This might sound a little odd but I am a runner and am planning on taking my running shoes on holiday for a little early morning easy running.

I have never been to cuba and wondered whether it would be safe for a lone female to run off the complex or whether I will have to be content with running laps of the hotel where I am staying, The Blau Costa Verde?

If anyone could offer any insight that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

3 Answers May 16, 2008 at 1:26 AM
    • Distance to Guardalavaca

by sfdgwr801 Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Hi.... We are staying at Playa Costs Verde at the end of April........ We would like to take a trip into the town of Guardalavaca.... How far is it from the hotel and could you get a scooter close by and ride it from the hotel to the town?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    • dolphins

by victoriaawest Online Now Jul 17, 2007 at 8:07 AM

Is it necessary to book to swim with the dolphins before leaving the UK?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2007 at 6:45 AM
    • Guardalavaca or varadero?

by angelpants Online Now Jun 13, 2007 at 5:49 AM

I want to go somewhere with lots to do, water sports, fairly decent nightlife, trips, beaches etc. Where would be better to go? Guardalavaca or varadero? If i stay in guardalava i will stay in playa pesquero in the playa verde hotel. anyone know what its like?

2 Answers Jun 15, 2007 at 2:42 PM
    • Looking for a friend from Guardalavaca

by vikkii Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 9:14 AM

I am trying to contact Roy or freddie from the diving school and the ocean paradise catamaran, before i visit again in May and was wondering if anyone who is visiting guardalavaca could pass on a message, i have unfortunately lost his email address.

Its a small resort so the likelihood of bumping into Roy or freddie on a trip is highly likely. I would be very grateful.

Vikkii

• whats the best way???

by tl55any Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 7:41 AM

i am staying in a hotel in guardalavaca but want to visit havana while im in cuba. whats the best way to get there? how much would it cost? and would i ned to stay over in havana for a night or two? please let me know.

4 Answers Jun 13, 2007 at 10:04 AM
    • Bill&Donna's Profile Photo

Brisas Contact

by Bill&Donna Online Now May 14, 2006 at 4:27 AM

I would like to get someone to take a man's and woman's razors to Marbelis and some hair dye to Ayelyn. They both work at the Los Brisas Guadalavaca resort in the public relations office. I can mail you the items if you are able to take them down. Thanks Bill

• What do they really need/want ?

by paul8 Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 3:44 PM

We are travelling to Cuba in July and as I work in a school I would really like to take some gifts for the children but I am unsure what would be the best to take, bearing in mind my luggage allowance.

4 Answers Jul 24, 2006 at 5:34 AM
    • Thinking of going to cuba

by Ferrari52 Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 2:26 AM

we are thinking about going to cuba in nov 2007 can anyone tell me if its as good as we here ?

3 Answers May 30, 2007 at 7:06 PM
    • Menna's Profile Photo

Guardalavaca, Provincia De Holguin

by Menna Online Now Feb 6, 2006 at 3:50 AM

Looking to book a holiday to this area of Cuba during May 2006. Could anyone sugest any places of interest to visit whilst staying here? Had considered staying in Varadero so that we could visit Havana from there, but thought it too touristy, but also realise that Havana is too far away from this resort without making it a twin centre holiday.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.
      M.

2 Answers Feb 6, 2006 at 4:04 AM
    • Playa Pesquero

by lovealot62 Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 6:28 AM

I am looking for the e'mail address for the Playa Pesquero can anyone help me.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2006 at 8:26 AM
    • Hotel E-Mail

by edwinarabbit Online Now Feb 19, 2005 at 3:38 PM

Can anyone please tell me the e-mail address for the hotel Las Brisas Guardalavaca. Travelling very soon and would like to contact them

3 Answers Jun 22, 2005 at 12:40 PM
    • Water Rationing

by BCOS Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 8:23 PM

I have just heard that Guardalavaca is rationing water -and that several hotels in the area are closed as a result. Does any one have any information on if this is accurate? Or any idea when the water rationing might get lifted for the area and hotels reopened? Cheers

• electicity in cuba please help

by karen47woods Online Now Nov 11, 2004 at 10:02 AM

my hubby wants to bring various electical items, shaver, hairdrier, digi camera battery charger, but we have no idea what the voltage is i.e. 110 or 240 and also whether its 2 or 3 pin

3 Answers Jul 17, 2006 at 2:46 PM
    • wedding in cuba

by karen47woods Online Now Nov 9, 2004 at 3:51 PM

my daughter is getting married soon and a pary of 12 of our family are going, I would like to take gifts for the stafff at the hotel and have no idea what would be most useful to them, eg maybe things that are not easily available there. i'd be grateful for any ideas.

9 Answers Nov 29, 2004 at 4:18 PM