Guardalavaca Travel Answers

change location

cost of things to do from playa pesquero

by shusky Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM

please could you tell me how much is it to swim with the dolphins?
How much to go horse riding and where to?
How much to go on boat trips and where to?
How much to visit the sugar factory and what else does it involve?
What other trips out are there and cost of them?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: cost of things to do from playa pesquero

by irelin Online Now Sep 17, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Well, in Varadero it costs 80 CUC, so Holguin should be alike or so.

Check this: http://www.holguinbeaches.com/ it might help you.

Regards,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • thinktink's Profile Photo

Re: cost of things to do from playa pesquero

by thinktink Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I just got back yesterday, swimming with dolphins was amazing. Answers to your questions as follows if going through tour reps:

1. Swimming with dolphins 99CUC ADULT & 50 CUC CHILD daily
    2. Horse riding is part of the natural farmer tour which includes line fishing, Cuban rodeo, lunch and a farmers hat to take home. It is 46 CUC Ad 24 CUC Ch Fridays
    3.boat trip - several options - I chose to do the sun cruise as this includes the swimming with dolphins that was 110 CUC ad 55 ch this combines a morning on a catamaran with a free bar , some snorkelling time at playa esmerelda (just along the coast from playa pesquero) and then onto the dolphinarium with lunch included and a kiss from the dolphins (10CUC for professional photo or you can tip the crew to use your own camera) for an extra 10CUC you can have the dolphin lift you from the water, jet ski with them or be pulled around the enclosure by their fins (20 CUC all 3 extras) - daily
    There is also "boat adventure" speed boat hire around Sama bay (2 pax per boat) 29/19CUC,
    "Island Paradise Catamaran" to Cayo Saetia island, again with snorkelling, lunch and bar 83/42CUC, "Ocean Paradise" per sun cruise but without dolphin swim 69/30 CUC.
    4. Sugar factory - as far as I'm aware most of the factories in the area have closed now, a decision made by the Cuban government around 10 years ago, however you may be able to speak the taxi drivers in your resort who will be able to advise you better.
    5. Other trips:
    Santiago by day - (I did this one and it was one of my faves but a very long day) this is about a 3 hour coach journey through some fantastic scenery to the country's original capital Santiago, home of the revolution, there are many historic sites to see, when you reach Santiago you switch from the bus to a classic American car to tour the city, they also take you on a boat ride around the harbour to see the Spanish castle that used to protect the city, then it's lunch and free time in the main city square. TUES SAT

Cuba Life - a tour of the local area around guardalavaca visiting a local village to see their doctors surgery, school, etc (wise to take some sweets or school gifts - crayons, colour books, etc), visit to a local farm, see a burial ground of aboriginal inhabitants of the island and then the museum showing how they used to live with lunch at the restaurant. It's a good insight into the local area and if its your first time to Cuba helps ease you in culturally. THURS SAT

Cuba Inside - coach to the town of Santa Lucia where you take a 19th century steam train trip towards the regional city of Holguin (then back on coach to travel the rest of the way), then it's off to the local cigar factory (no photos/bags allowed) and a good opportunity to buy some Cuban cigars and rum, visit the main city square for some free time, then it's up to the religious loma de la cruz either up the 420 steps or if you can't face that much exercise in the heat like me you can get on the coach to the top, the mountain offers great views of the city, finally it's off to the fishing village of Gibara for some lunch and some free time to pick up some souvenirs or take a quick picture of their cigar factory, through the window as cameras are permitted there. 61/32 CUC MON WEDS FRI

If you are feeling a little more extravagant there are also trips to Havana overnight 356 CUC including flight and accommodation it is an additional 66 CUC for the tropicana show, "Millionaire for a day" chauffeur driven to Christopher Columbus's landing point in Cuba, horse and carriage ride around the local area to the aboriginal burial site, spa and lunch, before going to the dolphinarium to partake in the dolphin swim for a very pricey 509 CUC per couple

Their are several others but your hotel rep will talk you through them all when you get there.

Hope this has been helpful and have a great time =)

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Guardalavaca