Guanajuato

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drinking and eating safely in Guanajuato

by RaiderRed Online Now Yesterday

I am travelling to Gto in June. Keep hearing "don't drink the water" and "eat nothing that is not cooked." True?
      Kind of have a delicate :-) stomach and don't want to be sick for the week that I am there.
      Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

more
    • Drinking and eating safely in Guanajuato

by RaiderRed Online Now Yesterday

I am travelling to Gto in June. Keep hearing "don't drink the water" and "eat nothing that is not cooked." True?
      Kind of have a delicate :-) stomach and don't want to be sick for the week that I am there.
      Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

1 Answer Yesterday
    • Long term car parking near San Fernando Plaza

by Polinero1 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Will be in gto for one month Feb 15 to Mar 15 and am looking for long term parking. Any suggestions. Name, number, address coet etc? Don't want to park on the streets.

• bajalin's Profile Photo

I will be in Guanajuato in February 2014,

by bajalin Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Do entremeses still take place in the Plaza on Sundays?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • Best schools?

by kiriousginger Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Currently I am planning to take Spanish language classes at the University of Guanajuato. They were recommended by a family member and they seem to be the most affordable at $600.00 for tuition but I am wanting a second opinion. What are the best schools in Guanajuato. P.S. I will be living with a family friend in Guanajuato so the school has to be in Guanajuato.

1 Answer Jan 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • Spending money?

by kiriousginger Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I am going to be studying at the Guanajuato University and I am curious how much spending money would be smart to bring for a six month stay? I won't need to buy food, but I might be taking the bus regularly and of course I may want to do a little shopping.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • Public pool

by alohalissa Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I am wondering if there is a public pool available in Guanajuato for lap swimming and public swimming? We'll be living there for a month and would love to keep up my exercise.....Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    • anibalrojas's Profile Photo

Are there any early buses from Guanajuato to Guadalajara?

by anibalrojas Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I have been checking online and so far I have only found an ETN bus leaving at 8:00 am from Guanajuato to Guadalajara. Is there any other bus line with earlier departures? Or any other alternative transportation available? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • opera

by tmalabar Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 2:33 PM

What Opera; Ballet; or Symphony will be on in November of 2012. I plan on visiting Guanajuato for the month of November this year.

1 Answer Mar 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    • Taxi to city

by josch1122 Online Now Oct 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM

How much would a taxi ride from Bajio airport to Guanajuato cost?

• ciaobella55's Profile Photo

What to see in a day trip

by ciaobella55 Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi! I plan to visit Guanajuato in a day trip from san Miguel. I will be there about 6-7 hours - what are the must-sees? Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

How long buy bus from Guanajuato to Zacatecas?

by oslocairo Online Now Dec 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Hi! I am considering a day trip to Zacatecas by bus from Guanajuato. How long does it take? Does the bus leave early enough in the morning and late enough in the evening so I could have most of the day to visit Zacatecas? Thanks.

5 Answers Dec 24, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    • events

by glastar2 Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Please send me a list of events for December or a site to ck.before travel.

1 Answer Dec 6, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Planning time for day trips around Guanajuato

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Hi!

I am planning a trip where I will stay in a hostel in Guanajuato and will have 9 days of visiting time. Since I am making Guanajuato my home base, I would like to visit other cities near by as day trips.

I know nothing about these places, but realize, at least that some are smaller than others and of course,and perhaps several could be visited in one day, while others would take several days.

Nonetheless, I am on a limited budget and so must return to Guanajuato to sleep. Also, I do not have a car, so would likely take a bus.

With that in mind, What are your recommendations? My thought was the following: Guadalajara ( I know, more than one day, but possibly city center highlights?), Queretaro, Morelia/ Patzuaro, Zacatecas. San Luis Potosi, Aquaclaientes,San Miguel de Allende. I have read that Dolores Hidalgo is very important historically, but architecturally, not of that much interest, but I am not sure.

I assume I will spend 3 days or so seeing Guanajuato as well and can, of course see it in small chunks of time each day as well. I have a lot of energy and don't mind long days, but am I just crazy to try to see all of this in my short time?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you for any suggestions.

• Has anyone stayed at Hostel Casa de Dante?

by ponchofm Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I'll be in Guanajuato next week and I've booked three nights in this hostel and I'd like to know your comments about it. Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    • Bucketowater's Profile Photo

Bus from ANY airport to Guanjuato, GTO, BUS from Dolores Hidalgo back to Airport

by Bucketowater Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Hello, We need bus services from ANY nearby town to Guanajuato. THEN the return trip from DOLORES HIDALGO back to an airport.

We are flying AMERICAN AIRLINES to either BJX, or SLP, or wherever american flies.

THE next question is which BUS carrier transports to each town. I have been to ETN website and it gives option in drop down list, but then when I need to process, it says that route does not exist. Thanks for the help. We are coming in August.

1 Answer Jun 16, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Getting to Las Pozas, near Xilitla, from Guanjuato

by oslocairo Online Now May 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM

How long does it take to get to Las Pozas from Guanajuato? Is there public transportation? How much does it cost? Thanks

8 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Ticket prices for Teatro Juarez

by oslocairo Online Now May 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Hi!

How much is it approaximately for a ticket for a performance at the Teatro Juarez? I imagine it varies from performance to performance depending on what the show is, but I am trying to get a little idea at least for planning. I can't seem to find a ticket price on line for the theater. Thanks!

day pass to gym

by oslocairo Online Now May 18, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I will be stayig in Guanajuato for about 10 days. Is there a spa or gym that allows day passes? Thanks.

• nordic_nymph's Profile Photo

Leaving for Guanajuato next week...

by nordic_nymph Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 6:34 AM

First, thank you all for the information about speaking english in the previous post.

I would like to follow up on a question asked to the group last May: Is there any change to the safety or political tensions in Guanajuato? Anything a gringo needs to be aware of? Or is it business as usual and just use "common sense" as you would anywhere?

Thanks

oh.. PS... I'm sure this has been asked 100 times, and I admittedly have not searched the forums, but for the locals and frequent travelers of Guanajuato, where are some great places to eat? I mean really unique and "local"; not something I would typically find in a tourist guide or in a hotel pamphlet.

thank you!

4 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    • nordic_nymph's Profile Photo

How widely spoken is English in Guanajuato?

by nordic_nymph Online Now Dec 18, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I went to Morelia for several days and quickly realized I had to rely on my high school spanish and a phrase book I had with me. English was an extreme rarity during my stay (going to restaurants was the most difficult for me). However, the language barrier did not diminish the experience at all.

I'm now looking to spend a few days in Guanajuato. Is English widely spoken, somewhat spoken, or spoken very little? Should I be prepared to have a similar experience that I did in Morelia?

Thanks!

11 Answers Dec 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    • Looking for great tin lamps

by barbaraerickson Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 3:10 PM

How do I find the great tin lamps that Marfil is famous for?
      Thanks!
      Barbara

1 Answer Jul 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    • uhurushakti's Profile Photo

whats the good cheap deal for accomadation in guanajuato -guanajuato mexico

by uhurushakti Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM

hello - looking for ideas on places to stay while in guanajuato , nothing much more than 12 dollars or under a night, preferably with kitchen facilities and hot water and if its a dorm style thing -something with lockers. the look of it is not so important to me. any suggestions will be much appreciated .

3 Answers Aug 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    • Hotels in Penjamo

by mauroguerrero Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Hello, i am interested in finding some possible hotels in Penjamo. We have a pretty large group (8 adults, 6 children) traveling there Dec.17 - 25. I've been looking, but can only find a couple. Are there any hotels in the center of town or near the center of town? thanks.

• Still Safe in Guanajuato?

by Phx_guy Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I'm planning a return trip to Guanajuato and am wondering if the situation has changed there? I was there last summer and it seemed pretty unthreatening but the news is giving me second thoughts about the whole country. Anybody have recent experience in Guanajuato?

3 Answers May 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    • Volunteering

by kronje Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I'm a student traveling to study in Guanajuato this summer. I'm planning to arrive a month early to do some volunteer work. I'm open to all different kinds of volunteering, but I am looking for somewhere safe near the Guanajuato area. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

3 Answers May 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM
    • When is the best time to fly to Leon Guanajuato (BJX)?

by mommy2env Online Now Oct 2, 2008 at 4:06 PM

We need to plan a family reunion, and money is an issue. Im wondering what time of year is most affordable? Do we save by buying our tickets with months in advance? What about the weather? I have never been there so have no experience. :(

I just need to find the most affordable rates, we are a family of four so it adds up quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, we would be flying out of LAX.

6 Answers Nov 3, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    • coura's Profile Photo

Need to get to Jerecuaro

by coura Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Planning a trip to Guanajuato in the beginning of January. We have gotten ourselves as far as Leon. From there on, we are stuck... any advice on getting from Leon to Guanajuato and then from Guanajuato to Jerecuaro? Comfortable is not a requirement, just a wee bit of safety. :) Thanks

2 Answers May 26, 2009 at 5:40 AM
    • saustrup's Profile Photo

Teatro Juarez Performances, Etc.

by saustrup Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM

My wife and I will be in Guanajuato from Feb 23 to March 1 and were interested in seeing a performance of some kind at the Teatro Juarez. A play, a concert, anything really. I have googled it but I can't find any information or schedule. How can I get information on performances and maybe book tickets?

Also, we would like to go out dancing...salsa or whatever...we are fair dancers. While I firmly believe that 40 is the new 30, we wondered if there was place with live music and dancing that had a more adult clientele. Just some place that was not a college crowd.

Thanks,

Arne

2 Answers Feb 13, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    • Travel To Butterfly Sanctuary from Guanajuato

by asaustrup Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM

My wife and I are planning a week long stay in Guanajuato in February. We mostly plan to relax and enjoy Guanajuato but she is very curious to see the monarch butterflies. How far is it from Guanajuato to the butterfly sanctuaries? Are there organized day trips? Is there a recommendation how to do this if we wanted to take a couple of days and make this trip?

Thanks,

Arne

1 Answer Jan 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    • Travel to San Miguel de Allende

by Eddie650 Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Is there regular daily bus travel to San Miguel de Allende from Guanajuato?

We'll be spending a week in Guanajuato in mid-February, but are considering going to San Miguel on two of those days since that's where we originally wanted to go there for the week.

Anyone know how long this trip might be?

Thanks much.

1 Answer Jan 21, 2008 at 1:15 PM