change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Baggage room in Campeche?

Campeche Aug 13, 2015 at 4:35 AM

Is there a baggage room in Campeche? Any ideas how to store the luggage if arriving early and the morning and want to spend the day in campeche without sleeping there?

more
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Seaweed situation in Tulum

Tulum Aug 10, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Hi all
      I was thinking of travelling to Tulum mostly to dive the cenotes but also to relax and emjoy the beach. Now I read that tons and tons of rotting smelly sargassum seaweed are clogging the beaches from Cancun to Tulum and further South and I have second thoughts.
      Has anyone been recently? How bad is it?

Thanks

more
    • oral sugerns/ dentists

Algodones Aug 20, 2015 at 11:19 PM

How does one go about finding a dentist in mexico? Can you go to a dentist in the states pay there and go to a refferred dentist in mexico. does one pay cash, credit card or check for services rendered. do they use generl anesia or caine products. where can i get a list of dentists in the 4 block area?

more
    • dentist implants

Cancún Aug 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Hi , just posted a question about 45 min ago searching for answers traveling to Mexico for Dental work. Forgot to mention that I live in New Jersey as I see most do post where they are from:) Please see previous post inquiring about dental implants and safety traveling to Mexico at this time, thankyou so much. Diane

more
    • Transportaion suggestion of visiting Chichen Itza from Cancun on the way to Merida in one day

Cancún Aug 31, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Can I take a first class bus with a stopover at Chichen Itza for 4 hours on my way from Cancun to Merida? Can you please suggest the name of the bus company and time table? I plan to leave very early, say 6-7 am from Cancun with an arrival at Chichen Itza at around 10 am, then leave around 2-3 pm for Merida. Thanks!

more
    • the best way to reach from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta in Decemeber

Guadalajara Aug 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM

any suggestion? How long it takes by bus and if its safe?

more
    • Harley rider

Tijuana Aug 31, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Anyone know if it is possible to rent motorcycles in Tijuana?

more
    • Ulys's Profile Photo

Playa Del Carmen?

Playa del Carmen Aug 30, 2015 at 12:50 AM

My partner and I are landing in Cancun on a Sunday night 9 pm, we are thinking of getting out of Cancun and going straight to Playa Del Carmen, we are looking to party on our first night or two, looking for some live music venue perhaps, would be great but not sure about on a Sunday night or where? We are also looking for accommodation near the happening area, somewhere private with a balcony, nothing too flash, any hints? But I heard Playa Del Carmen shuts down around 10pm on a Sunday..is that right? Maybe then if that's true we should perhaps just stay in Cancun for a night… any hints? Thank you

more
    • MilisaM's Profile Photo

Passport Stamped

Nuevo Laredo Aug 27, 2015 at 12:31 PM

My husband and I are planning on heading to Mexico soon to visit family... we have only flown in but never drove... this time we are planning on driving in and crossing thru the Nuevo Laredo crossing... After we enter into Mexico.. can someone tell me where we get our passports Stamped?

more
    • getting cash

Los Barriles Aug 27, 2015 at 6:34 AM

what is the best way for Canadians to access cash when staying in Los Barrilles for several months?

more
    • dentists implants

Mexico Aug 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Hi, am planning to go to Mexico for desperately needed extensive dental work. Particularly implants , as I will be without teeth full upper arch. Failed bridge and dentists recommendations here, to which I agree but can't afford. Need recommendations on any safe places to visit in Mexico to accommodate this. Am weary listening to the news and the bad things that I am hearing. Nervous but weary and desperate to get this done asap. Looking to travel in the next 2 months or sooner. Would appreciate any recommendations on someone who actually went to a particular place or knows someone who has and your take on the safety issues visiting this country at this time. Thanks so much for any help in advance, sincerely appreciate.

more
    • Ports of Entry

Mexico Aug 27, 2015 at 4:36 PM

We are traveling by car from northern New Mexico to Kino Bay taking I25 south through Lordsburg, NM. The 2 closest ports of entry to Lordsburg are Douglas or Naco, AZ. Does anyone know about these ports of entry? We would prefer not to go all the way to Nogales to enter as it adds miles to our trip. Thank you.

more
    • Suggestions to get a cab from the airport to the city

Mexico City Aug 23, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I am traveling to the DF next October getting there around 9:30 pm. Any suggestions on how to get a reasonable priced taxi from the airport to a city hotel?
      Thanks,
      Pablo

more
    • Tj Airport

Tijuana Aug 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM

I cannot eat the cheese from Mexico so i was planning on taking my own this time can i get by with it though the Tijuana Airport? Help Please and Thank You

more
    • Driving across border and into Mexico

Tijuana Aug 17, 2015 at 11:20 AM

My husband is saying it's not safe to drive my car with 5 girlfriends across border and into Mexico. He now has me worried. Any advice?

more
    • Apartment Rental

by colinal21 Online Now Feb 8, 2015 at 4:05 PM

I will be studying in Guanajuato for a semester next January. I will need to find an apartment in the city that is close enough to the university. I wanted to know what I should expect to pay for a one bedroom furnished apartment and the best place to search for them. Also, is the city small enough that location does not really matter (in terms of walking to school)?

Thanks much!

3 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 8:40 PM
    • Travel Sequence

by Jacktravel1 Online Now Jan 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM

What is the best sequence/timeline for us? We are a couple of young seniors who would like to visit Guanajuato and the San Miguel de Allende areas between March 26 and April 4th.. We would have about 10 days and are more interested in the culture and people than the tourist attractions and noise. Any information on hotels would also be appreciated. We speak limited Spanish. Thank you for your help.

Jack Caselles

1 Answer Jan 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM
    • fachd's Profile Photo

Guanajuato Mexico

by fachd Online Now May 23, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Recently I built a Guanajuato page. How come all of the photos end up in Estado de Sinaloa and my page is not with Guanajuato Mexico? Did I click the wrong province? At the beginning I think I went to Estado de Sinaloa >Guanajuato and began my Guanajuato page there. Do I suppose to click on Estado de Guanajuato > Guanajuato or Estado de Guanajuato? If so how do you correct it. I don't really fancy starting the laborious work again. Can anyone help? Thanks

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • Drinking and eating safely in Guanajuato

by RaiderRed Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I am travelling to Gto in June. Keep hearing "don't drink the water" and "eat nothing that is not cooked." True?
      Kind of have a delicate :-) stomach and don't want to be sick for the week that I am there.
      Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Long term car parking near San Fernando Plaza

by Polinero1 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Will be in gto for one month Feb 15 to Mar 15 and am looking for long term parking. Any suggestions. Name, number, address coet etc? Don't want to park on the streets.

• bajalin's Profile Photo

I will be in Guanajuato in February 2014,

by bajalin Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Do entremeses still take place in the Plaza on Sundays?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • Best schools?

by kiriousginger Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Currently I am planning to take Spanish language classes at the University of Guanajuato. They were recommended by a family member and they seem to be the most affordable at $600.00 for tuition but I am wanting a second opinion. What are the best schools in Guanajuato. P.S. I will be living with a family friend in Guanajuato so the school has to be in Guanajuato.

1 Answer Jan 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • Spending money?

by kiriousginger Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I am going to be studying at the Guanajuato University and I am curious how much spending money would be smart to bring for a six month stay? I won't need to buy food, but I might be taking the bus regularly and of course I may want to do a little shopping.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • Public pool

by alohalissa Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I am wondering if there is a public pool available in Guanajuato for lap swimming and public swimming? We'll be living there for a month and would love to keep up my exercise.....Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    • anibalrojas's Profile Photo

Are there any early buses from Guanajuato to Guadalajara?

by anibalrojas Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I have been checking online and so far I have only found an ETN bus leaving at 8:00 am from Guanajuato to Guadalajara. Is there any other bus line with earlier departures? Or any other alternative transportation available? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    • opera

by tmalabar Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 2:33 PM

What Opera; Ballet; or Symphony will be on in November of 2012. I plan on visiting Guanajuato for the month of November this year.

1 Answer Mar 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    • Taxi to city

by josch1122 Online Now Oct 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM

How much would a taxi ride from Bajio airport to Guanajuato cost?

• ciaobella55's Profile Photo

What to see in a day trip

by ciaobella55 Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi! I plan to visit Guanajuato in a day trip from san Miguel. I will be there about 6-7 hours - what are the must-sees? Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

How long buy bus from Guanajuato to Zacatecas?

by oslocairo Online Now Dec 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Hi! I am considering a day trip to Zacatecas by bus from Guanajuato. How long does it take? Does the bus leave early enough in the morning and late enough in the evening so I could have most of the day to visit Zacatecas? Thanks.

5 Answers Dec 24, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    • events

by glastar2 Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Please send me a list of events for December or a site to ck.before travel.

1 Answer Dec 6, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Planning time for day trips around Guanajuato

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Hi!

I am planning a trip where I will stay in a hostel in Guanajuato and will have 9 days of visiting time. Since I am making Guanajuato my home base, I would like to visit other cities near by as day trips.

I know nothing about these places, but realize, at least that some are smaller than others and of course,and perhaps several could be visited in one day, while others would take several days.

Nonetheless, I am on a limited budget and so must return to Guanajuato to sleep. Also, I do not have a car, so would likely take a bus.

With that in mind, What are your recommendations? My thought was the following: Guadalajara ( I know, more than one day, but possibly city center highlights?), Queretaro, Morelia/ Patzuaro, Zacatecas. San Luis Potosi, Aquaclaientes,San Miguel de Allende. I have read that Dolores Hidalgo is very important historically, but architecturally, not of that much interest, but I am not sure.

I assume I will spend 3 days or so seeing Guanajuato as well and can, of course see it in small chunks of time each day as well. I have a lot of energy and don't mind long days, but am I just crazy to try to see all of this in my short time?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you for any suggestions.

• Has anyone stayed at Hostel Casa de Dante?

by ponchofm Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I'll be in Guanajuato next week and I've booked three nights in this hostel and I'd like to know your comments about it. Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    • Bucketowater's Profile Photo

Bus from ANY airport to Guanjuato, GTO, BUS from Dolores Hidalgo back to Airport

by Bucketowater Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Hello, We need bus services from ANY nearby town to Guanajuato. THEN the return trip from DOLORES HIDALGO back to an airport.

We are flying AMERICAN AIRLINES to either BJX, or SLP, or wherever american flies.

THE next question is which BUS carrier transports to each town. I have been to ETN website and it gives option in drop down list, but then when I need to process, it says that route does not exist. Thanks for the help. We are coming in August.

1 Answer Jun 16, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Getting to Las Pozas, near Xilitla, from Guanjuato

by oslocairo Online Now May 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM

How long does it take to get to Las Pozas from Guanajuato? Is there public transportation? How much does it cost? Thanks

8 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Ticket prices for Teatro Juarez

by oslocairo Online Now May 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Hi!

How much is it approaximately for a ticket for a performance at the Teatro Juarez? I imagine it varies from performance to performance depending on what the show is, but I am trying to get a little idea at least for planning. I can't seem to find a ticket price on line for the theater. Thanks!

day pass to gym

by oslocairo Online Now May 18, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I will be stayig in Guanajuato for about 10 days. Is there a spa or gym that allows day passes? Thanks.

• nordic_nymph's Profile Photo

Leaving for Guanajuato next week...

by nordic_nymph Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 6:34 AM

First, thank you all for the information about speaking english in the previous post.

I would like to follow up on a question asked to the group last May: Is there any change to the safety or political tensions in Guanajuato? Anything a gringo needs to be aware of? Or is it business as usual and just use "common sense" as you would anywhere?

Thanks

oh.. PS... I'm sure this has been asked 100 times, and I admittedly have not searched the forums, but for the locals and frequent travelers of Guanajuato, where are some great places to eat? I mean really unique and "local"; not something I would typically find in a tourist guide or in a hotel pamphlet.

thank you!

4 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    • nordic_nymph's Profile Photo

How widely spoken is English in Guanajuato?

by nordic_nymph Online Now Dec 18, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I went to Morelia for several days and quickly realized I had to rely on my high school spanish and a phrase book I had with me. English was an extreme rarity during my stay (going to restaurants was the most difficult for me). However, the language barrier did not diminish the experience at all.

I'm now looking to spend a few days in Guanajuato. Is English widely spoken, somewhat spoken, or spoken very little? Should I be prepared to have a similar experience that I did in Morelia?

Thanks!

11 Answers Dec 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    • Looking for great tin lamps

by barbaraerickson Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 3:10 PM

How do I find the great tin lamps that Marfil is famous for?
      Thanks!
      Barbara

1 Answer Jul 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    • uhurushakti's Profile Photo

whats the good cheap deal for accomadation in guanajuato -guanajuato mexico

by uhurushakti Online Now Jul 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM

hello - looking for ideas on places to stay while in guanajuato , nothing much more than 12 dollars or under a night, preferably with kitchen facilities and hot water and if its a dorm style thing -something with lockers. the look of it is not so important to me. any suggestions will be much appreciated .

3 Answers Aug 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    • Hotels in Penjamo

by mauroguerrero Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Hello, i am interested in finding some possible hotels in Penjamo. We have a pretty large group (8 adults, 6 children) traveling there Dec.17 - 25. I've been looking, but can only find a couple. Are there any hotels in the center of town or near the center of town? thanks.

• Still Safe in Guanajuato?

by Phx_guy Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I'm planning a return trip to Guanajuato and am wondering if the situation has changed there? I was there last summer and it seemed pretty unthreatening but the news is giving me second thoughts about the whole country. Anybody have recent experience in Guanajuato?

3 Answers May 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    • Volunteering

by kronje Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I'm a student traveling to study in Guanajuato this summer. I'm planning to arrive a month early to do some volunteer work. I'm open to all different kinds of volunteering, but I am looking for somewhere safe near the Guanajuato area. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

3 Answers May 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM
    • When is the best time to fly to Leon Guanajuato (BJX)?

by mommy2env Online Now Oct 2, 2008 at 4:06 PM

We need to plan a family reunion, and money is an issue. Im wondering what time of year is most affordable? Do we save by buying our tickets with months in advance? What about the weather? I have never been there so have no experience. :(

I just need to find the most affordable rates, we are a family of four so it adds up quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, we would be flying out of LAX.

6 Answers Nov 3, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    • coura's Profile Photo

Need to get to Jerecuaro

by coura Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Planning a trip to Guanajuato in the beginning of January. We have gotten ourselves as far as Leon. From there on, we are stuck... any advice on getting from Leon to Guanajuato and then from Guanajuato to Jerecuaro? Comfortable is not a requirement, just a wee bit of safety. :) Thanks

2 Answers May 26, 2009 at 5:40 AM