Guanajuato Travel Answers

change location
saustrup's Profile Photo

Teatro Juarez Performances, Etc.

by saustrup Online Now Feb 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM

My wife and I will be in Guanajuato from Feb 23 to March 1 and were interested in seeing a performance of some kind at the Teatro Juarez. A play, a concert, anything really. I have googled it but I can't find any information or schedule. How can I get information on performances and maybe book tickets?

Also, we would like to go out dancing...salsa or whatever...we are fair dancers. While I firmly believe that 40 is the new 30, we wondered if there was place with live music and dancing that had a more adult clientele. Just some place that was not a college crowd.

Thanks,

Arne

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • trilocodelcanut's Profile Photo

Re: Teatro Juarez Performances, Etc.

by trilocodelcanut Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 5:56 AM

Hi, try this link: http://www.guanajuato.gob.mx/cultura/
    It's only in Spanish.
    Or, try this one: guanajuatocapital.com/ingles...
    When you arrive to Guanajuato go to a tourist info booth, they are located around the squares and they can give you all the info you need.
    There is a salsa place in front of Teatro Juarez, but have never been there, anyway they play loud loud salsa.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cindi5775's Profile Photo

Re: Teatro Juarez Performances, Etc.

by cindi5775 Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Hi Arne,

After you arrive in town, check with the tourist office for a schedule of performances or go to the Teatro Juárez ticket office.

There are several places downtown where you can find live music and dancing. Ask at your hotel for recommendations. If you want to avoid the younger crowds, skip the Guanajuato Grill and El Capitulo (I think that's the name...it's just down the street from the Basilica/Plaza de la Paz). You might try the Cuba Mia club.

If you don't have a place to stay yet, I would recommend La Casa de Doña Ana. It is an affordable, yet comfortable and beautiful B&B close to the center of town. Mike and Ana, the owners, are wonderful people and Ana is a fabulous cook!

Hope that helps.

Cindi
    mexican-living-guanajuato.co...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines