Guanajuato Travel Answers

change location

Spanish Schools

by gilbertsuarez Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 4:40 PM

What are the best Spanish school(s) in Guanajuato for a senior citizen to attend?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Spanish Schools

by ricksca Online Now Sep 18, 2007 at 8:53 PM

Guanajuato is a wonderful town and the Instituto Falcon run by Jorge Barrosa is excellent and inexpensive. They offer a variety of classes and homestay. When I was there, there were students of all ages from all over the world.

Instituto Falcon A.C.

Paseo de la Presa No 80
    GUANAJUATO, Guanajuato, 36000

Phone: 4737311084

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MexCM's Profile Photo

Re: Spanish Schools

by MexCM Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Escuela Mexicana is inexpensive and is a good school. It is very close to the downtown area (maybe 3 minutes) as opposed to Academia Falcon (at least 30 minutes to the downtown area if you walk fast, though there are frequent buses between Falcon and downtown).

Both schools offer home stay options.

More expensive is the Don Quijote school. It is about 20 minutes from downtown. It is an excellent school with excellent teachers. It also offers a home stay option.

I think you will find many of the students in the language schools are college age. However, we have met a number of older students who have attended these schools, so you won't necessarily be the only senior citizen in attendance.

Have a great time!

Don't hesitate to ask questions about Guanajuato if you have them. I've lived here for the past 4+ years.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines