Guam Travel Answers

change location
COMEONDOWN's Profile Photo

SWEET FRUITS IN GUAM

by COMEONDOWN Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Hello, Our relatives and two friends finished our tour in Bangkok and they were very overwhelmed how sweet and sweetest like "honey" are the mangos, tamarins and all the fruits are in Bangkok. Would it be the same in Guam? Are the fruits just as sweet in Guam?

They are young teenagers and will be backpacking upon arrival in Guam. Their plane is schedule to arrive at 3:30 early morning, does anyone know if they can seat at the airport till sunlight comes ...say about 6 in the morning and take the regular bus to the city. They read that the taxis are expensive in Guam and they prefer to walk around and check affordable accommodations in the city, not too close to the beach as they are not beach people...If you have any suggestions on accommodation, even bed space (a safe area please) for a week, kindly advise and they surely will be grateful.
PLease also, does anyone know where to buy the public bus tickets as we heard there are two kinds of bus service in Guam, since they are on a budget then we surely appreciate any economical suggestions from the past travelers or specially from the locals...
They will be arriving Guam on the 9th of November, 2008. Thank You folks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Fanniemae's Profile Photo

Re: SWEET FRUITS IN GUAM

by Fanniemae Online Now Nov 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Hafa Adai!

Hate to tell you, but 99% of the hotels on Guam are by the beach. With the island only 32 miles long and 4 to 8 miles wide...you're looking at beach every where! The airport isn't far from Hatagana, however, you'll need a taxi to get down to the town. They should be able to hand out in the airport, but I don't think anything will be open during that time. (However, this might have changed since I lived there.) As for affordable accommodations, Guam is a MAJOR resort island for the Japanese. There will be some "hole in the wall" hotels, but they will give you nothing more than a bed and a VERY cheap shower. You don't say how long they will be on the island.

As for the fruit...oh my YES!! They are really great and juicy there! That is one thing I really miss about living there.

As for the buses in to the City, I'm not sure about that, but would suggest you hit a Guam tourism site online. www.visitguam.org or ns.gov.gu/visiting.html might help. There is a "contact us" link on the first site, so you might be able to ask them.

Hope this helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Guam Travel Answer Locations