Guadalajara Travel Answers

change location

How many days should we book to see the Guadalajara area?

by prezcsea Online Now Dec 30, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Hi--
My husband and I are going to be in Puerto Vallarta for 7 days. We want to fly into Guadalajara and then eventually take the bus to PV. We plan on staying at a bed and breakfast in Tlaquepaque. We have the option of staying anywhere from 3-5 days to see the Guadalajara area. We are in our 50's just to give you an idea of what type of things we are interested in seeing. We do not spend a lot of time shopping other than to buy some souveniors for our family. We plan on walking through the plazas, taking the Tequila Express tour on a Saturday, and visiting some museums. My husband is a bird watcher and would like to see if he can go on some type of a bird watching tour. I'm not sure how much time we should we should spend in Ajijic, but I would like to go there. I would like to see the Basilica de Zapopan. Does the Teatro Degollado have performances during the day? It sounds like it might be interesting walking through the city parks. I would appreciate suggestions on how many days we should plan for the Guadalajara area. We want to keep busy during our stay there rather than spending time relaxing. We will do that in Puerto Vallarta. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • anagrettel's Profile Photo

Re: How many days should we book to see the Guadalajara area?

by anagrettel Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 10:59 AM

I will say that 4 days are good for an overview visit.
    The doble decker tourist bus can be a good option for an overview of the city. The murals of Jose clemente Orozco, are really worth a visit. I know that teatro Degollado have tours during the day on weekdays, so even if there's no performance you can visit it. Doing the Tequila express is a nice idea, highly recommended (I still haven't, I always go in rush to GDL mostly to visit family and friends ) Tlaquepaque is nice, but a little expensive for souvenirs, so if you want to buy art crafts,etc. try going to Tonala on a sunday (not a fancy place) actually is more like a street market, but you'll get a lot better prices. Also, Guadalajara is well known for their Silver jewelry, so if you want to get some good Silver take advantage of your visit at the historic centre and make a quick stop at the "Centro joyero" you can find some nice "Channel,Tous or Luis Vuiton silver jewelry and watches, for as low as 100 pesos.

For teatro degollado performances check the link.
    ticketmaster.com.mx/venue/16...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines