Guadalajara

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus station/pick up

Nogales Apr 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM

hi- I am looking to take a bus from Nogales to Los Mochis I am travelling by coach from San Antonio- I wonder if you could advise of the bus pick up locations in Nogales, Arizona so that I can get a hotel as near to the bus station-thank you

more
    • ChastityM's Profile Photo

transportation from airport

by ChastityM Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

FIRST TIME TO GUADALAJARA. I'm taking my 5yr old to visit his daddy for a week and need to find out what bus, shuttle or train i can take from Guadalajara airport to Colima airport CLQ/MMIA

1 Answer Aug 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    • Marriage

by tmorris230 Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I am a us citizen and going to guadalara the first week of july to marry my fiancee (a mexican citizen) what will I need to bring with me and where will I need to go when I am there?

3 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • Old Bus Station

by sugarplumfaerie Online Now Jan 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I want to take a bus from Chapala to Guadalajara and do a walking tour of the Historical Centro. I understand the Chapala bus goes to the old bus station. Would someone be able to tell me where the old bus station is and how to get to the historic area (walking) from there? Hopefully, it is walking distance! Thanks so much.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

Santander Serfin ATM machine in the center of town

by oslocairo Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Hi!

I bank with Bank of America. I understand that Santander Serfin is alligned with my bank so that the fees are cheaper for me. Does anyone know of the location for a Santander Serfin atm in the center of town? Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

planning time to visit colonial cities around Guanajuato

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Hi!

I am planning a trip where I will stay in a hostel in Guanajuato and will have 9 days of visiting time. Since I am making Guanajuato my home base, I would like to visit other cities near by as day trips.

I know nothing about these places, but realize, at least that some are smaller than others and of course,and perhaps several could be visited in one day, while others would take several days.

Nonetheless, I am on a limited budget and so must return to Guanajuato to sleep. Also, I do not have a car, so would likely take a bus.

With that in mind, What are your recommendations? My thought was the following: Guadalajara ( I know, more than one day, but possibly city center highlights?), Queretaro, Morelia/ Patzuaro, Zacatecas. San Luis Potosi, Aquaclaientes,San Miguel de Allende. I have read that Dolores Hidalgo is very important historically, but architecturally, not of that much interest, but I am not sure.

I assume I will spend 3 days or so seeing Guanajuato as well and can, of course see it in small chunks of time each day as well. I have a lot of energy and don't mind long days, but am I just crazy to try to see all of this in my short time?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you for any suggestions.

15 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    • Airport to ETN Station

by AEWALT711 Online Now May 23, 2010 at 7:42 PM

We're flying into Guadalajara and are going to Puerto Vallarta by ETN. How far (how many minutes) is the airport to the ETN bus station?

3 Answers Mar 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    • Driving, parking in GDL

by srk007 Online Now May 10, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hi. My friends and I are planning to fly into GDL on a Fri morning in June. Plan to get there around 7AM, rent a car, enjoy some local breakfast, check out some local sights and handicraft stores for a couple of hours & then head towards Puerto Vallarta by mid-day so we can get to Puerto Vallarta before it gets dark.

We'd like to know:
      - where might be a few good places for food that are kid-friendly and offer vegetarian options
      - when do handicraft stores in Tlaquepaque open, any specific streets or stores recommended for a good experience and good deals, I'm particularly interested in silver jewellery
      - where is a safe place we can park in GDL while we check out Tlaquepaque

Much thanks for any help.

1 Answer May 23, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    • shopping for tea, yarn, needlework materials

by patpacific Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 5:51 AM

I will be shopping in GDL this weekend and am looking for stores that sell
      good loose tea. Also needlework supplies and materials. Please include
      address and bus/taxi info. Our tour will include Tonola and Tlaquepaque
      and the Gran Plaza, and I am familiar with the big 3 story market.
      Thanks, Pat in Vallarta

1 Answer Mar 4, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    • Nursing Homes Near Guadalajara

by Engelbach Online Now Nov 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I'm looking for an English-speaking nursing home for my mother near Guadalajara. Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

Also, I need a decent inexpensive hotel to stay in in Guadalajara while I'm checking things out.

I'm from Brooklyn, NY.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    • flea or antique markets?

by sonofvlad Online Now Dec 10, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Does anyone know of any outdoor flea or antique markets w/in the Guadalajara area? Also where would one find some interesting antique shops?

5 Answers Dec 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    • Late night flight into Guadalajara

by jholmes14 Online Now Dec 3, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I'm flying into Guadalajara and arriving at around midnight and then taking a bus the next day to Erongarícuaro. I'm looking for a hotel that is consistenly open late between the bus station and the airport that is a reasonable price and is safe for solo travelers. Any tips would be greatly appricated!
      Thanks J

2 Answers Dec 3, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    • Taking a trip down South

by morenita33 Online Now Jun 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM

My family and I are taking a trip to Guadalajara have no idea where to stay what to do what airport anything would behelp full Thanks
      what about the tequila tour the weather

4 Answers Jul 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM
    • Beachware

by lights43 Online Now May 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Is there a place, preferably in central Guadalajara, to purchase MIRO beachware? I have tried all sorts of searches for these items, both in general and for Guadalajara specifically, with no results. We have purchased this for my wife on several occasions along the Yucatan, but have not been back in a while and she would like more. We are planning on being in Guadlajara in August for a wedding and would appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 8, 2008 at 4:20 PM
    • tiangis

by chava50 Online Now Apr 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM

We're building a house in Mazatlan and will be in Guadalajara to do some shopping. Our time is limited so which of the street markets should we hit. Thanks

1 Answer May 2, 2008 at 6:32 AM
    • where are the clubs in guadalajara???

by tcb2 Online Now Dec 2, 2007 at 5:24 AM

have arrived in tlaquepaque and will be staying a week...want to venture out nightly to the club scene....can anyone give advice on where to go or where to pick up this info....is there a weekly nightlife directory....i am a single, early 30's male if that helps....

• Ginza jewelry Guadalajara Airport

by Verosancarlos Online Now Oct 19, 2007 at 5:04 AM

I was enroute in Guadalajara Airport and saw some beautiful jewelry there. Is this made in Mexico and would anyone know where I could get one of their catalogues? Thank you for any help.

• night time activities during mid week?

by bjaime Online Now Oct 17, 2007 at 2:12 PM

We will be in Guadalajara for only 2 days and 1 night midweek on Weds night and leaving Thursday afternoon and I don't see a lot of things going on there during those days. Could anyone recommed a good nightclub or maybe a comedy club during weds nights? Are there any Chareadas, mariachis or anything else of that sort or is everything pretty much just on the weekends? We will be there Dec 19th.

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Commuting to Zapopan

by Jetgirly Online Now Sep 14, 2007 at 3:56 PM

I have just been offered a term abroad position in Guadalajara, but it would probably involve staying in Zapopan. What is the approximate commute time from Zapopan to the center of Guadalajara? Is there regular public transport? Is life in Zapopan really all that different from Guadalajara?

Please don't delete this thread - a six month term abroad doesn't really count as relocation does it?

• guadalajara on july 29, 2007

by LIifeLover Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 12:42 AM

hello there i will be in guadalajara this sunday, any ideas on any special events going on that day? anything is appreciated

1 Answer Aug 26, 2007 at 11:00 PM
    • best driving route from San Antonio to Puerto Vallarta

by mqotse Online Now Apr 16, 2007 at 4:57 PM

My husband and I are looking for the best routes to travel, both in ease of driving and interesting places for stretching our legs, eating, safe lodging, etc. We do not want to drive at night. Also wondering how much time we should allow to PV after crossing the border. Muchas gracias!

2 Answers Apr 18, 2007 at 8:25 PM
    • Safe places in Guadalajara?

by andreaontour Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Hi I am considering taking spanish classes in Guadalajara...is guadalajara a safe place for a single women? Any recommendation on which school is the best for taking Spanish? Any advise would be appreciated...

• Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta Bus Fare

by nickless5 Online Now Dec 7, 2006 at 11:28 AM

My family and I are going to Puerto Vallarta via Guadalajara. I am trying to find out the bus fare. Anyone know? We will be staying in the Historic part of Guadalajara. Is that far from the bus terminal? Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2007 at 5:12 AM
    • adelveis's Profile Photo

Driving to Mexico, suggestions comments

by adelveis Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 3:02 PM

I am planning a trip from Tucson, AZ in August 2006 to Guadalajara and back. i am looking for any advice, suggestions, about where to stay, which towns to visit, hostels or hotels that are cheap great experiences.

Also i am wondering about what route to follow, I would like to travel a different route back also.

Please let me know of any suggestions and reccomendations you might have.

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 2, 2006 at 12:57 PM
    • In a nutshell

by marchefutile Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 9:22 PM

Me and my bf are staying in Gdl for just three days, so I was wondering what are the "unforgivable" places or activities in town so we can make the best of this short trip. Any help will be appreciated

2 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 11:37 PM
    • Guadalajara to Colima

by durangome Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 1:05 PM

Can someone tell me the distance from Guadalajara to Colima, Mexico?

I am planning to flight to Guadalajara and then rent a car to Colima, Colima.

Can you recommend a car rental agency?

2 Answers Oct 19, 2007 at 5:17 AM
    • Apartments near campus

by dwbelinda Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 11:48 PM

I am thinking of going on student exchange next semester to Monterey Tech in Guadalajara. Can anyone help with apartments around that area or in some nice areas? I have very limited knowledge of Guadalajara. As I am a student I won't have alot of money, but would like something reasonably nice. Any kind of help would be appreciated!!

• airport to the Central Camionera

by peen22 Online Now Mar 10, 2006 at 9:27 AM

I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to how far the aiport is to the new train terminal? I'm going to be to flying in and I need to travel to Uruapan on ETN...I just want to solidify my schedule a bit. There is no info on it...I just know they are both south of Guadalajara. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

1 Answer Oct 19, 2007 at 5:20 AM
    • How do you get married here?

by texas_mom Online Now Nov 18, 2005 at 4:54 PM

I am interested in finding out the process for getting married in Mexico if you are from the US. Is it hard to do or is it relatively easy? I know that it used to be considered very easy but is that still the same? Can anyone help me out here? What about if you want to marry in the Catedral Metropolitan de Guadalajara? Is it very difficult to get permission? Do both need to be Catholic? Or is it okay if just one is? Is this even possible?

3 Answers Dec 27, 2005 at 12:43 AM
    • Moving to GDL - need driving & pet travel info

by azul123 Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 6:04 PM

I'm planning on moving to GDL next year, so am trying to prepare for it. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on moving to Mexico? I plan to take most of my possessions - not much but more than can fit into 2 pieces of luggage. And I also want to bring my cat with me. Would driving be better vs. going by plane?

Also, does anyone know how long it takes to drive from the Phoenix/Tucson area in Arizona to Guadalajara?

Thanks.
      Azul 123

3 Answers Dec 8, 2005 at 8:45 PM
    • want to live in guadalajara with my 7 yr old

by lkking Online Now Oct 27, 2005 at 4:42 AM

I am an ESL teacher in the states. I need a break and want to spend the school year in GDL with my (then) 7yr old, going to school to learn Spanish.

I am not sure exactly HOW, but I am planning on doing it.

Does anyone have any advice on finding elementary schools, kid friendly neighborhoods, things to do etc.

I am also looking for anyone willing to do a home exchange between GDL and Portland, Oregon.

Thanks

6 Answers Sep 5, 2006 at 4:49 PM