Guácimo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coconut Grove

Dominical Apr 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It seems quite nice, and a good option (ie. meaning it's well reviewwed, around the $100 range and close to the beach).

We're trying to decide between Coconut Grove and Villas Rio Mar, which seems like another great option.

Thanks!

more
    • Liberia to Samara March 27th

Costa Rica Mar 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I'm looking for someone interested in sharing a shuttle or taxi on March 27th 2014 from LIR to Samara. I land around 12:30 and plan on traveling straight to Samara. Thanks, Stephen

more
    • July 5th - 15th in Costa Rica, where to go?

Costa Rica Apr 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hi. My boyfriend and I are staying the night of the 5th in San Jose as our flight arrives late, but from there I get a bit overwhelmed as to where we should go. The only thing we have figured out is to stay on the Pacific coast. He's been to Costa Rica before and spent time in Tamarindo/Liberia/Montezuma, so we're aiming south.

Initially my thought was to rent a house/cabin (or whatever) in the Mal Pais or Santa Teresa area for the entire time and just take day trips, but the more I look into it I'm leaning towards Manuel Antonio, or splitting the time between the 2 places (Manuel Antonio and Santa Teresa). Is it feasible to do the latter? I've never been to Costa Rica so I think my perception of distance is a bit off.

We're looking to mostly enjoy the outdoors on this trip (hike, surf, see some cool wildlife, relax, etc.). The ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera sounds like fun. Ideally if I could roll out of my bed and land directly on the beach that would be great. But we are in our late twenties and wouldn't mind some night life to socialize and make some new friends to party with a bit. That being said making Jaco our "home base" sounds too intense for us.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

more
    • How to get there?

Corcovado National Park Mar 26, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Hey,
      how do you get from Heredia to Corcovado? Is there a some kind of trip possible? Since im travelling alone i would not mind a booked tour for 4 days or something.
      Thank you very much. I would not want to miss Corcovado but its very hard to get there.

more
    • rid_gines's Profile Photo

Room in Nosara

Nosara Apr 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Hey All!

I will be volunteering at a school in Nosara from September til mid November and am looking for a place to stay. I like having people around. A shared apartment or anything like that would be great. Any ideas on how to find one?

more
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Has anyone traveled on Avianca Airlines?

Costa Rica Mar 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this airline?

more
    • Costa Rica with injured knee

Costa Rica Mar 24, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi guys, I have planned a trip to Costa Rica end of May. Unfortunately I have ruptured my ACL in left knee. Till end of May my knee will recover but I won't have enough time for a surgery so I would have to travel without ACL. That means I'll be able to walk normally and taking stairs. But any non flat surface or unstable surface (as hanging bridges) could be a real problem.
      I will obviously remove all physical activity from the trip. The main thing for me is to see the nature. Do you think it still worth to go? Would I be able to visit all natural parks and volcanos?
      Thanks a ton!

more
    • jmmerc02's Profile Photo

Month in Costa Rica--need guidance!

Costa Rica Apr 18, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Planning to spend all of January, 2015 in Costa Rica....I have no idea what area/part of the country I should stay in and make my "base." I would certainly like to explore the country some, but mainly want to relax, enjoy the area I'm living in to get a feel for the day-to-day, and be able to walk/bike most places. I'm a 34-year-old single gay man. LOVE the beach and want to be close to one. Love dining. Love running, hiking and the outdoors. Love sailing. Love live music. Love people, but need my personal space--often. Don't necessarily care about the bar/club scene, though a night or two during my stay wouldn't be out of the question. I would definitely like to be able to meet others and/or have a couple beers/cocktails here and there. Essentially, I want to be around enough people--not isolated--but don't necessarily need downtown San Jose for 30 days either. Mainly using airbnb.com and vrbo.com for my rental search....not interested in a "resort." Something local, comfortable, and relatively safe for the solo traveler. Any thoughts or suggestions on cities/areas to focus my search? Any help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks! --Jacob

more
    • is a car necessary?

Dominical Apr 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Hello, VTers! We have decided that we're doing 4 nights and 5 days in the Dominical / Quepos / Manuel Antonio area.

We're trying to do it without a car, but I'm not sure if it would make things very inconvenient for us, and it's just not worth it do that area without a car.

We arrive in Quepos via shuttle on the morning of Day 1, and we plan to go straight to Dominical. Would you recommend taking a public bus, or taxi down to Dominical from Quepos, if we don't have a car?

Then we were planning on spending the day in Dominical and Uvita on Days 1 and 2. For Days 3 and 4, we were planning on moving up to Quepos and MA, and then we fly out to San Jose on Day 5.

Would you recommend staying in Quepos / MA for the entire 4 nights, and doing day trips down to Dominical and Uvita? Or is a good idea to spend 2 nights in Dominical, and then 2 nights in Quepos? Do you recommend a car to do this? Or do you think that public transport is adequate? The bus from Quepos to Dominical seems to take 2 hours.

Even in Dominical, it seems it's advisable that we have a car. We were hoping to find accommodations (around $100 per night) in Dominical, but I can't seem to find a good place right in town. The good places seem to be either over $150, or pretty shabby. The places that are reasonable and well rated seem to require a car, as they're just outside of Dominical (ex. Villas Rios Mar).

What are your thoughts in trying to do this area without a car?

Many thanks in advance!

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

From Alajuela (town) to Los Chiles

Alajuela Mar 24, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Hi all, I know that there are hourly buses from San José to Ciudad Quesada. I need to go early in the morning from Alajuela to Los Chiles to catch the bus to Caño Negro at 14.00. When and where does the bus leave in Alajuela? I will travel on a sunday, are there fewer buses?

more
    • shuttle from San Jose to Arenal

Costa Rica Mar 22, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Hi, All! Our flight arrives at 10:45am, and there is a shuttle (Interbus) that leaves from San Jose to Arenal at 2:30pm. We have set plans to go to Arenal after landing in SJO.

We would like to buy our tickets for the shuttle, but are concerned that our flight may be delayed or something. We are thinking we'll just buy our ticket when we arrive at the airport, but do you think the shuttle will sell out? Is it advisable to purchase shuttle tickets beforehand?

Thanks!

more
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Travel Partner

Costa Rica Apr 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I am a single traveler interested in finding a travel partner companion. So many places that I would like to visit penalize the single traveler and I am wondering if there is a source that is available for people like me?

more