Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bogomil's Profile Photo

How to get to Klam from Linz

Linz Jun 29, 2015 at 5:18 AM

Hello,
      How to get to Klam from Linz and back? Is there a regular transport between?
      Thanks!

more
    • mounten walking

Melk Jun 15, 2015 at 3:52 AM

I vist Zell Am See and I enjoyed walking and hiking in mountains .Do you have trails in Melk to practice sport I mentioned.If you have send me more iformation

more
    • Railjet 2nd class cars from Vienna

Vienna 21 hours ago

We will be taking a Railjet train from Vienna to Prague. I have the tickets but no seats reserved. Are the trains clearly marked 2nd class? Also our train leaves at 11:07 am. How early should we be at the station and how early normally would boarding begin?
      Thanks

more
    • Landad's Profile Photo

Anyone having time for a drink/showing around on the 11/12 of July in Vienna?

Vienna Jun 19, 2015 at 6:10 AM

Hi Guys,
      I am visiting Vienna with my mother on the 10-13 of July and using my old VT habit from years ago, I am asking if there are any folks who fancy meeting for a drink during this time. If some of you have got too much time on your hands and would like to show us around, it would be even better!

Many thanks,
      Landad

more
    • Looking for a good local restaurant...and maybe a nice bar afterwards

Salzburg Jun 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Feels like I should open another thread for this topic.
      Can anyone recommend a restaurant where we (group of 8) can get more or less authentic austrian food (or: local food)? I'd prefer a place where local people choose to go, as well, if that's possible. Doesn't have to be fancy, at all...

Again I've heard to stay away from old town and rather look for a place on the other side of the Salzach. Seems like a lot of people think of Old Town as a tourist 'trap' and its wise to cross the river and search there....and if there are any nice bars in the same area which can accomodate 8 people, that would be great, too (but it's not a must).

Thanks a lot in advance and thanks for the help in my other thread, as well. :)

more
    • Get around

Badgastein Jun 15, 2015 at 11:26 PM

When in bad gastein, what is the easiest way to get around in the city? If i want to do some activities, like hiking etc. how do i get there? Is it best to travel by bike or bus or something like that? I guess there are alot of activities in the alps outside of the city.

more
    • Where to stay in Vienna Austria

Vienna Jun 23, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Hello everyone,

We are two adult couples who plan to visit Austria around the 9th of July 2015. We are looking for a decent hotel/motel to stay in a convenient area in the city of Vienna, with parking availability "in the hotel" ( non public parking ) and with easy access to a metro station. We are planning a three nights and would like to spend about 100 euro per night, plus parking, assuming it isn't free.
      Any suggestion are welcome.

more
    • lonecrusader's Profile Photo

14 days in Austria

Austria Jun 15, 2015 at 4:53 AM

Based on all the wonderful advice already received, I have finalised my flights. I arrive on the 20th Sep into Munich and will head straight to Salzburg. I fly out of Vienna on 5th October.

I want to do around 3 days each in Salzburg and Vienna and would love your advice on the remaining 8 days. I am considering basing myself in Zell am See / Kaprun / Saalfelden and do day trips out of there.

Any suggestions? What about transport links.

Just to remind we are travelling with a 14 month old.

more
    • Swimming in the lake

Zell am See Jun 24, 2015 at 2:30 AM

I am in Zell am See for the weekend 1st July - 3rd of July. While I am there, I would like to practice my swimming in the lake using my wet suit in preparation for the Ironman 70.3 at the end of August. Is there a particular area marked out for open water swimming and are there any restrictions that I need to be aware of, for example time when the lake can be used for this activity ? Also, Is there a charge to use the lake as there is in the UK ? Thank you.

more
    • Visiting with children

Salzburg Jun 26, 2015 at 3:13 PM

We will be in Salzburg for 2 1/2 days in Sept with three Children, ages 10, 9 & 3. Any suggestions or must see/do's appreciated. We had hoped to do a salt mine tour but understand that it's not something we can take youngest on.

more
    • lonecrusader's Profile Photo

10 Days in Austria

Austria Jun 12, 2015 at 1:06 AM

Hello VTers,
      Many thanks for all the wonderful advice already posted on the Austria pages. There seems to be so much to see and do that I am having trouble firming up my itinerary.

We are travelling 23rd September to 3rd October. We are a couple with a year old baby so not looking for a frenzied trip. We would like to do it at a reasonable pace.

I have tentatively considered 3 days in Vienna, 1 day in Melk, 3 in Salzburg and 2 in Halstatt and maybe Zell am See.

Please let me know if this is realistic and also if there is anything that I can add or delete.

We are looking to either rent a car or take a train. What would you recommend for 10 days.

Many thanks.

Regards
      Viv

more
    • Which area to stay in Salzburg

Salzburg Jun 21, 2015 at 10:16 AM

I'll be in Salzburg for a bachelor party next weekend am wondering which area is best to stay in? Found a hotel right at the central train station and one on the other side of the river and the Moenchsberg. Can someone give me some advice on which location is better in terms of public transport, getting to know the city a bit, seeing the older parts of town, etc etc?
      Would be highly appreciated. :)

Best,
      Mark

more