Groningen Travel Answers

change location

museum de Buitenplaats

by jiupark Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Hey, I'm planning to drive through the northern part of the Netherlands. Museum de Buitenplaats seems like a cool place but the homepage was under construction and I couldn't get any information in English. Is this a place worth a visit? Would I have a hard time due to a language barrier?
Thanks!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: museum de Buitenplaats

by qaminari Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 5:12 AM

See jorisvanalphen.com/blog/exhi... which links to books.google.be/books?id=vvS...
    I don't see how there can be a language barrier with respect to figurative art, or the architecture and gardens, although I guess you won't be attending any poetry readings or story-telling sessions! However, it would be unusual for a Dutch museum not to have material available in English.
    This might possibly interest you also: thelateststory.com/tag/museu...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

The Dutch version of the website is up and running, I guess the English version is the part that is under construction.

It looks a great place to visit with the garden and the museum itself.

Enlisg will not be a problem. I cannot think of any Dutch museum, that would not support English speaking visitors.

PJ

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

by nighthawk Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Am living in the northern parts. Do not know if you already visited De Buitenplaats, but I dare to recommend it! most of the times comments in paper are positive, and i am pretty sure you will have no language barrier. .. ah, i could have looked at yr page be4 answering this haha but in case u have not yet visited: am curious about your experience!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines