change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ladyshippers's Profile Photo

Is it possible to travel byTaxis easily around Assen/TT circuit area

Assen Yesterday

This follows from a previous question, which I've had help with, thanks to this great forum. My son and a friend are travelling to Assen to see the British Superbikes racing in September. Probably looking at hotel or B&B to stay in but I just want a bit of info re getting taxis in and around Assen. The main hotels are too expensive but others may be further away from either the circuit or assen itself. A forum member has told us about the shuttle bus that will be running from Assen to the circuit but is it feasible to get taxis quite easily, either to the circuit or to Assen? Without it costing too much as well, I hope.

They are flying into Groningen and will go from there to whichever place they are going to stay in, possibly via Assen, depending on where they end up staying.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

more
    • Ladyshippers's Profile Photo

We are looking for advice on travelling to the T.T. Circuit at Assen from the U.K.

Assen Jul 19, 2014 at 1:55 PM

We are loooking at travel options from southern U.K. to the Assen T.T. circuit, for the September race weekend featuring British Superbikes. I'm trying to arrange this for my son as a 40th Birthday present. I've looked at goinf by car using the ferry from Harwich to The Hook of Holland but it's a bit pricey and Harwich is quite a drive from here. If there is a way of going without having to travel by car but able to take camping gear, then might be a better option and no need to worry about a car breaking down etc., Would consider going by air, in camping stuff can go too, then by train or hire car maybe. Any advice on what would be feasible will be very gratefully received. My son can be significantly disabled by severe spinal problems and pain, so I'm trying to find the easiest and most sensible options for him, especially as he hasn't been able to have any kind of holiday for well over 10 years. I will ask about staying in a hotel if that seems a better idea, as long as it would be easy to get to and from the circuit.

Any help and suggestions, as I said before, will be gratefully received.

more