Grindelwald

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wengen in the Summer

Wengen Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

Interlaken Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

more
    • Grocery store/s -opening hours

by Katulatko Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Please, can you tell me, are the grocery stores in Grindelwald open on Sunday?
      And what time the stores close on Saturday?
      Thaks for your help,
      Katerina

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Looppy's Profile Photo

Excited to see Grindelwald. Linda,USA (Minnesota) traveler

by Looppy Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I am considering a first time visit to Grindelwald. Please suggest 3-5 hikes for an experienced hiker. I am especially interested in 4-6 hour hikes with maximum natural sites.
      On the Jungfrau train:

Where is the ice castle that I saw on a pbs travel program. I believe it was part of the train ride to the Jungbrau. Station Name?

Are there other stops that you suggest are must-sees?
      Is an overnight at the Gleickstien Hut best way to take in everything on the Jungfrau including the hike in to the hut.

9 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    • May Weather

by jhroe2 Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

high and low temperatures the first week of May?

5 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • ElliottG's Profile Photo

Looking for the full winter season accommodation

by ElliottG Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Will be working in grindelwald this winter and finding it especially hard to find long term accommodation especially with the language barrier. Any help would be greatly appreciated

12 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    • Visit in April 2014

by Babarmalik Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My family is planning to visit Switzerland in April and we plan to be in grindlewald in the first/second week. Does it snow in April and what are the average temperatures? Kids haven't seen snow so this is important for them. Snow on the ground is great but snowing would be better. Thanks

5 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    • private transfer from Zurich airport to Grindelwald for 22 people

by ryanhousehold3 Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I am organising a walking trip for 22 people.I would like to know if anyone can advice me on the cheapest option of getting
      from Zurich Airport to Grindelwald ,private transfer(minibus) or train.We will be travelling in August.

4 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM
    • AfiqR's Profile Photo

skiing in interlaken

by AfiqR Online Now Jan 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM

hi everyone,
      i want to ask where is the cheapest(yet enjoyable) place to go skiing in interlaken area ?
      and this is also my first time skiing, so does the weather condition affect the ski area such as the place is closed etc ? because as far as the weather forecast told me, there will be snow fall on the day i plan to ski. so how is it?

2 Answers Jan 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • Winter in/around Grindelwald

by rmwhitt Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM

What can we expect to find in Grindelwald in January--weather (throughout the Bernese Oberland), amount of snow, conditions (can we do a bit of hiking, and where are easy/short hikes)? Also plan to sledge and hear that easy run from Grindelwald First is best bet, but are there other easy runs? Thinking of going to Murren or Wengen to walk around a bit--which is recommended? Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • Supermarket opening times

by mungodaisy Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Please can anybody tell me what time the supermarket will close on SATURDAY JULY 7th? WE arrive at about 16.00 and want to know if there will be time to shop.
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 20, 2012 at 4:40 AM
    • Jungfrau walking up and down hill on foot

by mfharis Online Now May 22, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Hello all,
      I am going to visit Interlaken and Grindelwald coming week for three days with my friends. Our agenda is to visit Jungfrau. I know there are 2 different routes to go up and both are awesome. But I came to know that it is also possible to walk down from Jungfrau (i mean without train). I want to know is it really possible? and how much time would it take? also the travel cost for round-trip through Jungfraujoch is very expensive, so we are thinking to take one-way ticket from Interlaken to Jungfrau and on return walk down ourselves.
      Please give your opinion if its possible or not?

regards

5 Answers May 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    • travel time

by willamal Online Now Sep 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM

can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from munich to salzburg austria and from salzburg to grindlewald by train? and how difficult is the trip. thanks

5 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    • chalet in grindelwald for 11 nights frm 27 May - 07 Jun '11

by manish117 Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Hi friends...

we are a couple looking for a chalet in or around grindelwald at a small budget of around CHF100/night. our top priority are excellent views and if possible decent connectivity to a nearby station or a bus stop. we are absolutely ok with staying a little away from the central town.

have gone through interhome without much luck. would appreciate if someone could share their experiences / recommend some options.

Thanks!!

1 Answer Jan 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    • Visiting Jungfrau

by jackberry Online Now Oct 26, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Which way is the most scenic way via Grindelwald or Via Lauterbrunnen?
      Also can you get off the train at Kleine Scheidegg and catch a later train down the mountain?
      Thanks for your response.

4 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    • Apartment to Rent

by arnyt2 Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 1:15 PM

I know I am asking so far in advance ie July 2011 but having just returned from Interlaken and visited Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen hubby and I looking to go to one of these areas but rather than staying in a hotel are looking for a mid range priced apartment. Obviously would like it quite centrally. Any suggestions. Looked on TA and the Jasmine Apartments seem to get good reviews but was a bit pricey. Thanks.

• Recommendations for economical eateries

by libbis Online Now May 25, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Is there a COOP with self-serve in Grindelwald ?

Or could any expert advice those economical eateries in Grindelwald.

Thanks in advance

3 Answers May 28, 2010 at 4:24 AM
    • Booking lodging in summer

by abirome Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Two of us are going to Grindelwald, and other places in Switzerland, in mid-July before most Swiss go on holiday on July 17. We are wondering whether we need to book accommodations ahead of time or if we'll be able to find space in mid-level hotels or inns when we get there.

Which hikes do you recommend, aside from the Kleine Sheidegg hike to Lauterbrunnen? Oh, and while we're talking about that hike, can we do the hike and get back to Grindelwald via train all in one day? Any tips are welcome. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    • Adagio1's Profile Photo

Pleasant Friendly Hotel Wanted

by Adagio1 Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 1:16 PM

We will have a small group of 14 persons wanting to stay in Grindelwald for 3 nights from 10 May. My favourite hotel, Hotel Bernerhof is closed so any suggestions for a similar hotel at Grindelwald that would be open? This is for 2011. I know it's a long way off, fortunately, as it is amazing what is booked out for this year. Makes you wonder if there was a financial recession.

8 Answers Feb 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    • worth bringing a baby pram/buggy to get out & abut in Grindelwald

by kirkmeister Online Now Jan 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Hi
      we have never been to the Alps or a ski resort before and will not be skiing.
      we are are coming to Grindelwald for 3 nights as i have never seen snowy mountains! we are travelling with our 3 month old baby and will be using a baby carrier some of the time so she will be strapped to us but also keen to bring the buggy pram so it she is sleeping we can still go out to eat.
      is a standard buggy okay aroung the resort town? are there pavements or cleared areas or are we unrealitic to think we could push her around a snowy resort town.urgent advice please as we fly this friday
      thanks
      k

1 Answer Jan 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    • short visit to Grindelwald

by sarahbishop Online Now Aug 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM

We are spending a very short time in Europe in September, travelling in a camper van (2 adults, 3 kids) and trying to see as much as we can. We will only be able to spend 2 days in the Alps and were thinking of Grindelwald as you can stay there in the van. Being Aussie kids, they are desperate to see and touch snow and throw snowballs! What is the best way to reach the snow in mid September? What is the best value for money gondola/cable car/train ride if we only have one or two days in Switzerland? Is Grindelwald the best place to go to enjoy our very short stay in the country? Any other tips or suggestions? Thanks

8 Answers Aug 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    • Travel in Grindelwald & Interlaken region

by Baisaa Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM

We are going for our first trip to Switzerland - a seven day trip & we will be based in Grindelwald. We want to explore and enjoy this and the nearby areas rather than travelling to all corners of Switzerland during the trip (an exception might be Zermat since my friend is keen to visit it).

I believe the best travel option is the Swiss Card which will cover the return trip from Zurich airport to Grindelwald and give us 50% discount on all other fare. Any ideas if this is the most economical thing to do?

Also is it cheaper to buy items like the Swiss Card and Swiss Pass outside Switzerland? We heard that to promote tourism, lower rates/discount is given if purchased outside Switzerland.

I would be grateful for any advise and help with this.

3 Answers Jun 29, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    • grindelwald - looking for an economic place to sleep

by izzygirl Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Hello. We are travelling to Grindelwld July 09. We are 5 adults and a baby and we are looking for a place to stay not very expensive... Youth hostel is full and other places are very expensive. Any suggestion?? Tank you.

1 Answer Mar 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    • Which Hike ?

by frodon Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Am planning for summer 09. Am thinking of hiking either Grindelwald
      to Rosenlaui OR Rosenlaui to Meiringen w/ backpack. Which is the more
      scenic? Which is the tougher? How much time should be alloted for each?

2 Answers Mar 22, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    • local tour operator in Grindelwald

by theresachan Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM

I will be spending a week in Grindelwald end of Jan 2009. I want to ski and explore the nearby area. Are there any local tour operators that offer day trips etc?

1 Answer Nov 17, 2008 at 9:46 PM
    • Typical Suisse Kitchen

by JWAG Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Please suggest me where i can find the best authentique Kaseschnitte and Fondue restaurant in Grindelwald. Thanks!

• 3 suggestions for beautifull hiking trails

by JWAG Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM

We stay at Grindelwald 12/6/2008 till 16/6/2008. Is it possible to give us any suggestions for what are the most interesting trails when you have only three days? Whe are in a group of 5 men. Some have no experience some have. Schynnige Platte First is already at my list. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 30, 2008 at 5:06 AM
    • Great Grindelwald

by abhinavsood Online Now Mar 14, 2008 at 12:58 AM

WIll there be snow around in grindelwald in the month of MAy. Also how to get to Manlichen Bahn from grindelwald station, Will there be snow there in MAnlichen Bahn in the month of may?

PLease forward reply to abhinavsood@fastmail.fm ---- thank you!

1 Answer Mar 14, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    • Lake Bachalpsee Photo Ops

by philrenfroe Online Now Jan 20, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Is there a best time of day in July to photograph the Subject lake and is the return walk to the station up or down grade and 45 minutes also?

1 Answer Jan 25, 2008 at 3:45 AM
    • traveling from Grindelwald to Germany

by lajohnst Online Now Oct 17, 2007 at 5:48 PM

We will be staying in Grindelwald the week prior to Christmas and are looking for a good place to go for Christmas and New Years. I have heard New Years is great in Germany. Perhaps Munich? We are having difficulty figuring out how to get there (train or plane and which ones) as well as deciding where to go. Any suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Oct 18, 2007 at 11:32 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

hotel belair eden

by vpas Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Hi,
      Is hotel belair eden good?
      How can one travel to murren and schillthorn from grindelwald
      Is it possible to go to interlaken from grindelwald and be back by night to grindelwald?
      Regards,
      Vpas

2 Answers Apr 11, 2007 at 10:34 AM
    • walking around grindlewald area

by lart Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 2:33 AM

how easy is it to walk around the area Grindlewald First. Noticed that somebody stated that the walk Grosse Scheidegg to First Marmot trail was closed wish to do this in the middle of may this year. Have got 1.2500 walking maps of area plus the printouts from the website states 1hr 45 mins is this realistic and how easy is it to follow the swiss footpaths
      Many thanks

1 Answer Apr 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM