Grenoble

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Practical advice needed for lyon,france

Lyon Jun 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am coming to lyon france from clermont ferrand with a baby in a stroller. I have no transport on my own and will depend on local lyon transport. Can any1 advice how should i plan my day as I have to return to clermont ferrand by evening. I don't wish to go to museums or anything related to art as I have limited international history knowledge. I just have one day so I wanted someone to help.
      thanx

more
    • Uneven doors in Viviers

Viviers Jun 16, 2014 at 12:43 AM

What is the reason for the different sized doors in one of the old homes in Viviers

more
    • Quick help for my tour to lyon

Lyon Jul 3, 2014 at 1:01 AM

In lyon I wish to just visit Parc de la tete d'or and the presquile(walk by lake and view nature). I will be coming from clermont ferrand..so just wanted to check if these two places are doable in 4 hours to 6 hours?

It would also be great if someone could tell me the route to all these places via public transport. finding someone to speak in english seems tough here don't know about there.

more
    • nearest station(from clermont ferrand) to heart of city of lyon to see the river

Lyon Jun 30, 2014 at 1:42 AM

nearest station(from clermont ferrand) to heart of city of lyon to see the river

more
    • Travelling from Geneva to Annemasse and back

Annemasse Jun 19, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi, we have made reservations in ibis budget Annemasse during our visit in September. We are not getting a clear picture of how to get to the hotel from Geneva train station. I have few queries. It would be great if anybody can guide us on these:
      1.How can we reach Annemasse station (name of the station?) from Geneva train station?
      2.From Annemasse station, are there tram or bus till the hotel? We are coming with parents in their 70s and having problem with long walk.
      3.How much would be the total ticket fare from Geneva to Annemasse and then till the hotel?
      4.After 2 days we have to catch the 9:00 am flight to India from Geneva. Are there buses which start as early as around 5:30am?
      5.During our stay, one day we will be making a trip to Gru'yeres and Broc and another day to Paris. We come back after 3 days to Annemasse from where we are flying back to India.
      6.If we consider the travel expenses (for 6 people) time etc. was it better to book the hotel in Geneva itself (We already made the bookings).
      Waiting for a reply. Thanks in advance.
      Sandhya Ashok

more
    • Is there any Cross-border charges?

Annemasse Jun 23, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Hi,
      When we go from Geneva to Annemasse in bus number 61, do we have to pay any cross border charges? If any, how much would be that?
      Thanks in Advance for the replies….
      Sandhya Ashok

more
    • Holiday and French in Evian

Évian-les-Bains Jun 22, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I'd love to take an intensive French course around Evian in September for about a week. Has anyone experience about language holidays?

more
    • Tour de France 2014

by csteenhuis01 Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

A group of 4 will be in Grenoble arriving by train we have accommodation booked - am trying to work out how to get up moutains to view the race - should we hire a car or do any local tour operators offer any deals I cannot find much on the net. If anyone has some ideas please share - thanls

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    • Looking for accommodation in Grenoble for a month

by Maurizio74 Online Now May 6, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking for a cheap accommodation in Grenoble, for a month (July). We are a couple, with 2 babies.
      Tks,
      Maurizio

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Romantic but budget places to stay

by c4cole Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I am looking for a romantic but "value for money" place to stay in Grenoble whilst on honeymoon in March 2014 (27th, 28th, 29th). I am not very keen on staying in an hotel and would prefer to stay in a guest house/bed and breakfast place. I am from South Africa, any help on places to stay would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • what to wear

by beliciayong Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 2:52 AM

i will be going to grenoble to study for a semester. from jan to may. may i advise what i should wear and how thick my coat should be. i come from a very sunny place and i have not seen snow before. so i would like to ask for some help!:)

10 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • how to find job in grenoble without french ? part time job for students

by datokala Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Hi everybody

It is my first time in Grenoble , I am a student at the master programme . So I am looking for a part time jobs for students , but my problem is that i don't know french ,, at this case is any possibility to find part time job in grenoble ? could you please tell me the ways how to find this kind of jobs

thanks in advance
      Cheers !

4 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • What does Grenoble can offer to a student

by Mov92 Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Im going for a month to france as part of an exchange program and icant decide between : grenoble , nice , nancy or caen .... Out of those 4 which one has the warmest people , the biggest number of students and also something about the night life. So where would you go and why? ...thank you very much in advance

5 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • Ger34's Profile Photo

Places to go..things to do

by Ger34 Online Now May 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I am going to Grenoble for a few weeks, I am wondering what is there to do, its summer so Skiing is out. I know there are plenty of mountains....is there any activities? Where is good to eat, and drink, and good value. Any advice welcome.

5 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    • Milchan's Profile Photo

Choosing an apartment for a week

by Milchan Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I'm going to stay in Grenoble for a week, is Citadines City Centre Grenoble a good pick?

11 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • activities for young children

by achterka Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM

We are thinking of spending a week in Grenoble this summer with 4 year old children. What kinds of things are there to do with children? perhaps playgrounds or child-friendly museums?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    • Milchan's Profile Photo

day tour in grenoble

by Milchan Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Is there any day tour for easy hiking?

9 Answers Apr 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • SfumatoPants's Profile Photo

Weather this weekend

by SfumatoPants Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I'm in Grenoble for a meeting early next week. Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like on the ground in the town, in Grenoble. The weather info says it's around 8 degrees in the daytime but is it more like 0 with wind chill? Are the streets clean of snow? Would you recommend winter clothes or can I get by with my suit and adding a scarf and gloves?

5 Answers Feb 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    • Grenoble to Milan by car in October

by dmonahan Online Now Aug 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Having read a lot about the medieval trade routes across the alps, I would like to drive on the secondary roads (via La Grave?) from Grenoble to Milan during the 2nd week of October. What are the chances that the weather will allow that? I assume if the weather is bad, the main route will still be ok?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM
    • Easygoing restaurant with great food

by smcunningham Online Now May 5, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Hi everyone, we have a group of 10 people and looking for a reputable restaurant with great food, relaxed atmosphere, indoor, outdoor in the old part of town. Any suggestions would be really appreciated! Steve

1 Answer May 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    • Are the TDF cols likely to be open in May?

by efsunderland Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM

We are a mature couple planning to travel by car in the Grenoble area for 2-3 days in mid-May 2012. We would like to drive several of the mountain roads, and wonder if they are usually open by the 2nd week in May. We have found the page listing the passes and ouvert/ferme projected dates, but wonder if these are likely to change depending on weather at the time.
      For example: Col de la Madeleine, Col du Galibier, Col de la Croix de Fer, road to Alpe d'Huez, Col du Telegraphe, etc.
      Any advice would be most welcome.

8 Answers Jan 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    • accomodation, tramways and university

by dalym Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Hi
      Im going on exchange to Grenoble for 6 months. Looking at accomodation options which mean I can enjoy a good social life in the city but also easily commute to Stendtahl uni. Any tramlines or particular stops/suburbs I can research for reasonable student accomodation with a good vibe (and safe to get to at night!)
      Cheers
      M:)

1 Answer Jul 11, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    • Blayne+Bec's Profile Photo

Grenoble for Tour de France in July

by Blayne+Bec Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Hey everyone!

Aust couple looking to be in Grenoble for the TDF time trial! Can anyone give us some insight into;

- Best strategy in and out of Grenoble (coming from Barcelona)
      - Best way to head up towards Dortmund from there
      - accommodation in Grenoble

Any other tips or comments welcome!

Thanks

B+B

8 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    • auntydee's Profile Photo

winter travel

by auntydee Online Now Jan 13, 2011 at 5:04 AM

can someone give me ideas of what to do in March in this area. Most of the sites are closed. I am travelling with disabled people in wheelchairs

1 Answer Jan 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    • Student help!

by meredithkt Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Hi!

I'm coming as a student to Grenoble in January 2011. I was wondering if anyone had any housing suggestions for students....

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks so much,
      Meredith

6 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    • highliner_35's Profile Photo

Grenoble & Friends.

by highliner_35 Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 3:04 PM

hi everyone, I do travel frequently for business purposes to Grenoble and even live there particularly. this time I'll stay almost 2 months starting from now on.
      is there anybody who wants to join me for the evenings or weekends to enjoy the surrounding places? I don't know if it would be possible under the todays circumstances (rain), but at least we could try.
      I would be pleased to meet new people around here.
      I even could think of driving to tho south of france or Lyon and also Paris (by TGV most probably) and if there is anybody who want to join me, than you're welcome. Just let me know and I'll be more than happy.

hope to meet new people around Grenoble....
      Looking forward to get some positive feedback.
      Regards...

• Advice on what to pack

by langelin Online Now May 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Hi everyone. I'm going to be in Grenoble for a month between end of May and end of June. I'm going for work so I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me what I should pack as well as some important dos and don'ts of the local culture.

Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 4, 2010 at 2:45 AM
    • Hi

by agnieszkare Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM

i'm looking for any kind of transport for me and my friend from Grendoble to north of France (even not for whole distance) we stock and looking for some place in car etc. thanks fro your help

1 Answer Apr 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM
    • Restaurant Suggestions

by dmcourtspahr Online Now Feb 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM

My husband & I will be traveling to Grenoble the 21st of February through the 27th of February on business and pleasure. My hotel stay in Grenoble has already been booked via my office. Can anyone suggest some nice restaurants for us to try while we're in Grenoble? We'd like to try “real” French cuisine like the locals eat. Thank you in advance for your help, Di

1 Answer Feb 13, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    • Macisama's Profile Photo

Transportation from Grenoble to La Salette Fallavaux

by Macisama Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Does anyone know how to get to La Salette Fallavaux from Grenoble without renting a car?

Also, any recommendations for hotels in the area of La Salette Fallavaux, as well as in Grenoble, would be much appreciated.

Merci

2 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    • How to get from Milan to Grenoble and back

by braeoz Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 4:10 AM

I'm trying to get to Grenoble from Milan...
      What is the best way to do this? Train/Plane/Bus?
      Keep in mind that I'd like to keep the price as low as possible too...

2 Answers Jan 25, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    • Best way to find a job in Grenoble and avoid commuting to Geneve?

by FABGLOBTROTTER Online Now Dec 8, 2009 at 7:24 AM

Hi dear VT friend!

I am moving to Grenoble soon and some of you suggested, in the forum, to find a job in Grenoble instead of Geneva, I would like to get some advise about how to do this. So far I have been searching and finding lots of jobs in Geneva but not in Grenoble, could you recommend any special jobsites? or which will be the best way to find a job in the city according to you?

Thankss! cheers

Fab

5 Answers Dec 21, 2009 at 6:19 AM
    • Drivers license in Grenoble?

by FABGLOBTROTTER Online Now Dec 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Hi everybody!

Where I come from there are some traffic schools which offer courses in English for foreigners, is there any school with courses in English in Grenoble?

Thanks for your help, cheers

FAB

3 Answers Dec 6, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    • Living in Grenoble working in Geneve...?

by FABGLOBTROTTER Online Now Dec 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Hi!! I just found out that my husband has been relocated to Grenoble....this means I have to look for a job now. I was wondering how hard is it to commute between Grenoble and Geneve? how long does it takes by car and train? is there any monthly card for those conmuting (train).

Any other advise? Thanks in advance. Cheers! Fab.

6 Answers Dec 3, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    • kum1310's Profile Photo

To Grenoble from Italy

by kum1310 Online Now Nov 20, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Hello!
      I'm a student backpacker who has Italy train pass (valid until Italian-French border), so I'm interested in best&cheapest way to come to Grenoble.

-To travel by train Torino-Grenoble and buy the ticket when I pass the border? Is there any such train and what is the cost?
      -To take a bus Torino-Grenoble? Is there any, price?
      -Something else?

Thank you very much!

3 Answers Nov 22, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    • ggoldenrod's Profile Photo

train trips from Grenoble

by ggoldenrod Online Now Sep 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I am planning a 2 week visit to Grenoble in May. I want to take a 4-5 day train trip from Grenoble to see the Alps, perhaps traveling around Switzerland and down into Italy and then returning to Grenoble. Does that seem like a realistic and/or practical plan. Any tips on planning such a trip would be much appreciated.

2 Answers Sep 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    • TGV

by MihaelaCodreanu Online Now Sep 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I kindly ask you to inform me which is the speed for the TGV from Grenoble to Paris?

Thanks a lot!

Mihaela

6 Answers Sep 14, 2009 at 1:05 AM