Grenoble Travel Answers

change location

Visa for paris, amsterdam

by manan_99991 Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 3:20 AM

I want to travel paris and amsterdam, but i am currently on a visiting visa in UK, can i get my scnegan visa if i apply directly for it or do i have to go back to my home country and apply for fresh visa?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

    RE: Visa for paris, amsterdam

    by qaminari Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 6:37 AM

    I don't know what on earth this is doing in the Grenoble forum when you are talking about Paris and Amsterdam, but while you should have applied in your home country (or country of residence), it may stil be possible to get it from the French Embassy in London, assuming you will be going by Eurostar to Paris and then on to Amsterdam by Thalys, i.e. first entering the Schengen zone in France. It depends on your exact nationality, which isn't mentioned in your profile: for some nationalities it is necessary to produce documents proving that you are employed etc. in your home country, so that they can be certain you are returning there, and not many people travel with a copy of their employment contract, so this would require applying from "home"; in other cases, production of your return air ticket home should be sufficient to prove your intention to return. You can but try.

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines