Grenada Travel Answers

change location
Karlie85's Profile Photo

Inexpensive eats? - Grand Anse

by Karlie85 Online Now Jan 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hi all!

Me and my husband will be spending a week in Grenada from Jan 12-19 (excited!). We're staying at The Flamboyant, which to our understanding is about 20 minutes from St. George's. We don't have any meals included at our hotel.

a) Are there any grocery stores near our hotel where we can pick up some items for breakfast ie) yogurt, fruit, bread, etc? Also, snacks for the beach/hiking.

b) Are there any restaurants nearby that offer a cheap breakfast? We can get continental at our hotel for11US/pp but would like to know some other options.

c) Are there any restaurants around Grand Anse that have reasonably priced lunches and dinners? I know there are lots of beach bars/restaurants but imagine this is more tourist pricing. We've been reading about all of the delicious food and would prefer to eat at regular local restaurants at least some of the time.

I guess we'd just like to get a clearer picture of the dining in the area. There are obviously all of the hotels/resorts at Grand Anse, but are there any good free standing restaurants? We don't even have to go to restaurants per se for lunch (snack stands, etc.).

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • SunnyIsle's Profile Photo

Re: Inexpensive eats? - Grand Anse

by SunnyIsle Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM

There is a Shopping Mall "SpiceLand Mall" at a distance of about 10 minutes walking with grocery, books, food court, etc (http://www.spicelandmall.com/). Further on there is "Wall Street" with a pharmacy. Further to the north there is the "Grand Anse Shopping Center: with grocery, pizza, clothing, etc stores.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines