Grenada Travel Answers

change location

Advice on accommodation

by anet20 Online Now Apr 23, 2006 at 8:15 AM

Has anyone stayed at Grand View Inn, understand it has great views,is this from all the rooms? Also believe it is a steep walk to it from Grande Anse, is it very far? The price is about what we want to pay we don't mind simple accommodation as long as clean and well looked after. We tend to only be in our rooms to sleep and sometimes late evening, we like to see as much of island as possible and will hire a car. Any other recommendations on not too expensive accommodation, also looked at Caribben Breeze and Villa apartments, but they are overlooking golf course and did not know how far to walk to beach from them. If possible prefer with pool.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • SunnyIsle's Profile Photo

RE: Advice on accommodation

by SunnyIsle Online Now Nov 27, 2006 at 10:10 AM

I propose the Sunset View Restaurant and Beach House, instead.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Advice on accommodation

by karibikgirl Online Now May 5, 2007 at 4:36 AM

I would suggest you have a look at Hideaway Apartments or Caribbean Cottage Club. Both cost you about US$400 a week and offer very nice spacious apartments close to the Grand Anse Beach.

• indiexplorer's Profile Photo

Re: Advice on accommodation

by indiexplorer Online Now May 12, 2007 at 5:12 AM

Hello,
    Hope you are doing nice and excited to visit grenada.I cant forget my golden memories i had from this little island..
    I recommend you Siesta if you dont mind really nearby oceanic views and other things,siesta is located on the grand anse on the back of spice island mall if you ask anybody or search on internet.I paid 50USD per day during january first week,it must be low if you are going off season.If you are looking something up in the range,there is no doubt about the service ,delivery and hospitality of the true blue bay resort that made my trip heaven.
    Hiring a car and having a look inside the island on your own is a good way.I hired a suzuki escudo for 50USD per day.I dont know if it was charged high but at tht time it was peak season so you have to shell out money.
    Please let me know if you require any other help.

• alimac23's Profile Photo

Re: Advice on accommodation

by alimac23 Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 6:09 AM

Hi,

I lived and worked in grenada for a year and was staying in a place called pirates bay apartments which was just a bit further up from grandview inn, the walk is not too far from grand anse beach and is beautiful, its along the beach to the end, up through some beautiful tropical gardens then up a fairly steep hill which goes on for about 200 metres but all in all the views and the walk are well worth the extra bit of effort.

Also if you follow that hill all the way up and then down the other side there is a beautiful bay called mourne rouge which is completely idyllic, its like the beaches you see in the brochures.

Hopes this helps and if you have any more questions please ask.
    Ali

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines